El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma
Azulik(Tulum)
US$510
US$399
  • Beachfront
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$300
  • Breakfast included
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$231
US$185
  • Breakfast included
La Pasion Hotel Boutique by Bunik(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$76
La Tortuga Hotel & Spa(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$63
  • Pool
US$161
US$150
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$171/night.

US$344
US$287
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Eurostars Hacienda Vista Real(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$72
US$508
US$357
Priceline
5,682 results
All reviewsbeach butleroutdoor showercasitas sectionhealth barpersonal conciergesanta fe grillour honeymooncandlelight dinner on the beachroom servicebeach bum vacationswine pairinggourmet inclusiveartificial reefcasita suitepool bartenderbeach bedsswim up bar
Reviewed 16 August 2017

This resort is a quiet, relaxing place for a vacation and anniversary. Despite being there during Tropical Storm Franklin we had a marvelous vacation. The staff was very friendly and kept us apprised of any changes in the services/dinning venues due to the storm. Even with the storm we had regular room cleaning and turn down service. As the storm was approaching and during the storm we noticed a few bugs coming in to our room. This was a little concerning to my wife however this is the 6th storm or hurricane I have been in in the area. I've always noticed extra bugs right before and during the storm at every hotel I have been in. I've never noticed bugs other times I have stayed at this resort or it's sister properties. The food at this resort is excellent. I also love the fact that you can use all the services and restaurants at the El Dorado Royal and the adjacent Generations Resort. I love the tacos at the pool for lunch at Generations. We purchased an infinity pool room. I would recommend this upgrade. It is nice to take a dip in your own private plunge pool. My only complaint about this hotel is it is a little spread out. They do have shuttles that run every few minutes, but at peak times many run full. The grounds are nice to walk, but you do have to plan for time if your walking across the resort. I would defiantly put this in my top recommended resorts.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an Infinity pool or swim up pool room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheGetawayGuru
KarismaHotelsResorts, Gerente at El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Hola Dear TheGetawayGuru,

Thank you very much for your recent visit and lovely comments on TripAdvisor.
It is interesting to read that you enjoyed every detail of the Karisma Gourmet Inclusive Experience.
I am so happy to hear that your experience with our resort was in line with our reputation for upscale and quality service.
We will address your kindly comments with all our staff.
Hoping to welcome you once again at El Dorado Casitas Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at the ECR and it was AMAZING. The entire experience = A+++ Jorge Sanchez (beach butler) and Alfredo Medina (bartender) at Casitas 30 were PHENOMENAL. We will return!

Room Tip: There are many different types of casitas ranging from swim up, infinity pool, private stand alone and presidential. My wife and I choose a casitas that was located on the second floor, however, next time I'd select a ground unit so that we can walk directly out into the swim up bar/pool area. Great rooms and great service regardless of your selection.
Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nich L

Hola Dear Nich L,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a wonderful review from our property.
We will wait for you next year!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

This was the most incredible resort. The grounds were immaculate. The staff was super especially our swim up bartender
Rubin and Porter Ivan in the 3100
series casitas. Also our waiter Sami at cocotals and Jo Jo's. Our concierges Carlos and Ruth were a tremendous asset. The Spa staff were very professional. The dinning experience was 5 star through out the entire resort. Room service was quick and delicious. Our best experience was watching the giant green turtles come on the beach and lay eggs. The resort actual takes the eggs and raises the babies until they can be released back to the ocean. The biologists/conservationists were more than willing to educate us on the whole turtle egg laying process. We will be back! Casitas 3100's

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Hola Dear dwinger001,

It has been a great pleasure to receive your warm review regarding your most recent vacation at our premises.
We are sure your description of our site´s atmosphere will be a great help for future travelers when choosing their next destination.
We will address your kindly comments with all our staff.
Looking forward to receive you once again, at El Dorado Casitas Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma for another memorable vacation.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

El Dorado is the most beautiful resort we have ever seen. The upkeep is impeccable; they have staff working around the clock to keep the grounds looking prestine. The staff is so friendly and welcoming. Anything we needed (and I'm a pretty needy traveler) they provided. We upgraded to the Casitas section, which are larger, more luxurious rooms and had a swim-up pool. The Casitas are worth every penny! Such luxury. The drinks are amazing - much stronger than other all-inclusives we've been to. Most of the food is excellent. My favorite restaurants were: D'Italia, Santa Fe Grille, and Cocotal for the breakfast buffet. I'm not a picky eater, so I found the food enjoyable. Others we were traveling with mentioned the eggs were bland and needed salt, etc. Small details that don't bother me. La Isla restaurant was my least favorite - I found the menu and buffet options to be boring. The only reason I'm giving El Dorado 4 out of 5 stars is because of the wait times at the restaurants and for shuttle rides. The food is worth the wait, but sometimes at the lunch spots by the pool (JoJo's and the pizzeria) the food took almost 35 minutes and we simply ordered pizzas and salad. The resort is so large that they have shuttles to pick you up at designated areas, but a few times we ended up walking because we were waiting for 15 minutes. The sign does say that the shuttle comes around every 20 minutes, but when I'm hungry I don't like to wait.

Again, the service was always great. Lazaro and Caesar at the Casitas bar in the 2800 section made our stay so enjoyable! They went out of their way to walk over to where we sat outside by the swim-up pool to our room and served us drinks right there (not that we minded swimming to the swim-up bar) but what a luxury. Sam, the waiter at the pizzeria by the main pool at the resort was unbelievable. I waited tables for a long time back in the day and I am all about the "silent refills" and he always had a fresh drink ready for us; mind you, we were with a party of 12 guests and he was always on top of his game.

We are not huge fans of all-inclusive resorts and would rather take a cruise to different islands, but we agree that if given the chance, we would visit El Dorado again. Adult-Only is the way to go if you're looking for a quiet and romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Book or upgrade to the Casitas rooms for an unbelievable experience. Once you stay in the Casitas you won't want to stay in other rooms. The outdoor shower, swim-up pool, and jacuzzi tub totally made for a luxurious trip.
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amanda P

Hola Dear Amanda P,

Thank you so much for rating us with the 5 stars award and for taking the time to write such a nice review of your experience at our premises.
It feels really good to acknowledge, through your words, that all our efforts to achieve our guests’ satisfaction have been worth it.
We will address your kindly comments with all our staff.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again at El Dorado Casitas Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma, your Mexican Home.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I want to start out by saying I have previously worked in the travel industry and 90% of the time when we traveled down to the Cancun/Riviera Maya we would stay in El Dorado Royale or El Dorado Seaside Resorts. I have stayed with them a minimum of 10 times, and never experienced anything like this. This was 10 or so years ago, so apparently a lot has changed. I always would tell people who asked me where to stay, stay with Karisma, you can't go wrong. I even dreamed of staying there with my future husband at some point, and always wanted to go back on vacation at some point instead of just work. Fast forward 10yrs I go on and it wasn't the experience I had dreamed of.
We had initially booked a room with the El Dorado Royale, but decided when we got to the resort to upgrade to the Casitas. Our room was on the second floor and had a nice view, but when I went to use the phone on the nightstand I noticed little ants. Okay, weird, but not a huge deal. I wiped them off and went about using the phone. As the 7 day stay progressed they got a lot worse, on the last night on the last night we found a line of ants that spanned from the outdoor shower all the way to the door to the outside. By morning they were crawling all over our toiletries. I will post a video if it will let me.
We had a day of rain with tropical storm Franklin blowing through, which was accompanied by a MASSIVE leak from the ceiling. It was over the bathtub, not directly over but off to the side of it, so we put the trash can underneath it. We had a cup under it but it literally filled up in less than a minute so we moved to a trash can. It wasn't over the room itself and we were on night 4 of a 7 night vacation, and changing rooms wasn't a super exciting thought, so we didn't make a big deal about it. The ants got a lot worse after the rain too, which makes sense, but wasn't top of mind. In retrospect we probably should have asked to change rooms. I also have a video of this if it will let me post it.
Fast forward to the last night, we are leaving really early in the morning. My husband is packing stuff on the bed right after we woke up to leave when I hear "Oh my god!!" Nestled in between the sheets was a disgusting bug, not an ant or anything small. My husband was like, "Maybe it was on my bag" trying to comfort me and really himself too as it was on his side of the bed. By the time we got home he lifted his shirt and had little bumps all over his stomach, chest and back so we know where the bug was that last night. We finished packing and headed to check out; this bug in the bed was really the last straw for me. I can handle a lot but I cannot handle bugs where we sleep. I check the bed before we get in every time, at any place I stay and hadn't seen anything right until this very last moment before leaving. We took a picture as well.
Walk up to the checkout counter. There is one gentleman behind the counter, it's about 4 am. He asked how everything was and I told him about all our problems, all the way up to the end when I showed the disgusting picture of the bug with accompanying video of the water leak and ants. His response wasn't, I'm sorry or let me see what I can do. It was.. "you’re in Mexico, we have bugs here." Huh? This might have worked on an unassuming soul who has never been to Mexico before, but not only have I been to Mexico over 20 times, I have stayed in their properties probably close to half of the times I have been there. And I never experienced ANYTHING LIKE THIS. He also said his manager wasn't here, he couldn't do anything. So we paid and went on our way. I was too tired to fight with him.
The only thing that saved this review from a one circle was our pool bartender, Leybert. He was so fun and helped our time outside make up for what was lacking in the room. The food was also good, and the servers and workers were very nice. (Besides the front desk guy)
Overall, we still had a nice vacation, but 10yrs has really changed this place and I'm so disappointed. Like SO SO disappointed. I felt a little stupid when friends were asking about the resort after we got back and I had been raving about it for years and all this stuff happened. Our neighbors were so excited about having great food in Mexico on their next vacation but after the bugs I can't send them there.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rachjv
KarismaHotelsResorts, Hotel Manager at El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear rachjv

First of all I want to thank you for the time taken sharing your feedback with us at Trip Advisor.

After reading through your report I want to apologize for the disappointment and inconsistence in the service that was rendered by our employees, due to the insects and room maintenance.

For us it is fundamental that the customer service received during the stay of any client be of great quality; be assured that all mentioned in your report has been addressed to our operations Team and Managers in order to improve and perfect our services to all our valued guests.

We want our guests to feel welcome having a relaxing and memorable stay and at this moment I want to thank you for all positive feedback provided.

Please do not hesitate to contact the customer service team at Customercare@karismamexico.com so that all mentioned can be reviewed with you directly.

Warmest regards,