Akti Beach Club Hotel
US$119
US$64
US$65
US$63
Cleopatra Superior Hotel(Kardamena)(Great Value!)
US$105
  • Breakfast included
Origin Hotel Apartments(Kardamena)(Great Value!)
US$74
Olympia Mare(Kardamena)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
1,492 results
All reviewsfree busmain poolsunshine songchinese sectionanimation teamanimation poolpizzaair contv remotequieter poolfire showgreat holidaychinese foodplenty of choiceice creamevening entertainmenteuro deposit
Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

First I'm going to start with a couple of niggles.

I don't know about the other rooms but certainly the ones in the main hotel needed an upgrade on air con. As far as I'm aware these are the double rooms with the single bed. This is because the air con is loud and not very powerful compared to more modern air con. In aware this is expensive but a little upgrade in air con can go a long way, especially considering how hot the room got. We had to sleep with the balcony door open most nights.

Secondly the showers need upgrading. Nothing particularly wrong with them just the pressure is a bit off.

Thirdly WiFi, an all inclusive hotel should have free wifi. End of. The wifi was good, though I don't think the hotels 1 minute was The same as an actual minute!

Lastly I think it's a bit ridiculous that we have to book curtesy rooms. Which was never mentioned to us. They should be freely available, especially as our pick up was 12 hours after check out. As an all inclusive hotel they should either convert them into shower rooms or cut down the time we have in them, I wasn't best pleased.

The only real complaint I will make is the Tuesday Night show. Now obviously I'm aware different nationalities have different humours but in no way is it okay for men 'to play women like Instruments' I found it offensive and inappropriate and now a days kids are so influenced by what they see and I really hope none of them think that is the way to treat women. You can avoid it, it's the show on Tuesday night. I'm not easily offended but that was just appalling.

Food: food was really good. I'm one of the fussiest eaters ever (The only meat I eat is chicken and I don't have cream or nuts at all either) and I ALWAYS found something. Very good standard of food too. I will attach some pictures. Breakfast and lunch were basically the same every day with a couple of changes, dinner changed every day. My boyfriend loved all the various meats, he loved he omelettes in the morning too. The hotel offer early breakfasts and packed lunches if you let them know the previous day. You basically couldn't go hungry, especially with 4 snack bars (one at each of the pools and one by the beach).

Drink: I'm a cocktail and vodka drinker and thought the drinks were lovely, I often ordered two at a time as I drank them so quickly. Bars are open till 12am, you can take drinks up to your room. Beer is fine, especially for an all inclusive hotel beer. Wine is good, you can get both beer and wine at lunch and dinner. I would suggest leaving the coffee machine on for both these meals too as a coffee after a meal is good. Alcohol is good, measures are generous.

Staff: the staff were absolutely lovely. I had something from my room get mixed up in the washing and the reception staff and maids found it straight away (thank you again). The wait staff are lovely too and always have a smile on their face, please be sure to say thank you when they clear your table, honestly it means a lot. A shout out to Maria and Sofia on the main pool bar. Had many conversations with Maria, she's such a lovely girl and speaks so many languages...so be sure to get to know her! Sofia always remembered our order and always has a big smile on her face! It was our 2nd anniversary whilst we were here and reception bought us up a bottle of wine and fruit basket. I also noticed that those who had their birthdays whilst here were given a homemade cake and even got happy birthday sang to them! Cannot fault the staff at all.

Animation team: being a couple in our twenties we didn't have much to do with the animation team. We saw a lot of the shows though, the Michael Jackson show is a must see! Richard is a phenomenal dancer! There are two/three other girls there who are too! The shows were always of good-great standard (apart from Tuesday which I previously mentioned). They are all of different nationalities and the kids seem to love them! But I think the shows are on a two week cycle with some external shows which were very high standard too.

Grounds: there are three pools - kids, kalimera and the main pool. All with bars and snacks. The beach bar and kalimera pool have hot snacks. I think both could do with having a chicken option but the food was lovely none the less. Sun loungers are free on the beach, as are pedloes and canoes. I read a few reviews saying it takes 'ages' getting from one place to another. That's untrue - a walk from the furthest point in the hotel to the beach takes less than 5 minutes. There is a shop on site too, they have good prices and are very friendly. Min. Card spend is €10. Grounds are always clean.

I would 100% recommend this hotel!
It was certainly perfect for us as a young couple, there were plenty of families and older couples here too.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lucie S
Reviewed 13 June 2016

Where to begin!
It was my first time abroad and me and my girlfriend absolutely loved it! As soon as we entered the complex we were made to feel welcome however our room wasn't quite ready but was invited to go straight for lunch while we waited. Rooms are spacious and clean, bathroom was the highlight of the room for us. The main pool was spacious and surrounded by plenty of sun loungers for the time of the season however at peak season you might struggle for one around this pool but there are two others to choose from.
If looking to go on some of the awesome excursions the Island has to offer look at booking them in Kardamena instead of through your reps... Same trips, cheaper prices = better value for money!! We recommend 'Sail Away Tours'
The staff at the hotel overall were fantastic and couldn't help us enough by the end of our first week the bar lady knew our order :)
The Animation team at the hotel were some of the best people I have met and the manager Rosario deserves the highest praise of all! Game show night is by far the best night of all, don't be afraid join in and have a laugh. definitely one not to be missed. on our final night we won the couples game show with some great games and made some funny memories. Thank you for making our two weeks and this wonderful resort fun filled and enjoyable!

Room Tip: Longer Stay better location of room
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cooljake93
Reviewed 11 June 2016

Just returned from half term week in Akti Beach Club.
Travelled as family of 5 with children aged 9, 12 and 13. Arrived at 4am and provided with water and sandwiches at reception. Staff very helpful and assisted us with luggage to our room. Apartment was 1st floor with balcony overlooking activity pool which was perfect for us and kids. Room was cleaned every day with fresh laundry and towels. Air conditioning worked well. Remote provided free of charge but only 1 English channel available but TV in both rooms. We were amazed that even though it was half term, we never once had to get up early to secure sun loungers by the pool... this is a first for us. The animation team were absolutely amazing. They worked so so hard from day to night, providing entertainment around the pool and then shows in the night. You will be singing the "Sunshine for you" song for weeks after your holiday lol. The Michael Jackson tribute show is also worth a mention. They worked so hard practising for this and we saw it on our last night. Rich the choreographer did an amazing job with the team. There is kids club there but our children did not want to attend. The food was amazing. The restaurants were never too busy and waiting staff always happy and chatty. Different food every night with separate chinese and italian areas. The pizza and pastas were delicious. The snack bar by our pool made freshly made pizzas and chicken nuggets throughout the day until 6pm, the 3rd pool made kebabs, burgers, chips etc on request which my kids thought were fantastic. We did not have any snacks from the main restaurant so cannot comment on those. The whole complex was far more picturesque than stock photos show. The beach was lovely, the kids went snorkelling with the fish in shallow waters, the pedaloes and canoes are also free, provided by hotel. There is also a playground on site for younger children. The ampitheatre is the main place for entertainment in the evenings, providing a show every night, mainly by animation team but occasionally has outside shows. There are 3 bars open in the evening. Each next to the 3 pools. Bar staff were lovely. Lots of drinks included in the all-inclusive including a variety of cocktails. All-inclusive ends at midnight, I think they stay open until 1am but payable after 12 am. Hot drinks are available 24 hours a day from reception and you can also get hot and cold snacks all night from the main restaurant. A special mention to the lady who made us pancakes every night between 11pm to 12 am... absolutely delicious. There is a free shuttle bus into Kardemena at regular times throughout the day and night. Kardamena marina and town is worth a visit. All in all a thoroughly enjoyable holiday. Stunning weather, fantastic food and brilliant staff.
I must mention some downsides though. Firstly the beds which were very uncomfortable and caused me several sleepless nights and secondly the mosquitos... take good insect repellant as my daughter had 22 bites on her legs within the first few days which made her miserable. Would definitely go back again though. Thirdly, there is no free wifi so have to pay in hourly bundles. The most expensive was 20 euros for 8 hours.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank welshswan71
Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

Hi all!!!
I jus feel i should also leave a feedback for this hotel & staff working there.
I stayed for a week between 24.5 - 1.6.2016 and all went smooth with no problems what so ever.From late night arrival until later PM leaving all good and exactly what i was looking for to escape from reality and have some rest.
Where to start:
Location: in a quiet area from Kardamena but i wasnt looking for busy location anyway
Rooms very clean and cleaned on daily basis with i think all you can expect from 4* gad a room for myself (solo) so plenty of space but on my last day i requested a room to shower as check-out @1200 and family room i went into was mahusive :)
Food:i dont think you can complain if so i would like to see you cooking and comparing to my previous holidays i guess Mexico was better but comparing different accommodation so...
Staff:receptionist very good,managers very polite as all staff,cook house no problems working hard and chefs are doing a brilliant job.Not sure about entertainment guys as i spent my time on the beach all days long with Kevin - the sports guy and Niko - the tennis instructor who was kindly helping out in his free time and they are very helpful and always willing to give pedalos and canoes which come free of charge just ask
Trips: I did Kos town as i wanted to go and visit ruins of roman castle or still castle if i can say so its just a shame that greeks are not doing a better job to restore things and it would be totally utterly awesome place to spend a good couple of hours there at least.
Immigrants : dont be scared non there as there is no camp on Kos and they all go to Lesbos.I walked through all Kos town and there were no dodgy streets or people at all!!!...
After all i would say its more for families with kids but also for people who would like some rest and value for there money.I paid fairly good price and cannot complain.
I hope you like my review and if something please dont contact me haha...joking only

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
6  Thank Rado81
Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

Just come back from this fabulous hotel we spent 14 days the food was excellent the rooms were spacious the staff were hard working and friendly especially the animation team who work from morning till night to make sure your holiday is fun all the way especially Chantelle who my grandchildren had so much fun with we will defiantly be going back

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family