We visited Kos for the first time during the last week of the Summer holidays. We are a family of 4 with 2 boys aged 11 and 6.
Our flights both from and back to Newcastle were both on time and were shorter than anticipated.
We arrived at the hotel about 10pm, we were swiftly checked in then waited about 15 mins to be escorted to our room by golf buggy. Our room was very spacious and very clean but the bathroom was very dated and basic. My youngest son had a camp bed which was very hard but air con was great and by the morning we realised the balcony had amazing sea view.
The mini bar was stocked with all inclusive soft drinks, water and beer every other day.
We realised our room was actually in the Summer Palace hotel so they must share rooms at busy times. Unfortunately I think the norida beach rooms looked nicer so we might have missed out there! The hotel is on a complex of 4 mitsis hotels. The Blue domes looks the best by far. The entire complex is very hilly with lots of steps.
The entertainment team and the beach really made the holiday. The beach is were it all happens! Great water sports, bar and the pizza bar is fantastic, our sons loved George, who served pizza all day everyday!!! Aqua aerobics is in the sea and then follows on to a midday game.
Beach shoes are a must due to shingle. Snorkle also a must as lots of fish. Pedeloes and canoes are free and other water sports are fab. There is a large inflatable in the sea, 10 euro per hour.
The main problem with the pools was they were salt water and very windy compared to beach. They were quietbecause of this. The pool with slides was right in the middle of the car park and quite cramped but wasn't salty so our kids preferred it!
It was windy for the majority of our holiday but it kept you cool. Unfortunately you couldn't put your plastic glass down as it blew over.
We found that for adults the food was great but the queues were massive in the main restaurant and it wasn't a nice environment to dine in. The pizza and pancakes were great for kids but very little else for picky kids. Not much for kids to eat between meal times either, some bars sometimes served hot dogs or toasties and there was always ice cream at hotel bar. My eldest son loved the smoothly 'shed'!
Wine was awful!
Staff were all great and very friendly. Rio and his entertainment team were fantastic,they had something for everyone. Shows in the amphitheater were rep based and varied. Unfortunately the chairs were really uncomfortable! There was often a singer or movie at the hotel too.
Supermarket over the road, go karting within walking distance of hotel, small water park 15 euros away in taxi.
Lovely holiday overall, would recommend, probably wouldn't go back because of the limited kids food and salt water pools.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NORIDA BEACH is a high-standard all-inclusive resort, where good service meets hospitality and original smile. It is the right choice for couples and families seeking quality accommodation in a quiet location combining sea and mountain views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Norida Beach Kardamena
- Hotel Mitsis Norida Beach
- Norida Beach Kos
- Norida Beach Hotel Kos
- Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel Kos/Kardamena, Greece