We stayed here for a week in a Shared Pool Room. The room itself was large, clean and tidy.
The pool was shared between around 6 rooms, however the pool never had any more than 2/3 people in it at any one time, so while 6 rooms sounds a lot, the pool is large enough to comfortably accommodate all rooms. I agree that the shared pool is not particularly private, personally this didn’t bother me as i enjoyed people watching, but if you want a private pool then you probably need to book a different hotel.
There is one main pool and one children’s pool but we didn’t bother with these.
There is a mini bar in room but the items are, as you would expect for a mini bar, inflated. €6 for a Toblerone for example. The restocking of the mini bar is hit and miss.
Tea and coffee making facilities are provided in the room free of charge.
The bathroom is modern and spacious. I had lukewarm showers the first few days, but discovered that the temperature needs to be adjusted prior to turning on the shower.
Rooms were cleaned daily and fresh pool towels were provided daily along with the regular towel change.
The hotel is beautiful, it is set in gardens that are well maintained.
As others have mentioned it is close to the airport and seemingly on the final approach. Planes fly low over the hotel all day, everyday. If this bothers you, don’t stay here. Again, this isn’t something that bothered us. The flights do seem to stop around 11pm and start again around 7am.
The complex is large and spread out over multi levels, but getting around isn’t an issue.
There are two restaurants, one buffet and one with a limited menu. I am a fussy eater and was worried that i would not find anything to eat. I ate well every night. There is a wide choice so if you are picky like me, you will find something.
I would disagree that leftovers are provided night after night. The food is fresh.
There are a couple of bars at the hotel, i personally preferred the bar close to reception over the pool bar but only for its location and comfortable seating.
Cocktails can be a little hit and miss, some loaded with alcohol, others with hardily any alcohol. I found the best cocktails to be from the lobby bar.
There is limited entertainment available in the evening, fine for us, but if you bore easily then this hotel probably isn’t suitable.
Its located just outside of Kardenmena. Its €10 each way in a taxi into the town. Kardenmena was a bit disappointing, rundown and deserted. I think the earthquake and the events of the past few years have really had an impact on the island.
Overall, if you want a week away to relax and unwind this is the hotel to choose.
I would not hesitate to book the hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Helona Resort is a beautiful establishment with an impressive architecture. Small buildings scattered in beautiful gardens, elegant domes, cobbled alleys and natural materials such as stone, wood and marble, allow the entire complex to blend harmoniously with the surrounding, peaceful landscape. Large windows and openings offer a fantastic view to the sunny Aegean Sea and lighten up all interior spaces. Twenty-one infinity pools enable water to flow from one to the other, inviting guests to dive into summer happiness. The resort sits on a gentle hill that overlooks the beautiful Helona beach, on the southern coast of Kos island, at a peaceful area called Gourniatis, only 11 km from Kos international airport (KGS) and 4 km off the lively village Kardamena. Kos town is about 35 km away.Helona Resort has a delightful collection of spacious guest rooms, cosy family rooms, luxurious suites and private villas. Many of the rooms enjoy the extra privilege of a shared swimming pool in front of their terrace whilst others have lovely gardens spreading in front of them. Each one of the suites and villas has its own private pool. The resort has two restaurants, three bars, a spa and a conference center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Helona Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helona Resort (Aka Doubletree By Hilton Resort Kos-Helona) Hotel Kardamena
- Helona Hotel Kardamena
- Helona Resort Kos/Kardamena, Greece