“Still tastes good”

Ayer Itam Penang Assam Laksa
Ranked #46 of 1,800 Restaurants in Penang Island
Cuisines: Malaysian
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Been a while didn't visit this stall as it's always crowded especially during weekends and public holidays. It did not disappoint me, the soup still tastes good and it's not too spicy. worth a visit for only RM5 a bowl of assam laksa!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

This was one of the places I was asked to try when I told my friends I was visiting Penang. It did not disappoint. We sat at a nearby coffee shop and they ordered for us. IT was not too spicy like some other stalls i tried and it was just nice with a balance of sourness.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I was here after visiting Kek Lok Si Temple. I wasn't expecting much from a simple stall like this but in the end I was very impressed by the assam laksa here! The taste is very thick and strong, the portion is big and they are very friendly. Recommended!

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

A local recommended this place to us and it didn't disappoint. Relatively small portions but the dish is packed with flavour and the staff are very friendly. Already can't wait to go back!!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I'm a person that do not like to eat Assam Laksa but only this Assam Laksa i will eat. The environment although is hot and messy but the food really really worth to eat. Service normal.