“Really good Greek Meal”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Set back off high street so almost missed it! Worth finding but again,such huge portions squished on the plate was a bit off putting but moussaka to die for!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

When we arrived all the outside tables had been taken and we were seated inside which was fine to begin with. We ordered drinks which were brought very quickly and then we were asked to stand up so they could fit in more tables around us, it wan't an issue. We ordered our meals and we didn't see them for an hour. I would have walked away if I were not trapped but the constant dancing & setting fire to the courtyard which, when hungry, becomes less & less entertaining. The music was deafening loud so we couldn't even speak to each other without yelling. I manged to get a waiters attention who thought I wanted to dance. My children were tired, past hungry and irritable at this point and when the food came it was cold and unappealing. I would have sent it back if I could get anyone to look in our direction. My husband suggested we just eat and leave, my moussaka was like baby food only less tasty. I had to stop a waiter carrying plates to a table behind us to get the bill. A jug of watery wine was brought over in the way of an apology, we didn't want it as we wanted to leave.

Perhaps if the staff stopped jamming in tables into every available space they would have been able to cope with the customers they had. Perhaps.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

We met friends here one evening for a meal. Brilliant atmosphere with Greek dancing - the owners are so friendly and funny. Food really good, great service. They dance around a ring of fire ! Highly recommend L.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely food and helpful, friendly staff.

The food was very good and reasonably priced, we especially liked the fried cheese starter.

Apparently they have Greek dancing but we had to leave before they started, would have liked to have seen it.

Well worth a visit

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Aries is a great traditional restaurant, good food excellent service, and the Greek dancing , the best