“Could not als for more”
Review of Montevideo Resto

Montevideo Resto
Reserve with
Montevideo Resto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Pauillac
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Nothing earthshattering but I enjoyed for some simple food and that is all I wanted so I definitely will be coming back.

There are newer reviews for Montevideo Resto

Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

This Tapas restaurant doesn't serve the most gourmet food ever, but the qualities are sizable, for a fraction of the price, the waitress is superb, smiling and happy and attentive throughout. Not to mention it was the only restaurant open in Pauillac!

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

Very friendly personal, good food but not special. Clean and nice simple decoration. Portions are enough for one person

Reviewed 10 September 2015

I was staying at a nearby hotel, the Hotel de France et Angleterre. It was a bit late and I really didn't want to sit down to a big meal. I had read comments in TA about this place and thought I would give it a go. And was pleasantly surprised! The owner is Uruguayan. Very jovial. Speaks Spanish, French, a bit of English. Menu is in various languages as well, which was helpful!!

I got the "Chivito" which ended up being a large plate with a beef filet covered with york ham and a slice of melted cheese. There was also a bit of salad and then a pile of chips on top of which sat two fried eggs. (And I wasn't going to eat much!!) Price was around 11.50, which is a bargain compared to the other restaurants in Pauillac. Anyway, it was delicious. I washed it down with a Leffe. The owner has no problems giving free pitchers of water to folks if they don't want sangria or whatever... Nice.

Once I saw my "Chivito", I did not pay too much attention to the rest of the menu. Other reviews may include a complete range of offerings. I remember tapas, empanadas, Spanish tortilla.

A nice place. Seems to do a good business. Children are apparently very welcome. The dining room is extremely informal. Go prepared to have a good time..

Reviewed 8 July 2015

Not fancy, in fact, very plain looking. We went because of the Trip Advisor reviews and, once again, the TA community does not mislead. Our friends looked into the restaurant and wanted to walk on by-but we went in. They were actually closed, preparing catered food frantically for a large local party nearby, but the owner went way out of his way to offer us a table (we looked really hungry). He then proceeded to lavish us with small plates of a variety of delicious food. He brought out 4 bottles of different wine for us to sample and then we selected a Gato Negro Cabernet Savignon 2014 - inexpensive and very good. These guys are the real deal, from Latin America-the food was authentic and very good. A great meal for all. Not fancy, not costly, just interesting, well made yummy food.

2  Thank billcScottsdale