“Malaysia Trasure : World Heritage Site” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Penang Island

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
129 helpful votes
“Malaysia Trasure : World Heritage Site”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

Visited penang on Jan 2011 for my pre wedding photos at penang world heritage site like penang jetty, beach road, cheng hock teik sin temple and oldest kuan yin temple around georgetown.

After the pre wedding photo, during our free time and we visited suffolk home which is win the best restoration during 2008 for UNESCO. It is a elegant and beautiful heritage at penang to be visit.

Another hidden heritage of penang is the food. Really enjoy the food very much especially the best char kuay teow in penang.

Brisbane QLD
“Thanks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2011

To every one here thanks your helpful information made this trip easy. A special thanks to those who recomended Patrick of Vision First you were so right about the great customer service and the cake ,but even more important for me as I only have one eye and not great sight in the other was the quality of the glasses . Far supirier to the over priced pair I got from our local optician in Australia .I will be going back to Patrick when it is time for a new pair

Thailand
100 helpful votes
“disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2011

We, mature couple, were really disappointed with penang/georgetown.
Our purpose was to see the old heritage georgetown.Unfortunately it is very much worn down, many buildings almost collapse and some of the suggested must sees are no longer there. After 7 pm almost everything is closed and it's not pleasant to stroll around, near Chula Rd and Little India are some simple restos and food stalls.
Apart from the old town penang looks pretty much like Singapore with skyscraper condo buildings.
We found guerney drive a good break and had a nice diner at guerney plaza.
A visit to the temple of Quan Im at Air hitam was a great pleasure.

London
56 helpful votes
“An amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

George Town in the island of Penang is a fantastic city, full of character, history, modernity and the most amazing food in SE Asia.
Sun, sea, tropical forests, a butterfly farm, the spice garden, the stunning, UNESCO protected, historic George Town with its charming Sino-Portuguese architecture, such as Chulia Street and its grand English mansions, the temples and the delicious food served all over town in street stalls...
A unique place suspended between the past and the future.
5* accommodation in places like the Blue Mansion, the G Hotel and Clove Hall, as well as cheaper hostels, make it an affordable and unique destination for all.
Go and check it out yourself, you'll fall in love with it!
10 out of 10.

1 Thank HappyGio69
Chesterfield, England
63 helpful votes
“Park Royal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2008

We stayed here for three nights. The hotel is situated near the night market, restaurants and bars. The beach is very disappointing; we found it dirty and not very wide.

The hotel is self was very nice. The staff were very helpful. The bedroom are clean but out bedroom overlooked the street so it was noisy. It was my birthday whilst I was there and they gave me a chocolate cake with happy birthday on it, which I thought was very nice of them. The hotel grounds are wonderful to stroll through. The drink we found to be very expensive.

We eat out for our evening meal, which was reasonable. Drinks were a lot cheaper up to road from the hotel.

We took the local bus into the town. We enjoyed looking around the town and didn’t feel frightened at all. Some street we were the only ones on there. We went up the town and the views were wonderful, well worth a visit.

I would go there again.

1 Thank Shaw55

Been to Penang Island? Share your experiences!