Sad I just hate complaints, this is justified.
I noticed that person on our own are looked over locals definately receive priority .
I asked for tea in the garden (around 11am) no did not receive.
Locals came along TEA for all .
I asked for TAXI no TAXI waited patiently 45 mins. saw a taxi asked if it was for me quickly got told NO NO . Waited another 20mins. Taxi arrived. Upon entering the taxi the Gate man slide the door closed along with my arm they could not have cared less I went back to my room and now I have terrible pain in my right arm. NOT EVEN THE MANAGER ASKED
SORRY NOR_KHIL BAD SERVICE
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Elgin Nor-Khill ("the house of jewels")is known for its tradition and ethnic Sikkimese ambiance. It is now a luxury heritage property. The Kanchan garden affords a rich view of the hills with the Mount Kanchenjungha in the background, which inspired the Chogyal (King) of Sikkim to paint for hours. The Elgin Nor-Khill was built by the King of Sikkim in 1932 and is the oldest heritage property in Gangtok, the property has played host to numerous celebrity guests such as his holiness The Dalai Lama, Hollywood stars Sir Richard Gere, Michael Douglas and Shirley Maclaine, the US Ambassador to India His Excellency John Galbraith and many more. The lobby is resplendent in the bright folk Sikkimese art with design motifs depicting dragons and flame symbols to thankas and ornate Sikkimese furniture (bachu, chocsue) and traditional jewelry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Elgin Nor-Khill, Gangtok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elgin Nor-Khill Gangtok Hotel Gangtok
- Nor Khill Gangtok
- The Elgin Nor-Khill, Gangtok Sikkim