“Relaxing & Romantic”

El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma
Ranked #27 of 390 Hotels in Riviera Maya
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 August 2017

This resort is a MUST for anyone looking for relaxation or a romantic getaway. The food is good and service is superb. This is a large resort with several "private" casita pools with bars and many other amenities that appeal to large groups. We stayed in a "swim-up" casita, which I think is the only way to go. The only negative for this trip was the limited shuttle service around the resort. Be prepared to walk (or wait for shuttle) a lot. If you have bad knees, think twice. This is an all-adult resort, but we went with families that stayed at the sister resort next door - Generations.

Room Tip: Swim-up casitas are the best & have the most access to the entire resort (restaurants, beach bed...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank marilynh130
KarismaHotelsResorts, Gerente at El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Hola Dear marilynh130,

Thank you so much for rating us with the 5 stars award and for taking the time to write such a nice review of your experience at our premises.
I am sure your comments will be a very nice motivation for our staff to keep working for all future travelers when trying our destination.
We are excited to welcome you back next year at El Dorado Casitas Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma, your Mexican home in the Riviera Maya.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

This resort is a quiet, relaxing place for a vacation and anniversary. Despite being there during Tropical Storm Franklin we had a marvelous vacation. The staff was very friendly and kept us apprised of any changes in the services/dinning venues due to the storm. Even with the storm we had regular room cleaning and turn down service. As the storm was approaching and during the storm we noticed a few bugs coming in to our room. This was a little concerning to my wife however this is the 6th storm or hurricane I have been in in the area. I've always noticed extra bugs right before and during the storm at every hotel I have been in. I've never noticed bugs other times I have stayed at this resort or it's sister properties. The food at this resort is excellent. I also love the fact that you can use all the services and restaurants at the El Dorado Royal and the adjacent Generations Resort. I love the tacos at the pool for lunch at Generations. We purchased an infinity pool room. I would recommend this upgrade. It is nice to take a dip in your own private plunge pool. My only complaint about this hotel is it is a little spread out. They do have shuttles that run every few minutes, but at peak times many run full. The grounds are nice to walk, but you do have to plan for time if your walking across the resort. I would defiantly put this in my top recommended resorts.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an Infinity pool or swim up pool room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheGetawayGuru
KarismaHotelsResorts, Gerente at El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Hola Dear TheGetawayGuru,

Thank you very much for your recent visit and lovely comments on TripAdvisor.
It is interesting to read that you enjoyed every detail of the Karisma Gourmet Inclusive Experience.
I am so happy to hear that your experience with our resort was in line with our reputation for upscale and quality service.
We will address your kindly comments with all our staff.
Hoping to welcome you once again at El Dorado Casitas Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at the ECR and it was AMAZING. The entire experience = A+++ Jorge Sanchez (beach butler) and Alfredo Medina (bartender) at Casitas 30 were PHENOMENAL. We will return!

Room Tip: There are many different types of casitas ranging from swim up, infinity pool, private stand alone a...
Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nich L

Hola Dear Nich L,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a wonderful review from our property.
We will wait for you next year!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

This was the most incredible resort. The grounds were immaculate. The staff was super especially our swim up bartender
Rubin and Porter Ivan in the 3100
series casitas. Also our waiter Sami at cocotals and Jo Jo's. Our concierges Carlos and Ruth were a tremendous asset. The Spa staff were very professional. The dinning experience was 5 star through out the entire resort. Room service was quick and delicious. Our best experience was watching the giant green turtles come on the beach and lay eggs. The resort actual takes the eggs and raises the babies until they can be released back to the ocean. The biologists/conservationists were more than willing to educate us on the whole turtle egg laying process. We will be back! Casitas 3100's

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Hola Dear dwinger001,

It has been a great pleasure to receive your warm review regarding your most recent vacation at our premises.
We are sure your description of our site´s atmosphere will be a great help for future travelers when choosing their next destination.
We will address your kindly comments with all our staff.
Looking forward to receive you once again, at El Dorado Casitas Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma for another memorable vacation.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

El Dorado is the most beautiful resort we have ever seen. The upkeep is impeccable; they have staff working around the clock to keep the grounds looking prestine. The staff is so friendly and welcoming. Anything we needed (and I'm a pretty needy traveler) they provided. We upgraded to the Casitas section, which are larger, more luxurious rooms and had a swim-up pool. The Casitas are worth every penny! Such luxury. The drinks are amazing - much stronger than other all-inclusives we've been to. Most of the food is excellent. My favorite restaurants were: D'Italia, Santa Fe Grille, and Cocotal for the breakfast buffet. I'm not a picky eater, so I found the food enjoyable. Others we were traveling with mentioned the eggs were bland and needed salt, etc. Small details that don't bother me. La Isla restaurant was my least favorite - I found the menu and buffet options to be boring. The only reason I'm giving El Dorado 4 out of 5 stars is because of the wait times at the restaurants and for shuttle rides. The food is worth the wait, but sometimes at the lunch spots by the pool (JoJo's and the pizzeria) the food took almost 35 minutes and we simply ordered pizzas and salad. The resort is so large that they have shuttles to pick you up at designated areas, but a few times we ended up walking because we were waiting for 15 minutes. The sign does say that the shuttle comes around every 20 minutes, but when I'm hungry I don't like to wait.

Again, the service was always great. Lazaro and Caesar at the Casitas bar in the 2800 section made our stay so enjoyable! They went out of their way to walk over to where we sat outside by the swim-up pool to our room and served us drinks right there (not that we minded swimming to the swim-up bar) but what a luxury. Sam, the waiter at the pizzeria by the main pool at the resort was unbelievable. I waited tables for a long time back in the day and I am all about the "silent refills" and he always had a fresh drink ready for us; mind you, we were with a party of 12 guests and he was always on top of his game.

We are not huge fans of all-inclusive resorts and would rather take a cruise to different islands, but we agree that if given the chance, we would visit El Dorado again. Adult-Only is the way to go if you're looking for a quiet and romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Book or upgrade to the Casitas rooms for an unbelievable experience. Once you stay in the Casitas yo...
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amanda P

Hola Dear Amanda P,

It feels really good to acknowledge, through your words, that all our efforts to achieve our guests’ satisfaction have been worth it.
We will address your kindly comments with all our staff.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again at El Dorado Casitas Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma, your Mexican Home.