“Presidents Club Trip”

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Stayed at the Hilton Rose Hall for a trip i had earned thru work. I am a Hilton Honors member and they do provide some additional perks depending on your member level. Beautiful grounds and clean rooms most with great views. My wife used the spa daily and loved it. The pools where great and their where plenty of areas to sit. Not a lot of rafts for the lazy river or water slide. Both the slide and river are great if you can get a tube. The beach cabana's where great and a nice escape with a cooler full of water, juice and beer. The drink and food service was not good at all, slow to non-existent. Do not get the beach cabana's for that it will leave you highly disappointed. The food is bland and lacks variety with a very limited menu at all the sit down restaurants. Breakfast buffet is the best option for a good meal. Finger foods where great especially the small pizzas! Played golf and both local courses. The White witch course is a must for any golfer, and the restaurant (not fully open when there) has tremendous views! The other course Cinnamon Hill is just ok, does have a few good ocean side holes. Hired a driver from Gregory Tours to go to Blue Hole (off the beaten path but worth the ride, not for those who are not adventurous) some local shopping spots and eateries. Overall good resort, if booked at the right price and for those that do not like kids you should go somewhere else. Would recommend.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the ocean view.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew G
Chrisann C, Social Media Representative at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort after your recent visit to our property.

There were some other areas that you provided feedback on and we do appreciate you letting us know as this will allow our Management Team to take corrective action where necessary.

We do hope to see you and your family again in the future, making us “your home away from home".

There are newer reviews for Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I missed the great times I had there, great food and awesome water park Love The Lazy River, floating around my all exclusive free drinks couldn't be better and relaxing nevermind the selection of great places to eat, Golf Course next door couldn't be better and a staff that just wants to help you have a good time and now it looks like they added on can't wait to see what they did only one thing negative not enough reggae music...
I'd like to go back when kids are in school this time though just a little too many little kids running around....

Room Tip: Request Ocean View
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

We are delighted to hear that you were pleased with our facilities, food and with the excellent service provided by our staff members.

We appreciate your feedback and comments to which we will share with our team members.

We cannot wait to host you and your family again soon making us “your home away from home".

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We are lucky enough to have been at this hotel for our last two holidays. Both times we have been there for Jamaican Independence Day and I can't tell what an amazing show they put on!

Food here is wonderful with three themed restaurants offering a change from the main Fresh restaurant. The Three Palms up at the golf club is lovely. The open air barbecue evenings are incredible with a vast array of choice.

Rooms are fab (but when are you ever in them?) and the ones with a sea view are beautiful.

Water park is wonderful for kids( we didn't see our 14 year old for hours on end and we enjoyed the main pool away from the activity of the last river and slides.

Honestly we can't fault this place. We've been to Beaches at Ocho Rios but the Hilton Rose Hall is just in a different class. Highly, highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank KAM3108

Our staff members take pride in their jobs and always strive to achieve 100% guest satisfaction, we are delighted to know that they were amazing and went above and beyond to make your stay a memorable one.

We do appreciate your feedback and comments to which we will share with our team members.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I called ahead to let the hotel know that I was checking in a little late because our flight was delayed...no problem...we got you...everything is ok is what i was told! I requested 2 queen double bed because we have 3 adults and a 15 year old! I get there at 6pm and was told sorry we do not have a double bed room for you bit we can give you right now a king size bed with a mini pull out couch...one of us had to sleep on the floor! Then I was told by Sophia that there should be a room available tomorrow and to double check with the front desk to move into our original room! I speak to KENRICK...and he was not very accommodating and i thought he was rude but he assured me that he wasnt rude its because we are DIFFERENT CULTURES...as he made a hand gesture with his comment! Mind you...im from the islands and i live in south florida! Seriously!... any way....i was told the room is guaranteed at 4pm....not what i was told by Sophia...i was told again by KENRICK thats all he can do...i asked can i speak to someone else with less culture differences? Lol! At this point im upset! Any way...nothing was done! Whatever...i had to make the best of it! Other than that....Food was good... coffee was awesome...drinks were on point! Jamaica itself was great just not KENRICK at the front desk! His culture differences he has is something he should work on! Definitely would come back to Jamaica just not to the Hilton Rose Hall Resort and Spa!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lia C

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Rose Hall & Spa for your recent vacation; it was indeed a pleasure to host you.

We do understand how disappointed you were and cannot apologize enough that we did not meet or exceed your expectations especially as it relates to customer service. Do note this is not our standard nor that of Hilton's and we will address to ensure there is no re-occurrence.

Our sincere apologies once more for not exceeding your expectations; we will continue to work on improving our service and offerings as at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa we pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service as we value your relationship with us.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

From my brother who checked me in, to my sister handling the resevervations at the Luna Di Mare restaurant who bent over backwards to accommodate me and my family, to my brother who made my daily omelette always with a smile...the list goes on and on. There were some issues with the elevators and the ATM machine while I was there, but the staff made up for it with their service. They were just naturally accommodating and courteous. They made me feel bad at times when I didn't leave a tip, because I knew they were doing what they were doing, just because that's who they were, not that they wanted anything in return. As a matter of fact, I apologized to the housekeeper caring for my room on the last day, because I couldn't get money from the ATM to leave her a tip. Her response was, "Did you and your family have a good time while you were here?" I replied, "Yes." And she said, "That's all that matters to me." That is truly the way that the entire staff made me and my family feel. What a staff! What a vacation!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

15.7 km away
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
#19 of 64 in Montego Bay

Been to Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!