“Delightful setting with marvelous food”

Restaurant Montmatre
Ranked #62 of 199 Restaurants in Costa Teguise
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2016

My wife and I decided to treat ourselves to French cuisine for our wedding anniversary and were pleased we chose Montmatre.. We shared a bottle of champagne, I had snails to start and my wife had French onion soup. I had the best steak ever (top of the mains menu) and my wife had butterfly prawns. We finished off with glazed cherries on ice cream, to share.
The service was at a relaxed pace and the food was the best we had during a two week stay in Lanzarote.
The owner topped the night off by asking what our tipple was. Not the usual peach schnapps here. I have a G&T, my wife had a Disaranno.
A really nice touch was a red rose to take away after we had settle out bill.
We enjoyed it so much, we returned the following week and had the same meals, other than me having frogs legs to start.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

Great food, lovely friendly service from the charming owner & his lovely Wife, they've been here years & have a very loyal, satisfied Customer base. The frog legs starter is just delicious & the liver starter can be served as a main if you ask(do it if you love liver) & the John Dory as a Main Course is to die for.....you'll love it.....

1  Thank Dave T
Reviewed 15 July 2016

A local shop keeper recommended this as providing good for and service at a reasonable price. Certainly , the tourist menu was extremely good value and provided plenty of choice. The maitre de / owner was efficient and friendly ensuring that we were pleased with the menu choices we made and he was happy to provide advice on wines.
We went a couple of times as we didn't discover it until our 2nd week away. Definitely happy to recommend it . It's position is more tucked away than the majority of restaurants near to Playa Bastian but it is only one block back and no distance to walk.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Well it took us 2 days to actually find Montmatre and we do wonder how many people just give up looking! Again, another great find thanks to Trip Advisor. The quality of the food, combined with the friendly service, really does mark this restaurant out from others. The wine list was another bonus, as lovers of French wine, we decided to treat ourselves to a delicious bottle of Margeaux. We are very mcuh looking forward to our return visit on Friday night and will hopefully leave room for some crepes suzette!

Reviewed 27 May 2016

Jean Pierre and Patricia run this friendly restaurant. They have a table d'hote and à la carte menus and these can be interchanged. They have a comprehensive wine list . The food is freshly cooked and attractively presented and is excellent value for money. A special feature is that the ladies rack are given a rose at the end of the meal. The restaurant is off the main drag, but should not be missed!

1  Thank Margaret W