Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$155
Agoda.comUS$155
eDreamsUS$155
TripadvisorUS$155
Trip.com
StayForLong
All reviews heritage property football stadium welcome drink mg road delicious food special mention in house hot water rooms are spacious suite room courteous staff manager mr hilton lobby lawn view samoyed
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 December 2021

Fulfilled my long held dream of visiting Sikkim. Checked into Elgin Nor Khill and stayed there for 4 days. Its a beautiful luxury heritage hotel... in an awesome locale with a beautiful view of the mountains... the staff is extremely efficient and helpful. The manager, Mr. Vasudev is especially attentive and helpful and so is rest of the staff...food is great and an added attraction is the super cute hotel dog 'Hilton'.... all in all an absolute delight of an experience!!! Keep up the great job!! - N. Raj

Trip type: Travelled solo
ELGIN GUEST RELATIONS, General Manager at The Elgin Nor-Khill, Gangtok, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2022

Dear Madam!

We thank you for your appreciation and valuable feedback for The Elgin Nor-Khill, Gangtok and we look forward to having you stay with us again . I will share your review with my team members who would be delighted and all the more encouraged.

As The Elgin Nor-Khill was a Royal guest house built in 1932 by the King of Sikkim for his visiting dignitaries and friends, it is now a leading luxury heritage property !

Once again thank you and we do hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future .

Reviewed 18 December 2021 via mobile

Booked 3 rooms for 3 nights. Good, clean, warm and comfortable rooms. Only issue is same as what I faced in Elgin Darjeeling on how they allocate rooms. We were given one room with view and 2 without. This is when they don't charge based on room categories. Maybe doing separate bookings instead of one may be the solution. Anyways, apart from this loved everything from breakfast, lunch, dinner or tea service. The staff is courteous, helpful and eager to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Must stay if in gangtok.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 16 December 2021

The hotel is one of the best in Gangtok, loacted a km from M G Marg. It has a heritage touch and you will go down the days of British Raj. The rooms are spacious but the place need special attention as the water floods the bathroom floor during bathing.
The lawn is nice and big and we could a view of Kanchanjenga from our rooms. I missed a balcony. The food was good and specially the desert was awesome. Special mention to Mr Basu and his staffs who will take care of all your needs including travel.
The review never ends before mentioning of Hilton the dog who is very friendly and roams around the garden.

Room tip: Ask for a mountain view room at the top floor

Reviewed 22 November 2021

We were 5 people stayed for 4 nights , we booked premium suite and the suite lived upto to its expectations. had majestic view of kanchanjunga from living room.

Food was good but did faced gastric issue, not sure whether it was due to hotel food or food we had from outside.

Staff is courteous and very helpful , special thanks to Chef , restaurant manager and reception for helping us in all types of needs.

Location of the hotel is near by to MG road, 5 mins walking distance, beautiful landscape garden, with nice sit out area to enjoy coffee or evening snack.

We had great fun playing and spending time with hotels Pet i.e Hilton, it was cherry on top, My daughter was so happy to play with him...

Thanks to Basudev ji & Ajay for smooth checkin and taking care of all our queries. Will definitely visit again

Room tip: 308 premium suite
Date of stay: November 2021
1  Thank Ravirajtilve

Reviewed 7 November 2021

I had been seeking a family reservation at Elgin Nor khill, Gangtok since the 3rd of November 2021.
I tried calling them, tried using their website, had some questions before I make a booking, wrote them 4 emails, and all I was left with was a sense of desperation to seek accommodation at this hotel. I did get responded twice over email, but that did not help resolve my queries, and had follow-up questions while I felt it was not worth being made to chase.

I'll pursue their service no more. Got alternate accommodation at another heritage property in Gangtok who was prompt in response despite the Diwali holidays, and is eager to receive guests.

Date of stay: November 2021

Dear Madam !

We thank you so much for your feedback and we sincerely apologise that we could not meet your expectations and have left you disappointed .

I will share all the details you have mentioned in your review with my team members so that we can make the necessary improvements.

Once again thank you and we do hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve in the near future .

The Elgin Nor-Khill,