Casa Chacala(Chacala)
All reviewsyoga retreatsweat lodgeshort walk up the beachnorth of puerto vallartaroom was very clean and comfortablevegan foodspa arealas cuevas beachbig roomhot tubweek long retreatwonderful weekmain buildingper daytaxi ridebuffet styleocean view
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I've just led my first retreat at Mar de Jade with a group of 9 adults and 2, 3 year old twins in our party. Our experience was top rate. The staff totally took excellent care of my retreat needs: my party felt welcome, attended to, food was excellent, group participants who requested special diets were very happy, the spa treatments were a big hit and the twins enjoyed excellent child care. The center is beautiful and nurturing. The setting is gorgeous and the ethos and origins of the center as a true place for healing and community very evident. I highly recommend Mar de Jade for retreat leaders and for anyone wanting to find peace and beauty.

Room Tip: Choose ocean view rooms for the full ocean sound effect!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was my second visit to Mar de Jade, and I was even more enchanted this time! Angelica, Jorge and Dr. Laura with all the staff have created the most wholistic haven with care and nurturing intrinsic to every feature, from the comfortable rooms to the fantastic food to the yoga studios to the wonderfully attentive staff. Truly a unique and healing place, in the midst of an exquisite garden!

Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Siri F
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was my second trip to Mar de Jade and it was just as terrific as the first. The staff is friendly and helpful, the grounds and the rooms are spotless, and the food terrific! I look forward to many more trips to this beautiful location.

Room Tip: If you are at all disabled, as for a room with no stairs. Otherwise be prepared to walk up some stairs to get to your room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Debziadax
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stayed there for a week for a dance workshop and it was just perfect.
Our studio was upstairs with panoramic view of the ocean. We danced with listenning, watching the waves, so beautiful. They had such wonderful meal, I never expected such healthy vegetable based meals. Great service, too.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank sfyoko
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I already know as I write this that my words will not be able to do justice to this amazing place. I was there for a week with a good friend - we had read the fabulous reviews and were pretty confident that we would have a good time relaxing and enjoying the two yoga classes a day. It turned out our experience at Mar de Jade was beyond anything we'd ever imagined and more than exceeded our expectations (which were very high to begin with)!!!

Everything the other reviews said is true - the place is beautiful - magical. The beach is amazing, not crowded AT ALL, and there are lovely waves, perfect for body surfing. You can hear the ocean from every single part of the Mar de Jade, and there is very little on earth that is better than the sound of the ocean waves lulling you to sleep at night and gently waking you up in the morning!

The food is incredible - clearly made with love, very healthy, and delicious. The service is fantastic, the yoga classes and spa amazing. Before we even arrived, the attention to detail was impressive. We received a personalized email with all the information we would need to ensure that our trip was smooth and comfortable. But Mar de Jade is much more than just that. It is a warm, welcoming, loving community, and it is the people that it attracts that make the difference and turn Mar de Jade into more than just a great vacation spot. We laughed, we cried, we sang, we danced. We met so many incredible people. It was a fantastic week, and definitely warrants several repeat visits!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends