All reviews the pub standard room swimming pool queenie suite red letter day small village room was large weekend break long weekend stayed for nights lovely place night stay food was lovely nothing is too much trouble dorset countryside poached eggs main course
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Arrived on a Saturday just for one night.
Room was nice we stayed room 9 by the pool which in summer probably not that quiet. Room was very spacious it was just all the furniture that bothered me. Counted 20 drawers in all of it unless you was moving in for a very long time you definitely don't need all that furniture. The room was clean tho could could do with a Hoover under the bed. The tv only had a few channels and no freeview. We ate in restaurant which wad good value for money and food was hot and tasty.Overall was happy with our stay and would stay again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alison R
Reviewed 27 February 2018

This is a nice looking hotel in an excellent location and the swimming pool looked good. I expect it's great in the summer. We had Room 3, which is between the pub part and the rear carpark. You the River Piddle over a little footbridge. The room was a decent size, warm (it was bitter outside) and had lashings of hot water but the walls were thin and you could hear everything the neighbours did. The TV was too small and on its way out. There were coloured lines across the screen. The position wasn't good either and I had to sit on a stool to watch it.

We had dinner the first night, the menu is not that extensive. I opted for the lamb and my wife, had an omelette. They took over an hour to come and the lamb was over-cooked. The wine is pretty expensive by the glass.

Breakfast was different altogether. Everything you could wish for and the English was well-cooked and very tasty. The only problem, the serve between 8.30am - 9.30am even during the week and we had to be away early on the Monday. They made up a continental breakfast on trays but it wasn't the same.

The staff were very pleasant and it is obviously popular with dog owners, as there were a few about. All impeccably behaved.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ray B
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Had come down to be near my son and partner , who had just had a baby boy, and live locally. Booked on line but as the reservation said double /twin room, I dropped an email directly to the hotel and had a response within 12 hours [ this was overnight).
Impressed on arrival , the ambiance was warm and friendly. The room was cosy and warm ( freezing outside ). The only issue would of been the noisy extractor in the adjoining room. Lasted for half an hour at a time.
Would I return....definitely.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank carolineHighwycombe
Reviewed 22 February 2018

the room was clean and well laid out. Wifi good in the bar area, but not in the rooms. A very pleasant experience - many thanks. The Piddle valley where I think Piddletrenthide lies is rather lovely, with various pubs to visit along the way. I had a standard room - very good shower (no bath).

Room Tip: I did wonder if rooms nearer the main house might get wifi...
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine S
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Horrible place really bad attitude from owner asked for assistance waiting absolutely ages for food told because they busy however should not take over an hour for service place was half empty. I would advoid at all costs the food was unappealing and cold when arrived. Asked again for help and nothing done paid and left as it is the worst place to visit with disgusting attitude service and food to match it was not busy and a feeble excuse with no common courtesy! Don't waste your valuable time or money here!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family