US$155
US$228
Cancelon
  • Pool
1,643 results
All reviewsmain poolsunshine songfree busanimation teamchinese sectionanimation poolpizzaair contv remotequieter poolfire showshaped poolgreat holidaychinese foodevening entertainmentice creamplenty of choice
Reviewed 6 June 2016

Got there 1am May 29th and left at 8:30pm June 4th.
On arriving we were sent to the restaurant for a bite to eat and then told a buggy would take us to our room which seemed around a mile away and we wondered where we had ended up. I did a walk in the morning and it wasn't that far, Google Earth tells me 335 yards :)
The room was identical to virtually every hotel resort I've been to and clean. The mattress was rock hard and I had sleepless nights but this is always a problem for me so I don't mark down for it, on the other hand my wife loved the mattress.
Here's the horrible bit - when you wipe your bum and other bits you have to put the loo paper in a bin beside the toilet and some areas of the complex do smell of sewerage because people haven't, the drains can't cope with paper.
The hotel is in 3 sections, the main bit where reception and the restaurant is with bigger pool, the noisy pool where all the entertainment happens and the 3rd pool where we spent the week in moderate silence.
On the first morning (Sunday) we got back to the pool and only 4 towels were on beds at 11am - unbelievable and it was virtually like this all week but only a bit busier in the other 2 pools. We also decided to spend our evenings by the 3rd pool where the bar wasn't as noisy and we got generous measures. DO NOT HAVE AN AMERICANO, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. One really bad point around the 3rd pool/bar is the music. It's as though they only have Now That's What I Call Music 30 with Tears for Fears & Wham etc and they play this constantly all day on loop and many people were commenting on it :( THIS NEEDS SORTING.
I can't comment on the Automation team and entertainment because I stay a long way from it if possible but I did enjoy several 5 a side games even at the ripe old age of 58.
Food: let's just say you won't go hungry and there is loads to choose from. There is also a dedicated Italian & Chinese section using real Chinese staff for authenticity. At dinnertime for Northerners or Lunchtime for Southerners you can order stuff like burgers, hot dogs, pizza, chips etc at the two other pools up until 6pm (I think).
I went down to the beach a couple of times for a quick dip in the sea but I personally didn't like how hard it was for me to get in and out because of all the big rocks and when getting out all the small rocks. I suffer with arthritis & diabetes so have got to be careful not to cut my feet. This was even difficult with thick sandals on but I do understand it's my problem but there were 8 of us and they all hated it. There is a water facility for cleaning your feet but the problem is you then have to stand on the beach again to get to the hotel entrance, they really need a water facilty at the entrance.I found myself dragging my feet across the grass and then found a water sprinkler that was there for the grass.
There is a free hotel bus down to Kardamena (4.3km away) but a taxi for four only costs 9 euros and we did go down a couple of times to watch F1 and England. There is a coach which goes to Kos (32 km away) every day for 9 euros return but it took 90 minutes to get there because of all the faffing about picking people up from different hotels. I think the local bus is 3.80 euros and probably gets there quicker. Our driver also had two mobile phones on the go all through the journey and nearly rammed a car.
I normally do a couple of sight seeing trips but didn't bother this time because we really enjoyed ourselves round the quiet 3rd pool.
This is worth mentioning but on Saturday evening we arrived at the airport at around 9pm and ended up in a queue outside the airport that took us at least 45 minutes to get to the door where we were told to get in our check-in queues. When I got to the door I looked back and the queue was at least twice as long but I was told this only happened on Saturdays. Once through to the departure lounge there were no visual boards to show departures and you had to concentrate very hard on the very poor announcements over the speakers.
There is one major complaint and not excusable, the WiFi is not free which is pathetic.
All in all I really enjoyed this holiday and the staff were excellent.

Just one thing if anybody who can help me. By the third pool is a structure that looks like some kind of climbing frame but has been unused for a couple of years. Does anybody know exactly what it was? Maybe your kids had a go on it.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank aardvark5
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for the last week of May and don't have a bad thing to say about it.

We travelled in a party of 8 with a child and 7 adults. Upon arrival, we had been allocated rooms apart from each other, but the hotel sorted us out within an hour and we were placed in rooms next to each other which was great!

The food was very good indeed, with plenty of choice for even the fussiest eaters! They had soup, bread, a Chinese area, sushi, a grill, an Italian area, salads and a more traditional area serving things like lasagne, mussaka etc. There was plenty of choice for children as well (my daughter is 4 and always found something to eat). The pizza was amazing - definitely worth a try!

The rooms were fairly spacious (the kind of space you need with a child). The bathrooms had a bath and a shower, although we lost water pressure a little when it was peak times, but this is to be expected when there is a lot of demand on the system. The rooms were cleaned to a very good standard every day.

The pools were lovely (although cold!!!) We spent most of our time around the kids pool with the slides. The depth of the slide pool is 40cm and the one next to it is 60cm, so they are ideal for children. There is also a deeper pool (varies in depth between 1.35 and 1.5 mtrs) for adults and this is where the aqua aerobics is done.

The animation team were fantastic! Always friendly and put together some really good shows, which was tough as there weren't many people there when we visited. The mini club was good for kids as well and my daughter enjoyed having her face painted.

All of the bar and restaurant staff were brilliant. The bar staff even memorised our orders, so as we approached the bar, they'd start making them for us.

We went all inclusive and I was impressed that there was a cocktail list included. Ice cream was self service and available throughout the day in the pool area, along with pizza, chicken nuggets and sandwiches (more choice was available in the main restaurant).

We were told the transfer to the airport was 45 minutes, but in reality it only took about 15 as we didn't make any other stops on the way apart from the Akti Palace which is next door.

A trip into Kardamena is free on the hotel's shuttle bus and takes about 15 minutes. The buses run fairly regularly, although I think there is a break in the middle of the day. The bus timetable is available at reception so helps you to plan your day. Just remember the bus drops off and picks up on the same side of the road, not the opposite to come back!

A trip to Kos town will cost €9 per adult and that picks up at 10.30 at the hotel and leaves Kos Town at 3.30. The journey is approximately 45 minutes.

Before I went to Kos, a lot of people were talking about the refugees. The only thing we saw was in Kos Town we saw 2 people (an old man and a child) begging and there were fences up at the port near the police station to keep people out.

The only other thing to remember is to take insect repellent. I never get bitten usually, but came back with 2 bites on my legs so just be aware and take precautions!

Overall, I would definitely go back to the hotel in the future, as would the rest of the people we travelled with.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Laws2008
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

We checked in for the May school half term holiday so was prepared for a busy time.
This was just a week with our sons aged 17 & 11yrs.
Upon check in we was greeted with usual bands and information although we wasn't able to sort the safe as the receptionist said to busy! Even though there was only 4 family's checking in.
We had assistance from the luggage trolley who quickly dropped us off at our room (857) this is block near the activity pool.

Maybe 3minute walk back to reception and restaurant.
The room we had booked was a superior family room and this had separate door with double bed and twin beds for boys.
1 bathroom. Balcony.
All seemed clean and tidy. The bath had some cracks and wasn't great but we wasn't here for baths and we put that to rest.
The hotel layout has several pools we visited them all over the week with the activity pool this is all day activities and general fun and games.
We was surprised the hotel with it being half term break wasn't more busy maybe it was only 70% filled occupancy.
We was able to get sun-loungers(4) throughout the whole week without having to get up at crazy times to reserve. It seems the hotel is definitely anti reserve beds! There is notices around the pools saying no reserve beds.
We hired bikes from local Nikos company turn left outside hotel and 5 mins walk.
Such great bikes and only 8 euros per bike all day.
So good we went back and hired another day.
Great seafront and flat to ride. Not to much traffic either so all good.
The hotel is really in middle of nowhere so as long as your prepared to get out either taxi or by the hotel courtesy bus the (bus times on reception )we didn't use but from hiring the bikes was able to see where it drops you and collects you in kardamena resort centre.
Yes you can walk maybe 45 minutes along seafront or get the bus/taxi.
Shops in kardamena are usual gift shops and clothes shops etc. So many bars and restaurants and tavernas. We dined and drank in 2 see my reviews on these.
We had a day at the water park as my son had his 12 Th. birthday whilst at the hotel
Water park has about 8 slides all very clean and modern. Water park is about 1 year old so everything good. Cafe inside is very good prices large pizza 8 euros and hot dogs and drinks etc. You can hire lockers 2 euros. Very helpful staff even called a taxi to take us back this was 15 euros each way

The hotel of the evening had noticed we was celebrating a birthday and had made a cake and the staff came and sang happy birthday.
Such a Lovely thought and gesture.
Overall we had good time yes a few niggles here and here but not enough to spoil a holiday.
We have stayed in 5* and this hotel is rated a 4*.
Personally I think more 3*+ but overall was good week
Lastly the entertainment staff work very hard all day and very late of the evening we was walking to them 1 night and they had just finished the show 10pm and then they had to practice future shows till God knows what time but very late they said.
The shows they put on were watchable and
Passed an hour of an evening. Not exactly wildly exciting and only on 2 night they had outside entertainment on which was just dancing around the stage.
Some of the bar staff and waiters seemed to be quite grumpy especially with us English they really do need to look Into this as it our holiday and can come across quite rude to us.
Maybe it because they not use to polite English who say thank you when they collect plates!!!
My husband got a telling off for getting drinks at pool bar as his flip flops were making floor wet. The lady was mopping round his feet while he queued for a drink. Crazy!!!
The hotel needs to get more staff it seems the same members all the time maybe that's why they grumpy.
The room maids seem to be very happy and the toilet attendant so maybe switch the staff !!!!!!!
Any questions please ask. But enjoy your stay if you have booked ❤️

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank shellyT09
Reviewed 3 June 2016

Well its that time of year and I have just returned after 3 weeks at my favourite hotel in Kardamena The hotel has changed more accommodation near where the old quiet ool used to be but has now changed to where the music and animation team work. As usual everything was 1st class all the people in the hotel are very friendly especially Sofia in the main bar A new girl called Natasha is great as well Ashleigh is back again and iis just as exciting as always with the rest of the animation team the restaurant is still very welcoming and the food is great and now opens for dinner till 10pm Iraklis is the manager and is very friendly and makes everyone feel comfortable with his staff including Krystina I will be going back in September for another 3 weeks and cant wait

Room Tip: there is a free bus that goes to Kardamena numerous times every day
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo