“Magical Wedding at Mar de Jade”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chacala
Mar de Jade Retreats Wellness Vacation
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Chacala
Reviewed 8 March 2012

It's hard to put into words what a special and magical place Made de Jade is. My husband and I feel so lucky that we were able to be together with our closest friends and family at Mar de Jade for our wedding in January. It was a truly perfect experience. Angelica and Jorge and the staff at Mar de Jade really make you feel like you are at home in their place. Not only are the accommodations lovely and unique, the food is beyond incredible, and the location really is paradise.
For many people planning a wedding can be stressful, and in our experience, Mar de Jade really eliminated any wedding stress! Everything was so organized - from guests being picked up at the airport to accommodations for children and families to the most beautiful wedding ceremony and party that you could imagine. It was more than we ever could have dreamed of.
All of our wedding guests can't stop raving about what an amazing time that they had - many of them (and us of course) will be returning to Mar de Jade for many years to come.
I would be glad to talk with anyone interested in having their wedding here to share our experience - it is a really, really perfect place!

1  Thank jenniferlucky

Reviewed 23 January 2012

My week at Mar de Jade was the perfect relaxing vacation spot. You could hear the waves of the ocean from every corner of Mar de Jade (even the jacuzzi!) 24 hours a day. The 3 meals a day were full of nutrition - a mixture of their organic vegetables with fresh caught sea food with meat options. I felt healthy and revived after the first 24 hours. The team was incredibly welcoming, going above and beyond every moment of the day with a genuine and friendly smile. My communication with them in advance of my trip was always very responsive and thorough. Well done!

Room Tip: They are well explained on the website - any is really a great room. I had friends staying in differ...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Robin W
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Our son and his fiancee had their wedding at Mar de Jade. What an amazing experience it was. The setting was right out of a movie set. The food was fantastic. The wedding was exteremely well organized. It was absolutely on of the most fantastic weddings I have attended. Please see the comments made by the father of the bride, Doctor Paul. I couldnt agree more.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RickBrennanB
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I couldn't help but mention to Angelica "the food has really gotten better...how can that be possible when it was excellent before?" And with a group of over 50, the cooks never blinked when someone asked for something special due to their special diet. I've visited Mar de Jade six times for a week-long retreat each time. The staff is always smiling, the cozy rooms are clean and comfy and the grounds are impeccably maintained. It's a wonderful destination, away from the hustle and bustle of tourists, yet with all of the necessary amenities. So peaceful, so beautiful.

2  Thank Mirabai Joan K
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Wow, what a vacation paradise.

My daughter and her fiancée arranged a destination wedding at Mar de Jade. It started off small but quickly expanded to 85 persons. Initially, I was skeptical about a wedding outside of the United States, especially in Mexico. Was the area safe? Would the food make us ill? Did anyone there speak English? Was there enough to do?

My fears were quickly allayed. Mar de Jade is a beautiful self-contained resort, located about an hours drive from the airport at Puerto Vallarta. The location is great, right on the beach. It is very safe. The facilities are beautiful, well-maintained and up to date. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. Nearly everyone spoke English. Mar de Jade grows their own food organically. The vegetables are safe to eat. The water is also safe to drink. No one became ill. They prepare authentic, fantastic Mexican food. Many activities are available, including kayaking, whale watching, fishing, surfing, market tours and others. There was more than enough to do.

The wedding and all associated activities came off without a hitch. Both the ceremony and the dinner were outdoors, with beautiful flowers and decorations. Music, both recorded and a band, were provided. My compliments to the management and the staff for going well beyond what was expected of them. For all that was provided, I thought the cost was very reasonable.

This is a great place to vacation and to have a wedding. I have no qualms about giving Mar de Jade my highest recommendation

Room Tip: The higher up your room, the better the views of the ocean and sunsets.
3  Thank DoctorPaul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chacala
15.6 km away
Torreblanca Suites
#3 of 19 in Rincon de Guayabitos
15.3 km away
Hotel y Bungalows Estancia San Carlos
Hotel y Bungalows Estancia San C...
#6 of 19 in Rincon de Guayabitos

Been to Mar de Jade Retreats Wellness Vacation? Share your experiences!