“A life experience - Amazing!”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Bathroom # 3
Bedroom # 4 - 2 X Queen size beds
Bathroom Bedroom # 4
Bedroom # 5 - 2 X Queen size beds
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Russian first
Spanish first
Any
Erik L
“A life experience - Amazing!”
Reviewed 4 May 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

This was my first trip to central america and I could not be more grateful to start this off at Casa Kickapoo. The service was great, cleaning, laundry service, food, drinks, the works! There was a constant flow of coconuts, fresh juice and any kind of beverage you could think of to keep cool in this relaxing hot place. The owner of the beach house, Luis, was periodically checking if everyone had nice and relaxing stay. Luis also took me out on my first wake surfing run, it was extremely fun and I will never forget it - Thanks Luis!

A short note regarding the bad reputation of El Salvador - It's simply not true. I felt safe the entire stay and not to mention the fact that me and my travel companion stayed for another week. We continued our journey to El Tunco and made a short stop in San Salvador as well. It's indeed a country with lot of poverty but we never felt threatened or unsafe in any way.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
HalldorV
Akureyri, Iceland
“Trip of a lifetime.”
Reviewed 28 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Had been traveling and training jiu-jitsu for 3 months and was looking forward to my end destination.. El salvador.
I didn't know much about the place but i had heard it was verry dangerous and i should be careful.
I haven't felt safer in a life time. The house is on a good and remote place and everywhere you go you had tour guides who are awesome people, showing you around.
I had also heard from friends that it was a great mix of jiu-jitsu and vacation wich was excetly what I was looking for.
I was not dissapointed, It was perfect. Group of 15 fantastic jiu-jitsu people, great hosts that made you feel at home and led by black belt instructor and a great friend Christian Graugart.
The house was fantastic, Gloria,Luis,Luis and Rodrigo immidetly felt like family, more friendly and welcoming hosts you can not find. The food was great, the invirement was tourist friendly and comfortable. Mats space outside, beach in walking distance and endless stuff to do to pass your time. Or be like me... sleep out and chill.
Whatever you are looking to do.. Train hard, Sleep hard or a mixture of both, you are going to find that at casa kickapoo.
I have never had a better holiday.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The hosts
Liked least: Mosquitos
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 18-24
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Aashild-J...
Bergen, Norway
“Surfjitsucamp in Paradise :)”
Reviewed 28 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

I booked a spot at a surf & jiu-jitsu camp at Casa Kickapoo sometime last fall, not knowing anyone else going, just judging by the description of the camp and the location. My judgement was not wrong, but no completely right either..this place far exceeded my hopes and expectations!
I arrived late at night, so when I woke up the next morning and looked around- i was stunned, and couldn´t stop smiling :) The house and grounds are well kept, and has anything one can wish for. Lots of hammocks, sofas and chairs to lounge in, a pool, slackline, paddle boards, jetski...and for this particualr camp, a bjj mat space under the palm trees:)
The estuary is right ahead and the beach just a few minutes walk away.
Luis, Gloria and their crew was fantastic!! They made me feel right at home and catered to all my needs before I even knew I had them! I felt so spoiled..:) We were well fed all the time, chef Rodrigo cooked up all kinds of good stuff! Surf lessons by Luis (the other Luis :) ) was great, got me feeling (almost) like a pro before I left!
Any concerns I had about safety in El Salvador were only that, concerns. I felt very safe the whole time.
I would love to come back here, and recommend anyone who wants to experience a piece of paradise, and make new friends along the way, to book a stay at Casa Kickapoo!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The friendliness of the owners and staff, and the feeling of total relaxation I got from staying here
Liked least: Leaving...
Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
671Neal
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Paradise found”
Reviewed 26 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

This is the second time I've been here in as many years. The place is a luxurious getaway in a tropical paradise. The grounds and accommodation are cleaned daily and food prepared by the local chef is top class. Although I had heard about EL Salvador having bad crime rates, in the 3 weeks total I've spent there I have seen no signs of crime or disorder. Would highly recommend you visit!!

Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 35-49
sophiekni...
“Absolutely amazing!!”
Reviewed 26 April 2015 for a stay in February 2015

I only stayed for a week, but I wish it was more. The house and surroundings are stunning, the staff are so polite and helpful. There's always activities going on that you can join and there's plenty of things to keep you busy at the house.
I couldn't have been looked after any better!
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and plan to come back again next year for a longer period of time.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing