“End of Summer trip”

Lagas Aegean Village
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely clean hotel. Not impressed having to pay 2.30 euros for bottled water. After declining this at the evening meal I was frowned upon from the rest of our stay. Breakfast was not too good cold fried eggs like a rugby scrum every day for meals. Not allowed to play board games in the bar area!! In the lunchtime canteen girl on checkout raising her eyebrows because someone couldn't get their money out quick enough for her, not impressed. Grumpy staff. I could go on but I'm sure if you choose this hotel you will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my partner booked through onthebeach for a week's holiday in September.

We found the resort absolutely lovely, the rooms were cleaned daily, the pool was spacious and good fun, there were plenty of sunbeds for us to relax, and with just a short walk into Kardemena we couldn't go wrong.

However, we found the reception staff to be very rude and argumentative. We went for advice on transfers which we were unsure of and got our heads bitten off, I also witness the girls be like this with other paying customers too.

We wanted to go down to paradise beach which is about a 30 minute drive (well worth a visit as the beach is so much nicer than the one at the front of the hotel and there are lots more water sports). This cost us €45 for the day but it was well worth it. We hired from the hotel and could park on the resort so this was very handy too. We drove up to Zia which was the loveliest little village, and there is also an excursion you can do which is called "sunset in Zia" we didn't do this, but it would be beautiful so you definitely should go!

We booked an excursion called "3 island tours" with Odyssey. I was really poorly on the boat and the staff couldn't be more friendly making sure I was okay and gave me water. The actual tour was so much fun (despite being ill) and the places we saw were amazing. You even got a BBQ on board too! It's well worth it and cost €25 each.

We had half board when we stayed, which was fine but I found the food very greasy and I got an awfully upset stomach so if you're sensetive to these things then just be prepared!

Overall, we had a good time at the resort and would definitely go back. I do recommend going,

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

This is our first holiday as a family, as we took our 17 month old daughter. The staff have been incredibly helpful and understanding of our toddler. Nothing has been too much trouble for the staff here, with star performances from Spiros and Panos who really went out of their way to make sure we were happy. The views are beautiful, the beaches wonderful to relax on, and the pools are superb. I thoroughly recommend this hotel. The only point to work on in my opinion is the coffee, which is weak. The food, however, was delicious and the dining was clean and efficiently managed. Visit Lagas Aegean Village; you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Me and the wife booked a last minute trip to Lagas Aegean Village . When we got there wow what a lovely place ! Food was excellent and the rooms were cleaned daily with clean towels and bedding every day.
Everywhere was clean and beautiful with only a cross over the road to the beach .
It's not like your normal hotel where it's a big multi-storey building , the rooms were like little apartments and you didn't feel on top of each other .
Little niggles, men have to wear trousers for dinner which really blew me away as I wouldn't wear trousers at 30 degrees at home . This rule is stupid as the women could wear whatever they wanted even right up the buttocks shorts . Which is ok but when I'm sat there in trousers boiling you ask yourself why ?
Also being a Brit the first thing I wanted when I woke up was a brew , no kettles in the room !!! You had to go for breakfast to get one which I personally thought was a bit wierd.
All in all I enjoyed it for a chilling one week holiday as it is a beautiful place . If your going for two weeks I would hire a car / quad / scooter whichever takes your fancy as there is not a lot to do , but that suited me and the wife as we just wanted to chill.
If you go into kardamena it's an ok little place but you get hassle off the bars trying to drag you in which I don't like personally and I know they only trying to do their jobs .
All in all it was great and would go back again but would only go there for a chill out holiday like we did this time . Oh and if you've never been to Kos before the airport isn't brilliant.
Hope this helps been as honest as I could and happy travels.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We've had a brilliant time, hotel staff are all very helpful and friendly. Great atmosphere and only over the road to the beach. Plenty of activities going on throughout the day lead by the animation team which are also a friendly group! Every night by the pool bar there's different entertainment on, we sat there almost every night. The bar offers table service which is very sophisticated! The food is great, buffet style and lots of choices, they definitely cater for everyone!
We hope to return and we would highly recommend it!