“Lovely Holliday ”

Hotel Fuerteventura Playa
Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Costa Calma
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We have a great time at Costa Calma , the weather was great , the pool and the beach were good . The bar staff were amazing try their best to meet your requirements. The food was nice and plenty of variety for the time we stay . However the hotel is more like 3 stars then 4 , needs lot of improvement. The reception staff rude and hardly spoke English . Most of the days I needed to complain of the cleaning services in our room - absolutely terrible. During our 10 days stay the change our bedding ones due to my complain. Although we had a lovely holiday, but will never return back to this hotel .

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Lovely hotel, lovely staff and I couldn't ask for more.
Food was nice and my husband enjoyed himself.
Entertainment was just as you'd expect.
Maybe the only thing I would say were the beds were uncomfortable.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely time at ghis hotel but it needs some love and attention which were been addressed when we were there. Beds very hard but the room was very clean and modern. The lock to our room broke on our first night which was promptly fixed. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was very good with lots of choice, the dress code for men in long trousers was ignored, my Husband wore trousers for three nights and then gave up. Entertainment was average but the entertainment team tried there very best to encourage people to join in.The beach at the hotel NOT GOOD but a short walk way and it's fabulous. Costa Calma itself is lovely. All in all we had fantastic time and would return, stayed in lots of 4* hotels but this hotel is not 4* would give this hotel a 3* rating.

ch at the hotel NOT GOOD, but just a short walk along and it's fabulous.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

A mixed review - good points were our cleaner who was absolutely adorable although couldn't speak English we tried to have a chat every day, she was so lovely to our 2 year old twins. Also lots of lovely waiters and waitresses. Bad points - where to start? Food average, flies buzzing around a lot of it which made me feel sick. Snack bar horrific - so called burgers and sausages that I would barely pass as dog food. Pool - salt water which wasn't pleasant. Kids pool - dirty. Worst of all though one of the waiters had a real go at us about the fact our twins (who weren't even 2 by this holiday) were dropping food on the floor when they were eating and making a mess. He really shouted and made us feel awful even though we always try to control the mess they make with their food (also at the beginning of the week he was encouraging them to be a bit wild in the restaurant when we'd been correcting them, he said things like "no no they're children let them play" I can't help but feel had we given him frequent tips we wouldn't have been treated in this way however we planned to tip them on the last day as a thank you/good bye - we gave his to our lovely cleaner due to this incident). We should never have been spoken to like that and it ruined the last 2 days of the holiday as I hated going back to the restaurant and seeing him knowing he was watching their every move. Also after 2 days of being there we were told we weren't allowed to use the babies floating aid in the pool as it was against pool rules (we'd used it for 2 days without them saying anything?). Overall I wouldn't recommend this hotel - please don't waste your money!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kelly m
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Stayed here for a week at the end of May by myself. First the hotel reception was lovely very spacious with plenty of sofas, the staff were very pleasant and helped in any way they could. The room was beautiful the bathroom especially! Tv only had one or two English channels but that wasn't a problem for me. It had a mini fridge which I read on reviews previous to going that they didn't so unsure if some rooms don't. Was perfect to keep my after sun in! Unlike most hotels/restaurants I've been to the toilet paper was like extra thick and real soft so that's always a bonus.. Shower was powerful enough. I will say the towels are very rough which doesn't go well with the sunburn you are guaranteed to get and the walls must be quite thin as I could hear the guy next door snoring extremely loud every night. In the daytime I stayed around the pool where there was a huge selection of sunbeds which of most were free all day. The pool is very cold and salty so I only went in for quick dips. The animation team weren't that great in my opinion, they were mostly involved with the young children.(but that's just me comparing to my holiday last year which will always be the best holiday ever!) the beach is literally on the hotels doorstep it's quite rocky but if you walk for 5-10 mins either way it's beautiful sand. There was always a wide variety of drinks and food at every meal, I'm a real fussy eater so my meals consisted of egg and beans on toast for brekfast, pizza chips and cucumber for dinner and tea topped off with some ice cream for pudding. That was all perfect for me. The evening entertainment was awesome I'd say 3 out of the 7 nights the others it was pretty rubbish but there was free wifi throughout the hotel so I was quite happy scrolling through Facebook and face timing with family. Everywhere was very clean.. The wind tends to knock a lot of drinks over though so the floors aren't the best around the pool. All the staff were great, two exceptions for me that I thought really went out of their way and made my stay there very comfortable. The first being Cipriana the Barman, he was a genuinely lovely man and his English was great, being alone I sat on the barstools most nights so he spoke to me when he could (mostly making jokes about me always being on my phone) and whenever I finished my drink I didn't need to ask for another he was already making one which is always a bonus! The second was a waiter called Lionel he worked in the restaurant most evenings, he didn't speak great English but always tried his best to have a convosation with me which was awesome, always offered to get me drinks and had great banter, which was great for me as there really weren't many English people there so I hardly Interacted with anyone until the last two days. I spent a day at the oasis park which i would highly recommend! A lot of walking around so definitely take comfy shoes..The live shows were all amazing and very factual.. Food and drink there is expensive as to be expected I suppose. I also read on some reviews before I went that the hotel was 'in the middle of nowhere' this isn't the case at all there is a shop straight opposite the hotel with anything you need, 5 minute walk to the top of the hill there is a big market place where there is roughly 14 shops all selling everything you can imagine. It's not a lively place to stay but that's not what I was after. Overall I was very happy with my stay, thankyou to all.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
0.5 km away
SBH Crystal Beach Hotel & Suites
0.2 km away
SBH Costa Calma Beach Resort

Been to Hotel Fuerteventura Playa? Share your experiences!