Firstly please be aware that this is a hotel were mainly Germans stay and they have not grasped the concept of queuing yet . As this could potentially cause arguments, you have to pay a deposit for your towels and pay for Wifi.
I booked 9 nights here, but would have settled for the 7, was sold this as a 4 star, but as we were allocated an apartment, the Room was dated and a bit tired, we did not have air con, only a fan, and for me this made it uncomfortable sometimes through the night and when the cleaners left the curtains open during the day. Food was OK but not the standard of a 4 star, just a 3. On many occasions i had to ask for the table to be laid, i don't think they actually take much notice of the fact that they need to keep there eye on the ball as there are many guests left wandering around looking for tables to eat at. Yet the maître was quick to tell me I couldn't take my drink outside, when the only 2 other English people that were in the hotel were seated outside and ask us to join them, as he had already made an issue about it, I couldn't be bothered to explain, so stayed inside for the latter part of my meal. The younger bar staff inside are very pleasant but I was made to feel uncomfortable when i had queued up for a drink and was next to be served, but Juan deliberately ask the German man (who was after me in the queue) what would you like Pieter, to which Pieter said this lady was 1st", I then turned around to Pieter and said Thank You very much, that is very kind of you. But this really put me off, and I would never go to the bar when Juan was serving again, as he either has a problem with women or the English? I had another experience too with the outside bar, I was at the front of the queue had ordered my drink, and a German came up to the bar to the left of me, slapped his empties on the table and ordered another drink, there were other people in the queue too, so I was a bit taken back by this. The barman took his empties and i thought here we go again, but to my surprise he actually served me my drink first, then him, but he did push in. Having worked in a bar myself before, a Good Barman/Woman, would always know who was at the bar first, so there is no excuses for bar staff to serve queue jumpers. As I find this type of behaviour very rude. The cleaners were very pleasant, smiley and sincere people, if this was adopted throughout the hotel it would feel a lot more welcoming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A resort offering rooms and apartments. Situated right at the long white beach of Jandia, just separated by the natural protected area of the "Salar de Jandia" and close to the little harbour town of Morro Jable. Discover the beaches of Fuerteventura, the sea and the natural environment staying in Sunrise Jandia Resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your SBH Jandia Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Jandia Hotel Playa De Jandia
- Sunrise Jandia Resort
- Hotel Sunrise Jandia
- SBH Jandia Resort Fuerteventura/Playa De Jandia