US$117
Hotel Villadesella(Ribadesella)
US$129
Hotel Villa Rosario II(Ribadesella)(Great Value!)
US$156
Casa de Aldea el Frade(Ribadesella)(Great Value!)
US$103
Hotel Villa Rosario(Ribadesella)
US$208
US$135
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

Hotels.com
La Calma(Ribadesella)
Orbitz.com
Bajo los Tilos(Ribadesella)
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsthe rivercomfortable hotelswimming poolsea viewsound of the wavesbase for touringbrittany ferrieslovely feelunderground garagegroup of friendspeople watchingsmall townacross the bridgeseaside hotelroom was spaciouslovely viewper night
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights here. Old part was once a palace & modern part has been added to provide additional rooms and facilities. On arrival checked in - was aware from other reviews that little English spoken. That is certainly the case. The receptionist made no effort to tell us any additional information about the hotels facilities- indoor & outdoor pools, spa, towels for swimmers etc. I would also say that in the 3 days we stayed we must have passed reception 20 times and not once did they say hello, make eye contact or act like we were there. I asked about towels for the pool in English & the man at reception feigned non comprehension - I then used my poor Spanish to ask for pool towels and he complimented me, in English, on my good Spanish! On the whole most of the staff in the public areas seemed to work tirelessly keeping the place clean and we felt a bit of an intrusion into their well maintained hotel. They certainly weren't helpful or welcoming. Getting a drink at the bar was a chore. They really could make this place so much more welcoming & make more money if the staff went to the pool area & offered a drinks service. Not customer friendly.
Room was spacious and bathroom lovely. Good selection of toiletries, mini fridge in room, balcony overlooking sea was a treat. No air conditioning in the room and it did get v hot at night, but just left balcony door open. The housekeeping staff were all lovely and chatty & friendly - rest of staff should take lessons from them. Very efficient - always made our room up whilst we were at breakfast.
Breakfast served in room below lounge - very hot. Again staff not great - they didn't do much apart from clear tables - no welcome, showing to tables, explanation etc. Plenty to eat at breakfast but hot options looked a bit miserable. Ate dinner one night but not very good value & choice on set €25 deal not that great. Entrecôte steak was very tough, no vegetables and we were given one glass of wine each as part of the deal. Most days the menu was not posted in the lifts or reception/ lounge. So we ate out - which is much cheaper, better value & better food.
This place could be a goldmine and exceptional but I just don't think they can be bothered.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jo62Bloggs
Reviewed 18 September 2017

This hotel doesn't deserve 4 stars !!
The rank is not based on the international standards !!

We were 3 adults for two rooms the 1 and the 109.
- the room 1 is above the reception, two times, I had to ask customers to speak less loudly. I was able to hear when my neighbour received a message
- the bed in the room 1 is so old that there was a hole in the middle
- the beds in the room 109 were so uncomfortable that when you sat down you could hear all the springs
- the carpet lost its colors because of the steps of the previous customers
- and I don't speak about the common rooms which are super old, the breakfast with a view on a parking whereas the hotel is in front of the see...

Room Tip: At least ask for a view on the sea
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

A great hotel with parking. Booked as a deal with Brittany Ferries. There was a storm when we arrived and although our room did not face the beach we were quite pleased as we could sit on our balcony and enjoy the view of the gorgeous Picas de Europa. A quiet "old fashioned hotel" lovely rooms and facilities. A nice walk into town for dinner.
Breakfast was plentiful and loads of choice. Probably the best cafe con leche I had during my stay. Nearby the links to the autavia and Cangas De Onis. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Before I begin, my review is aimed to assist UK tourists. Ribadesella is a resort that seems to attract and cater for a large amount of domestic tourists. Expectations should be made with that in mind. It is not Playa de las Américas, Magaluf or even Alcudia!

So some general info.....

1. The Spanish smoke a lot, including where people eat food. Doesn't bother me, but it may bother others.
2. The food is very traditional for the area: odd things from the sea, plenty of ham, funny cheeses. This may not appeal to "English" tastes. Or vegetarians.
3. The Spanish share a lot of food. Bear this in mind when you order.
4. The Spanish eat very late .... it's not uncommon to find folk starting lunch at 3pm and starting their evening meal at 10pm. Make adjustments accordingly.
5. Unsurprisingly the locals don't speak English. Neither do I speak Spanish. Don't get upset by this. Some Brits can be very unreasonable when it comes to communication on holiday.

Anyway ... the hotel:

The hotel seems to be an old traditional sea-side villa with dark & austere wooden panelling bolted onto to a new accommodation block which may have been built in the 70's or 80's. We were on the top floor with our room looking South across the town and the mountains. A lovely vista in the late evening. The rooms were clean & the beds comfortable.

We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant (the town has plenty of places to eat in, only a 15 minute walk away across the bridge) but we did have breakfast there every day. Breakfast was rather nice: cake, tortilla, cortado, con leche, melon, ham, fried eggs with insanely yellow yolks, croissants and some cereals.

The staff were kind.

So in summary it was a lovely hotel in a lovely spot (the beach Santa Marina out the front is fabulous & vibrant; great for promenading). The salt water swimming pool is excellent too. We had a great holiday but if your kids only eat pizza & McDonald's, Ribadesella is probably not the resort for you. I'd give the hotel 4 and a half but Tripadvisor doesn't allow that so it's a 4!

Room Tip: Vista South is lovely but I suspect the rooms overlooking the beach are lovely too. I think the beach-side rooms are more expensive.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Positives
Great location, fab balcony with beautiful views of the surfing beach and the river. Lovely to fall asleep with the door ajar listening to the waves and sound of the sea. Mattresses firm which I loved! Friendly staff. Swimming pool area nice. Delicious breakfast.

Negatives
Not sure why have they put the breakfast room in the basement when the restaurant with beach views would have been nicer?
Weird entrance via one small exterior lift into the reception area.
Swimming pool area nice but would have been better with views of the sea which they could easily do! Does unfortunately have the feel of an old persons home as the clientele and staff are older than the average. A bit like the Grand in Brighton. Faded but still has a lovely feel.

I would definitely return.

Stayed: August 2017