US$126
US$154
US$135
Nissia Kamares Hotel Apartments(Kardamena)(Great Value!)
US$71
Helona Resort(Kardamena)
US$265
  • Pool
1,262 results
All reviewswater parkbeach barbunk bedsgreek restaurantsalt waterevening entertainmentmain restaurantanimation teamsplash worldfamily roomflight pathmeat mezegreat holidayfamily holidayice creamporto bellowater sports
Reviewed 6 September 2017

we stayed here for 5 days from 29.8.17 and booked 2 rooms. On arrival the porter took our luggage to the rooms and check in was fast and efficient. The rooms are spotless with loveley views to the sea.Food in the buffet restaurant is very good with 3 other restaurants to choose from. Lots of activities for our 2 teenage boys to do including table tennis, tennis , water polo , water park is next door and included . The hotel has its own section of beach with its own sun beds. Overall a great hotel for a holiday. Only 1 small point is it is in the flight path so if you want quiet best go elsewhere. Evening entertainment was not great .Watch out for bugs biting you in the evening. Better where trousers and shirt. Staff very friendly.

Room Tip: do not have any room over a walkthrough as it ends up bieng a windtunnell
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Malcolm B
AtlanticaPortoBello, Public Relations Manager at Atlantica Porto Bello Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Atlantica Porto Bello Beach and for taking the time to provide us with positive feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you passed an enjoyed holiday noting that you were pleased with the view from your room, friendly customer service and the quality of food.

I do hope you will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for a weeks family holiday and loved it. It's the ideal place for a family holiday as the pool is great, the beach and sea are lovely and the attached water park is so much fun. The food was really good, especially the salads and puddings. The kids loved the pancakes in the mornings. Usually in all inclusive the drinks selection aren't that good but this hotel had a really good selection of cocktails which we enjoyed most days. We will go back here again for a family holiday as everyone loved it. Some people have complained about the 2 sittings for dinner (a tip arrive for dinner at 7:20ish and you get the run of the place when the doors are shut between sittings) and the short walk to the water park (it's right next to the tennis courts so max 5 minute walk), don't let this out you off as this is a great place to stay.

3  Thank Richard C
AtlanticaPortoBello, Public Relations Manager at Atlantica Porto Bello Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel.
We do take pride in catering to our guests’ needs the best way we can. If you’re traveling to our area gain soon, don’t hesitate to call us.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Let me just start by saying that this was far from a bad holiday but there are aspects that let this down.

First issue - 9 of the 11 days the room keys did not work. 8 visits to reception who showed little interest after the 2nd visit and no -"was your stay ok?" when you left. Along with questioining why we'd left the other keys in the room when we'd already visited 4 times saying they didn't work.

Food - average at best and certainly not 4* quality. 5 of the 6 family members 3 on site and 2 on the plane home suffered from a sickness bug. The 2 Thompson reps to be fair couldnt do enough for us. I know for a fact another family who indeed saw the manager complaining of a sickness due to food were told by the manager that it was likely to be the sun and too much alcohol!!

Staff - mixed - onsite Thompson reps did all they could to help where possible. Jiji the entertainment guy excellent. Bar staff in the main bar excellent. Bar staff by the pool - not great but friendliesh. Beach bar - very nice. Reception staff - awful. Failed to notify customers that the bus stop had moved and as there was only 1 an hour. Came back after an hour and there was a young family within 5 feet of reception waiting for the bus in the wrong place. It was left to me to tell them! I asked reception why they hadnt put a board up to notify - replied oh yes we'll take that on board. Hope they have!! Cleaners - cant fault

Evening entertainment - laughable. Although the boiling of a tourist on African night in a cauldron was weird and the dancing and comic sketch about as PC as Carry on up the Kyber.

Overall - pretty average. Could be so much better

3  Thank John C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

We travelled here August 16th-30th 2 adults and 2 children aged 10 and 8. We arrived late at night and sandwiches and water were left for us in the room which was nice thought.

Positives-
* Pool- fab, don't worry about salt water didn't notice any different after first day
* Water park- fab as free inclusion of hotel, not sure I would pay to go in as really only occupies kids for couple of hours a day.
* beach- lovely, always spare beds and kids loved free pedals going on every day.
* hotel- food was amazing always something on offer and the desserts were best I have ever had on all inclusive packages, rooms always clean as is rest of complex.
* surrounding area- lovely walk to Kardemena took about 30 min but lovely beach views to pass the time. Also Kos town well worth visit we took hotel bus kids were free so €14 for hubby and me and it was beautiful.

Negative -
* entertainment - needs more, we are used to holiday villages and the guest and entertainment team interaction are so much better at those. Didn't feel like there was much going on at hotel in way of getting everyone involved. Used to pool side quiz's, bingo, dance off's so to us just felt a bit flat.

That said it was only a small niggle and as the saying goes your holiday is what you make it. We had a lovely time here and would def recommend for famillies with the awkward tween ages.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Tammy S

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review the Atlantica Porto Bello Beach on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you had such a wonderful and memorable stay. It is absolutely our pleasure to look after all the wonderful guests like yourselves and very important to us to receive such lovely comments.

I truly look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Firstly I don't do reviews of hotels generally but as I'm sat here on my last day next to the pool I thought I would.
In essence the hotel is very nice, the food is excellent (especially the banoffee pie) and the staff really do work tirelessly to make sure the place is clean and tidy. They are also extremely polite and helpful and you couldn't ask for more.

The hotel is a right mix of nationalities, quite a few brits, Italians, Germans and French. It was good to hear the different languages around the pool and bar and all mixed well especially when a game of water polo in full flight!

The entertainment is acceptable of a night but to be honest not much better than that. The drinks are reasonable enough all local brands, but what more do you expect. I would advise you try the ice cream
Milkshakes from the beach bar as they are really nice.

The water park is very good but if like me you're much bigger than your kid there are two rides you won't be able to get on, in essence for the two best slides there, you need to be a max weight difference of 30kg!! Strange as I've been to plenty of water parks where this is not the case on the exact same rides, but there you go!

The pool area is nice, pool is salt water but to be fair not too salty, the bar is nice and they water polo in the afternoon. All I will say is that this turns into quite a competitive game and you don't want to be sat behind the goal!!

You have get up early to get a bed, that said the pool attendant is on the prowl and moves your towels if you're not at your bed in the early morning. I'm undecided if this is a good thing or not, whilst yes it probably frees up a few beds for us late risers, I think it's a part of going away, there are still beds around at 9:30 so you don't have to be very early to still get a bed and to be honest I wouldn't want someone interfering with my personal belongings.

Pool towels are provided for a deposit of €10 per towel.

The internet is free in reception, and if lucky you can get it by the pool, it's slow but does the job.

The local town is nice, a few bars and a lovely little place called the Garden Bar (I think) it's just past the town square, you'll recognise it as soon as you see it. The drinks are great and people very friendly.
You can get the bus once an hour into the town from outside the hotel for €1.80.

So I suppose the question is would I recommend it to a friend, yes I would. It's a nice hotel and the staff are lovely.

Would I come again. No, I'm afraid there are too many better and different places to go in the world.

3  Thank theboyyatesy

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback of your recent stay at the Atlantica Porto Bello Beach.

I will be sure to pass on your compliments to all of my team here for making your stay so enjoyable. We take pride in our service and attention to detail and I am thrilled you found our service to be of high standards.

Thank you for your warm recommendation of our hotel. If you change your mind, we all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.