“Good, hearty fare”

Ranked #9 of 91 Restaurants in Nicolosi
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We were sat outside on a large courtyard with some music playing in the background (not too loud).

The menu is all in Italian, so some knowledge of food vocabulary will help you out.

As mentioned by other reviewers, the portions are massive. I tried the trio of chicken (each with a different covering - tomato breadcrumbs, almonds and pistachios). Three chicken escalopes is "slightly" more than I would normally indulge in. Thankfully we didn't order a starter, as I may have actually died (!)

The staff were friendly and helpful. All in all, I'd definitely recommend if you're in the area.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Went there with the family. Tables were set outside. Restaurant had also set up a large loudspeaker that played so loud one could not have a conversation. We asked the waiter twice for the volume to be reduced and even moved table to get further away from the speaker. Volume at low levels lasted two times 2 minutes and we decided we were fighting a losing battle.

Food was good but noting special. Serving sizes were very large. Pizzas large enough to feed two. Strangely we were not notified of this when ordering these to our kids. Also no menus in English available.

All in all a visit to forget.

1  Thank Torben_RT
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff. The pizzas were great, although a bit thick. Very large portions. One pizza was enough for two to share.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Spent the day hiking up and back down nearby Mount Etna to watch a stage of the Giro d'Italia, by the time we got to Al Pero we were dishevelled, starving and exhausted. Despite this staff made us feel very welcome, went out of their way to explain the menu to us in English and keep us supplied with bread and drinks until our pizzas arrived.
I had one with mozzarella, proscuitto and pistachio cream - a recurring theme in Sicily - and one I love. It was gorgeous! And massive. So massive I could only manage half. Staff seemed concerned that I didn't like it, when I reassured them that I did, they thoughtfully offered to pack up our leftovers to take away with us. (Which were duly polished off later, after a short nap).
Can't praise these guys enough, well worth a visit!

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Suggest you order only one plate. Portions are too big to manage to eat a starter too! Delicious tasty food. Highly recommend!