We were a couple traveling with a fifteen year old son. Upon arrival we were told that we would have to spend the first two days of our holiday at the 5 star plus Blue Domes Hotel within walking distance next door as our room wasn't ready. We pulled our faces at this, but we were assured by reception staff that this was a good thing to happen as this was a considerable upgrade. Not only that, we were generously allowed to use all the facilities at the Blue Domes for free for the rest of our holiday. The Blue Domes is worlds apart form Norida Beach in every sense so we made the most of it and spent every minute of our holiday at Blue Domes except sleeping and getting ready. Because of that, this review will be based just on the accommodation side of things at Norida Beach.
Firstly, all the Mitzi Hotels are built on a very steep slope so there are steps and steep slopes absolutely everywhere so if you have mobility issues, this hotel will not be for you.
There are several different variations of rooms at the Norida Beach. When we transferred back to the Norida Beach, we were originally placed in a twin room within the hotels main complex. Handy for everything, but the room was tiny and smelled very musty. My teenage son was too tall and large for the twin bed and due to the bad layout of the tiny child's room we couldn't push the two twin beds together. We made our comments known to reception and we were soon moved into a family room which was kind of a semi detached bungalow in the 300 block. This was a decent walk away from everything up a huge slope, but worth it as this was much larger and more suitable for a large 6ft 2 teenager. Cleaner and newer and quieter as there was no noise coming from other rooms above and below.
The room was cleaned thoroughly every day with clean bed linen and towels and mini bar (free) stocked up everyday.
I have to say the reception staff at Norida Beach were friendly and very keen to put right anything we weren't happy with.
However, having experienced both hotels, if you can stretch to paying the price of The Blue Domes, I would definately say a few more weeks of saving up is definately worth the extra cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NORIDA BEACH is a high-standard all-inclusive resort, where good service meets hospitality and original smile. It is the right choice for couples and families seeking quality accommodation in a quiet location combining sea and mountain views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotelopia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Norida Beach Kardamena
- Hotel Mitsis Norida Beach
- Norida Beach Kos
- Norida Beach Hotel Kos
- Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel Kos/Kardamena, Greece