“It was a week of paradise at Casa Kickapoo!”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Bathroom # 3
Bedroom # 4 - 2 X Queen size beds
Bathroom Bedroom # 4
Bedroom # 5 - 2 X Queen size beds
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Lisa S
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“It was a week of paradise at Casa Kickapoo!”
Reviewed 6 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Amazingly beautiful and peaceful surroundings. Warm and very attentive staff and hosts. The accommodations were top rate and we very much enjoyed exploring the Estuary, learning to surf, and visiting the ruins. We would definitely stay at Casa Kickapoo again! Everything was awesome!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The layout of the house is beautiful.
Liked least: Nothing - except that we eventually had to leave and return home.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Glyn W
“WOW !!! Go there !!! ”
Reviewed 5 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

WOW !!! When Steve Maxwell said he was going to be doing a course there,I jumped at the chance ! Good move :-) Most relaxing place ever ! Surf definitely , chill in the pool or hammock , food perfect, but most of all the quality of the people it attracts.The icing on the cake - the hosts who became our good very friends !!! Very rare !!! Thanks Luis - Love Glyn Wyss

FattyTCel...
New York City, New York
“Time of my life!”
Reviewed 5 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

I usually don’t write long reviews nor am I overly sentimental, but I just had one hell of an experience and feel I have to share. I spent a week surfing, training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and doing joint mobility exercise at Casa Kickapoo in El Salvador with Steve Maxwell.

First, I have to thank Glyn an amazing person and great friend, who called me two weeks before the trip while I was in bed with a bad chest cold and aching back. I felt horrible and could hardly move, but somehow, Glyn convinced me that it was a great idea to drop everything and drag my horribly out of shape body to Central America to train. Thank you so much Glyn! My amazing wife/best friend gave me the green light despite her own health issues and knowing that taking care of the kids was going to be more challenging than usual.

Just prior to the trip I stretched and exercised as much as I could, but I hadn’t trained BJJ in almost three years. Not surprisingly, I was the fattest, most out of shape person in the house. My apologies to my training partners who were bathed in my sweat (yes, I was also the sweatiest).

The great food (Thanks Rodrigo!), accommodations and hospitality at Casa Kickapoo made everything that much better and learning to surf was more fun than I can describe (Thanks Luis and I hope your toe is better!). Luis and Gloria, you are the best and El Salvador is absolutely beautiful. To all the folks in the house, you are all amazing and inspirational. I wish I had more time to get to know each of you. It was a blast and I feel recharged and ready to tackle anything.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Super relaxed atmosphere.
Liked least: That I couldn't stay longer.
Travelling group: Friends
Denver, Colorado
“JIU JITSU IN PARADISE”
Reviewed 24 December 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

At Casa Kickapoo all of your expectations are met. From the excellent Jiu Jitsu instruction by major names in the industry, to the food and accommodations, everything at the Casa is top shelf.

Luis is very attentive to his guests' needs as well is the staff onsite. Whether it be surfing lessons or a special meal request, Casa Kickapoo can provide it.

Casa Kickapoo provides a safe, welcoming environment for all levels of people in Jiu Jitsu and allows them a chance to learn and train in the jewel of Central America. You will not be disappointed.

Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Scott B
Cleveland, Ohio
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed 23 December 2015 for a stay in November 2015

I loved everything about Casa Kickapoo. The location was beautiful, the house was super comfortable, the food was delicious, the people were warm and welcoming. I'm looking forward to going back!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing