“well located”
Review of AC Hotel La Linea

AC Hotel La Linea
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Great hotel, only 15 minutes walk from the Gibraltar border. Rooms with balconies and windows overlooking the bay and Mount Gibraltar.
Building an earlier date, perhaps that is why officially has a 3 *, but it is well renovated and in my opinion deserves to 4th star.
All equipment, except CRT TV, comes with our age. Beds are comfortable and you got minibar (water + softdrinks) for free.
By reception is located AC Lounge with free wifi and a desktop computer if you do not have your own. I saw a swimming pool and a gym but have not time to use them.
Note the helpful staff and the manager who quickly solved
my problem with payment. Of course reasonable price for Marriott standard stay is also worth to notice.
For sure we will go back there.

Room Tip: my 326 was excellent(view like mentioned above)
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

The room was good and the location great for Gibraltar.
Dinner,alas was not.
My wife ordered å starter and å main course. I ordered å main course.
My main arrived with my wife's starter. My wife's starter after I had finished my main course.
When I pointed out that this was unacceptable the waitress implied it was our fault because my wife ordered å starter.
So If you have dinner order each course seperately or eat somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I booked the AC as a change to my usual stay in the Asur based on Photo's on the web. Nothing really shinned out in my stay, some staff were helpful some not bordering on rude. My first impression of the room was that it smelt of stale cigarettes as did the whole of floor getting out of he lift, even though I had asked for a no smoking room. The room was a lot smaller than the Asur, however the bed was comfortable and the bathroom excellent.

One other thing I did not like was the location of the hotel, it was a long walk from any form of night life and in quiet a rough looking area.

All in all ok for the money, but I would only stay again I the Asur was full or declines

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jonny1mac
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We booked the hotel for two nights (no refund) for €120 including breakfast. We ended up only staying one night since we didn't know we would see all of Gibraltar in one full day. The hotel itself looked sketchy on the outside, but inside was very nice! Our room was 409 and it was an okay room. It had two twin mattress pushed together and it was very uncomfortable as they were separating every time we moved. The 'minibar' consisted of two drinks and a water which was nice because they were free. As far as the coolness in the room, I give it a big 0 out of 5 stars. I was uncomfortable the whole night because it was so hot! We had ours at the highest setting and since the vents were at a weird location (above the door and near the seating/minibar/tv area) we could not feel the breeze. Opening the window was suppose to be plan B, but they didn't have screens on the window. Breakfast on the other hand was good! They had a really good buffet style selection, not your typical American style breakfast with bacon and eggs instead its an assortment of hams, cheese, bread, cereal and yogurt. As far as location, it is literally five minutes away from Gibraltar border and instead of taking the taxi or walking like others suggested we took the risk of taking our car. Getting there took a little longer since we decided to go in the afternoon, but after passing the border everything was straight on through.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2012

A pleasant, modern hotel in a residential district approximately 5 minutes by taxi (€5) from the Gibraltar border. There are no great views as although the beach is about 200m away (but not visited by us so) the hotel is not oriented in that direction and it is surrounded by residential buildings. The hotel looks recently refurbished and was non-smoking throughout (unlike hotels over the border). The welcome was pleasant and all the reception staff we encountered spoke English (my Spanish is non-existent I'm afraid). Our room was not large, but big enough and well appointed. A nice touch was the complimentary water and soft drinks in the minibar. The breakfast buffet was varied and well stocked. We also ate in the hotel's restaurant on our first evening. Not an extensive menu, but there was enough variety, the prices were reasonable and the food and service were excellent. There's free wifi and during the day complimentary coffee and soft drinks in the lounge. We were glad we chose this hotel over the alternatives in Gibraltar. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
6.9 km away
NH Campo de Gibraltar
NH Campo de Gibraltar
#1 of 4 in Los Barrios

Been to AC Hotel La Linea? Share your experiences!