“A must do!”

Simply Enak - Food Experiences
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Let us share our passion for Delicious Malaysian Food with You!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 10 October 2017

We were only the two of us on this tour but this made it very personal. Mark is a great guide who talks about food because he loves it. He is really dedicated to what he does. But he also knows a lot about the history of Georgetown and Penang and even about complete southwest region. We learned a lot. You can ask him everything, all subjects are discussable which gives a total look on how life is lived in Georgetown.
We tasted very good dishes,Indian vegetarian, Indian halal and Chinese food. Mark asks about food allergies, how much you can eat and he orders special drinks as well. At the end of the tour you can choose if you want to go to a quiet, nice bar or back to the hotel.
We can definitely recommend this tour if you like to learn more about food and history in Penang.

All reviews
"his hometown"
"private tour"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 5 October 2017

By far this is going to be THE BEST food tour you may have during your trips.
You will have the opportunity to eat, and eat and keep eating until you are really satisfied. I might think that we kept eating for nearly 4-5 hours. One dish was more delicious than the previous one (the winner was the Laksa which I had it twice).
We loved that this is not only a tour food, it also covers history, culture and architecture as well so it will be the perfect tour that emcomprises all you want to know when you are new to some destination.
In Mark we found a true and genuine friend. His knowledge (he's a master chef) and love for his hometown made you realize that you made the right choice.
Thanks for such amazing time.

1  Thank Ruben R
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Third visit to Penang, and my third food tour there but first with Simply Enak. I can highly HIGHLY recommend Mark and the tour. He is an committed food and drink specialist who kindly and freely shares his local knowledge and thoughts, and organised a bespoke tour for us, without any fuss or bother. Excellent value for money, and definitely included things we would never have seen or eaten otherwise. Look no further, book this tour!

1  Thank DrAffable
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I had the pleasure of taking a food tour with Mark during my time in George Town, and he did not disappoint. I've taken many food tours during my SE Asia travels and his was well organized and professional, yet laid back and fun! Mark is a people person with a deep passion for all things food, and perfectly suited for his role. I tried many delicious dishes and learned history as it relates to the food/dishes I tried. Everywhere we went we were greeted with a smile and warm welcome, evidence of Mark's well established relationships with people in the local food industry. I highly recommend Mark's tour!

1  Thank willenajean