Had a wonderful 10 night stay here in April, weather mostly great, not too windy. Food is good - huge choice and varied. Staff are stand out brilliant. From the chambermaids to the reception, friendly and helpful. Yasmin was especially wonderful, sorting out a minor issue with the shower immediately, and when my husband needed hospital treatment checked up on us afterwards and just generally kind, helpful and proactive. Ray was also fun with the kids in the organised sports and of course the evening entertainment, which, whilst not to our taste necessarily was presented with serious enthusiasm, the Magic show was good!! The entertainment staff work SO hard as do a variety of duties through out the day as well as the evening. You can wonder to the Park hotel opposite if yo like but to be honest this one is nicer and the food better in our view. Great walks along the beach to the lighthouse. Rooms are spacious enough and beds surprisingly comfortable . We were on the 8th floor with a side sea view which was fantastic. There are some rooms which look directly out to sea on lower floors i think 2, which were probably also great.
It is a very German hotel, i do not have an issue with that at all other than i don't speak German!Very friendly on the whole!
I would recommend this hotel. The ONLY down side being an issue with the whole of the south of the island - if you are unlucky enough to need a hospital there dis only one and it is in the north near the airport 120kms away - not a hotel issue clearly!
We all had a great time and would like to thanks the staff, all of them!
One criticism, they could include Wifi for free instead of charging, feels mean in this day and age when everyone wants/needs it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas hotel is located on the seafront at Jandia, one of the most beautiful beaches on the island of Fuerteventura spanning 25 kilometres. It's the ideal hotel for couples and families with children because of the range of services and facilities on offer. It features 355 rooms and suites with multiple capacities. The Star Prestige rooms are of special note, allowing guests aged 16 and over to access exclusive services, including a VIP zone with a pool and Jacuzzi, open bar, reading room and direct beach access. With the aim of helping guests make the most of their holiday, the IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas hotel offers a wide range of activities and services including a SPA Sensations with incredible treatments for body and mind, free Wi-Fi, all inclusive, two pools, Miniclub, Maxiclub, children's pool and park, fitness room, daytime and night-time entertainment, a bowling alley, babysitting services ($), tennis court, as well as two restaurants and five bars. A little bit of everything for everyone at the Playa Gaviotas hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Hotels.com so you can book your Iberostar Playa Gaviotas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Gaviotas Hotel Playa De Jandia
- Iberostar Playa De Jandia
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Gaviotas
- Iberostar Playa Gaviotas Fuerteventura/Playa De Jandia