“Penang Laksa”

Ayer Itam Penang Assam Laksa
Ranked #45 of 1,804 Restaurants in Penang Island
Cuisines: Malaysian
Reviewed 6 September 2017

This was one of the places I was asked to try when I told my friends I was visiting Penang. It did not disappoint. We sat at a nearby coffee shop and they ordered for us. IT was not too spicy like some other stalls i tried and it was just nice with a balance of sourness.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I was here after visiting Kek Lok Si Temple. I wasn't expecting much from a simple stall like this but in the end I was very impressed by the assam laksa here! The taste is very thick and strong, the portion is big and they are very friendly. Recommended!

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

A local recommended this place to us and it didn't disappoint. Relatively small portions but the dish is packed with flavour and the staff are very friendly. Already can't wait to go back!!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I'm a person that do not like to eat Assam Laksa but only this Assam Laksa i will eat. The environment although is hot and messy but the food really really worth to eat. Service normal.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

It was famous but dwindled as time goes by. They used to dilute the broth too much that it lost the taste and the noodles were soggy. That was 12 years ago. Came back recently and found that the taste were great. The broth were flavorful and noodles were improvised and it has redeemed itself as one of the best laksa dish in Penang.