We read many reviews when trying to book a hotel for our 10 year anniversary and decided to book with the El Dorado Casitas Royale. Picking a room was a little more difficult, but we went with the infinite pool at the casitas section, one of the rooms on the bottom floor with your own pool. It was so worth it and I can't imagine staying in any other room (well maybe the Presidential Casitas! Ha!).
We booked our room through Costco which included round-trip transportation from the airport to the hotel. Everything about our trip was so easy and relaxing. We had a little wait for the shuttle at the hotel, but grabbed a couple of beers and made do. Our driver was friendly and even though we booked a shared shuttle, we were the only ones on it. Upon arrival at the main entrance at the hotel, we were quickly whisked away by golf cart to the Casitas check-in area where cool towels and champagne awaited us.
The room was beautiful and the inifinity pool on the patio was the perfect touch. It was so nice to be able to decide if we wanted to stay at our own pool, or hop over the wall into the lazy river and head down to the main pool and bar. The bartender at the pool bar could see our pool from the bar, and occasionally would come over and refill our drinks right on our patio!
The resort is beautiful and the food was amazing. Every restaurant we tried was very good and we quickly learned that the portions are small and not to be shy about ordering a few things off the menu each time. This was great so that we could taste more of the menu!
Relaxation was what this vacation was all about for us, a chance to get away from real life for a few days and spend some quality time together and the El Dorado Casitas offered just that. Staying at the Casitas gives you the option of being in the more quiet and private Casitas area, or choosing to go over and spend sometime at the main resort area which is a little more loud and lively. I would stay here again in a heart beat and would recommend it to friends looking for a truly special place to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El dorado casitas royale, one of conde nast traveler readers’ top 100 hotels in the world and a AAA four diamond resort, is the pinnacle of romantic seaside luxury.Nestled along the beach in a separate, secluded area within El Dorado Royale on Mexico’s Riviera Maya, El Dorado Casitas Royale by Karisma is an adults only resort designed for romance. A superb array of amenities and services makes this an unrivaled destination for romantic getaways, weddings, honeymoons, and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Casitas Royale, By Karisma Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Casitas Royale, By Karisma Mexico/Riviera Maya