“Great position .. Great Food .. Great Service”

Bar Restaurante El Pulpo
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 January 2018

We visited over new year (Brena Baja almost shut down) but this beach bar and restaurant was open all the time ... The food and service was above average for the area .. but just so you are aware its mainly fish based, which were always fresh daily .. Only slight wings would be the bread rolls !! not fresh very often and most people were not eating .. In general I would recommend

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

All 3 of us has awful stomach problems in less than 24 hours. We are still recovering and while the food was ok it was nowhere near worth it. We are sure it was from there as we had no previous problems (been in the canary islands for over a week now). Also rude staff particular what I'm presuming was the manager. Only plus was a lovely older gentleman who was a waiter who deserves to work in a far better place. Also, worst interior for a restaurant I have seen with a nasty bright green puked across the walls. Do not visit.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is right on the beach and is always busy , getting a table outside is difficult. Food and drinks good.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Having had a less than overwhelming experience earlier this year, (March 2017), I promised myself a second attempt to see why this place was highly rated by others. Given the fabulous location and near 100% occupancy (lunch times), you would think this would be a sure fire winner.

On this visit at least, gone were the grumpy waiters, replaced by younger, English speaking, polite, helpful versions, providing quick and efficient service including bringing the bill.

My fish croquettes starter was very decent as was my mains accompaniment of wrinkly potatoes with red mojo (order separately). My mains sole was a bit overdone and dry - (previous visit - excellent). Two draught beers were served cold and drunk promptly.

Even though I have had two average experiences, I would urge visitors to Los Cancajos to try this place - it is, after all, your own opinion that counts. I will definitely have a third go.

On a personal note, as a grumpy old sod myself, I rather missed the awkward squad.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Service was ok.
The fish was dry and hard.
The potatoes where dry.
The beer came in warm glasses.
Can’t recommend this to anyone!