“Excellent, a rare (in Corfu) modern European restaurant”
Review of 9 Muses Restaurant

9 Muses Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Gouvia
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We visited as a family whilst staying up the road in Kommeno.

The decor is modern, clean and appealing which drew our eye in the first place on a strip full of neon lights and old school tavernas.

We were not disappointed. The staff welcomed us and brought out a booster chair for our toddler.

I had fresh figs with goats cheese and prosciutto for a starter and my wife had grilled halloumi. Both were delicious and presented in a really delightful way.

A lovely touch, they actually asked when we would like our sons pasta - with the mains or starters - and this is a great help when you have a hungry toddler. He wolfed a whole plate of freshly made pasta with tomato and cheese, which I tried and have to say was lovely!

Main course I had a swordfish souvlaki which was tasty and served with so many colourful vegetables grilled with the meat. You can tell some real thought went into presentation.

My wife had a seafood linguine which again was lovely and colourful and not skimpy with the huge prawns. Really tasty according to my wife.

The one minor let down was we were left for a while after our mains had been cleared, and I had to grab a waiters attention to ask for a dessert menu. We were then left another good while without taking our order, so we had to ask for the bill instead as our little one wouldn't have waited any longer. Would have been a 5 not a 4 if they had gotten this right, hands down.

A little tip, there's a superb bakery that's open late just up the road where we picked up some cakes and biscuits on the way back to the car.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Fresh fish! Very good food! Good atmosphere! We especially liked the seefood plater! The staff was very friendly!

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Order the Seafood platter for 2, amazing!
Starters are superb as well. Good wines and staff! And an ouzo to complete.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

A beautiful sophisticated restaurant, not a traditional traditional greek taverna. beautifully presented food, lovely menu and tasted wonderful. My foodie daughter loved it, we had 3 courses, all dishes were great. Not as expensive as I imagined for the quality of the food. Definitely would recommend a special night out/

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Delicious family meal, lovely place to eat. Would highly recommend whilst visiting Gouvia. Food all fresh and well presented.