“Sunday lunch with the girls”
Review of The Richard Onslow

The Richard Onslow
Reserve with OpenTable
The Richard Onslow is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in Cranleigh
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

A chance to catch up with friends.
The service was very good and a friendly waiter.
The roast beef was very good but the lamb was a bit tough. Vegetarian option veg Wellington was also good.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We only had a drink but received a lovely welcome from the two barmen working.

The most surprising thing for me was the toilets. These are the cleanest toilets I have ever seen in pub or restaurant.

COSTA learn from these guys because all of your toilets I have used are disgusting!!

2  Thank MTBC1962
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I had been recommended to The Richard Onslow by a relative who praised the food and service even though he felt it was quite expensive for what it was.
We went for Sunday lunch. They were not too busy but the service was very slow and I had to chase them twice and the for the bill. Staff were pleasant enough but I did not get the impression they were happy in their work. It took us over 2 hours to get through a standard Sunday roast lunch.
The food was fine and we enjoyed the smoked salmon with fried and dried capers. It’s only fault was the roast main courses were not particularly hot and I suspect had been waiting to be served. The plates were heaped giving the impression of a generous portion but lots of air pockets to help it get cold. The ubiquitous hard tasteless huge Yorkshire Pudding appeared even on a roast duck dish! Rather off putting.
Price nearly £90 for 3 who had 2 starters 3 mains and 3 desserts with 2 soft drinks only.
More Front of House effort needed.

3  Thank Lunchalot17
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for the first time and was very impressed. There’s a small car park at the back which has spaces allocated to the rooms so you are guaranteed a place. Had a very warm greeting at check in and given all information I needed about evening meal and breakfast times. Had my evening meal there and it was a nice menu using local produce. Lovely meal and nice atmosphere, again staff were excellent. Comfy room and had a good nights sleep. Breakfast was served from 7-9 which meant I could eat before setting off at 7.45. Again had excellent friendly service and was made to feel most welcome. Would definitely stay here again

Reviewed 8 March 2018

I am writing this review purely because of the lovely and attentive service we received yesterday evening at dinner. The waitresses are very friendly and set a lovely home from home atmosphere! The new spring menu has an extensive delicious sounding selection but the kitchen seem very happy to adapt the menu to your requirements should there not be something you fancy. Lovely decor. We always enjoy our visits here. Keep up the good work, darlings!