We stayed here in August 2017
Location – scenic location located in a remote part of the province with lovely scenery (birds, river, frogs)
Hiking trail – The Liscombe River Trail is a 10k loop along the river. Relatively easy hike with nice views of the river.
Food – was good, seemed a little pricey but just depends on what you order. In terms of cheaper options, the burger ($15) was excellent as were the mussels ($11). Porridge at breakfast was $5. Chowder was also excellent and not expensive.
River tour – well worth the $12 with local guide Chester
Canoes, kayaking – free rentals with all the gear.
The pool – unlike many hotels with freezing cold pools, the water and air in the pool is very warm and the kids loved it. The hot tub was the perfect temperature too. Towels are provided and change rooms are there. Hours are great – morning until 10pm. If you bring a beer in a plastic cup, chances are no one will bother you.
Fireplace and communal firepit – are stocked including wood, kindling, newspaper and matches. Just bring your smores.
Apart from the main Trail, the other hiking trails were not well maintaninced. Having someone maintain these trails once a week during the summer would be a huge help. Better signs and maps are also needed.
More casual food options that can be taken back to the cottages (high quality pizza) would be great.
Games room (pool tables, table tennis) is not maintained and basically unuseable. This is unacceptable and needs to be corrected.
Place is a little dated but functional.
Nothing here. The place is a bit run down so I would hesitate to recommend it at full price. On the half price special, it was an enjoyable and economical getaway and our kids (ages 8 and 4) loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Liscombe Lodge Resort and Conference Centre is any nature lover's dream destination. Overlooking Liscomb River on Nova Scotia's Eastern Shore, just two hours from Halifax, the resort offers guests a secluded destination to enjoy nature in its truest form. Their well-appointed Riverside Lodge offers 30 guestrooms and a luxury junior suite, while their 17 open-concept chalets and five four-bedroom cottages feature cozy fireplaces and spacious private-use verandas. Keeping you busy, 16 km of hiking trails, a heated indoor pool, 2 whirlpools, a sauna, fitness room, tennis court, shuffleboard, giant chess board, canoeing, kayaking, and bicycles all contribute to the many complimentary recreational options for a fabulous East Coast vacation. Enjoy Maritime cuisine with spectacular river views at the Riverside Dining Room. The savoury menu features incredible flavours, such as Nova Scotia maple syrup, and our resort's famous planked Atlantic salmon, cooked over an open fire. And, for a more casual experience, the Lone Cloud Lounge offers a relaxed atmosphere with traditional Maritime pub classics. Whether you are planning a success-inspiring Nova Scotia conference for your organization, an exciting Nova Scotia vacation, or a romantic destination wedding, Liscombe Lodge Resort and Conference Centre offers a rustic and comfortable experience for every occasion that will exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Liscombe Lodge Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liscombe Lodge Hotel Guysborough
- Liscombe Hotel Guysborough
- Liscombe Resort Guysborough