“Absolutely stunning scenery - just paradise”

Koyao Island Resort
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Ko Yao Noi
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Our family of 4 including adult children aged 18 and 13 spent 3 nights in a Family Villa at Koyao and we absolutely loved it. Unfortunately it rained the whole time, from our boat trip from Phuket until the morning we left when it stopped long enough for me to take a few photos with the sun shining.
This place truly is paradise. Once you leave Phuket, you leave behind the hussle and bustle and head for total relaxation. The scenery is just breathtaking and you just cannot help but relax from the moment you step off the longtail boat and take the few steps to your beachfront villa.
If you are looking for nightlife and action this is not the place for you.
The staff were all so friendly and helpful. The villas were just amazing, huge indoor/outdoor bathroom and all villas are completely open at the front allowing you to take in the magical views all day. All the essentials you need like drinking water, tea & coffee, moquito spray, torch are provided in your villa.
The day we hired motor bikes the rain was torrential but still got to explore the island a little which was great. There is a 7/11 and a few shops about 20 minutes drive from the resort and there are quite a few small restaurants, shops, bars and massage shops nearby.
We did a half day long tail boat to Hong Island which I highly recommend. The island was just gorgeous and as it is only 20 minutes from the resort we arrived there before anyone else and had the whole island to our selves.
We found the meals and service in the restaurant to be great in fact as we were only there 3 days and it was raining so much we ate all our meals there. A few other guests ventured next door to Evason and raved about the food.
There is wifi available in restaurant and bar area which was handy for the two teenages especially when there was so much rain. A few rainy day activities such as a cooking class or a billiard table would have been handy.
My only criticism would be with the showers. I realise we are on an island but the shower pressure was really bad (just a trickle) and the water was luke warm - definately not hot.
I also have to say that the day spa seemed very expensive. It looked absolutely gorgeous but I did not see one customer the whole time I was there. Maybe if they offered a daily special or a reduced prices slightly guests would be more inclined to use this lovely facility.
Overall beautiful island, fantastic resort and facilities - highly recommended.
Tip- Longtail boat trip takes about and hour and half from Phuket but only 45 minutes to/from Krabi

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Shevaun
KoyaoIsland R, General Manager at Koyao Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Dear Guests

Thank you very much for taking the time and post your nice review about our resort and I will pass on your kind comments to the team.

I remember you and your family well and am sad that the weather was not on your side duiring your stay but am delighted that you had such a nice stay and enjoyed the resort anyway.

I would also like to thank you for your constructive comments about the Spa and the shower temperature which is certainly something we will look into.

Thank you again and we hope be able to welcome you back someday in the sunny season

Reviewed 8 July 2012

We thorougly enjoyed our 4 day stay at this delightful island resort. Starting with the hour long tail boat ride from phuket, we loved the views of the limestone islands and were delighted to be dropped off at our own beach front villa. Entirely open to the beach that was only 50 meters away, our villa was traditional but met with all our families needs. I loved hearing the sea lapping every night. The staff were extremely helpful, the pool and beach were fanastic, the facilities were fine, my family all used the day spa facilities, the views were to die for, and best of all we were only a short walk away from the exclusive six sense resort phuket - where we dined every night!
Loved this place and would certainly recommend this to younger people and families.

Room Tip: Just don't go in July/August/Sept as this is the wet season!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank colleen j

Dear Guests

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of the resort.

We are delighted that you and your family had such a nice stay and I will certainly pass on your kind comments to the Staff. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our Spa.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to be able to welcome you and your family again.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights and had a very relaxing and peaceful time. The views are spectacular. The bungalows are spacious and kept clean and well stocked with mosquito repellant/coils, drinks etc. The food at the restaurant was pretty good, and I was even treated to a surprise birthday cake and song from the staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DaveWarner

Dear Guests

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about our Resort.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I will pass on your kind comments to the team.

Thanking you again and we hope we are able to welcome you back to the resort in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

We were disappointed. Stayed 5 nights.
We had the impression that this might have been a great place 10 years ago or so, but since then, nothing has been renewed! (You can imagine how things like pillows of daybeds look after several years in a humid climate... )
That's not what you expect for this price.

The garden and the pool is very nice, and also the beach and the location. But the bungalows / villas are not very clean (and I'm really not picky) and really overpriced.
You should also be aware of the fact the villas are not really buildings with walls on all sides and a roof on top, but are build in an open way, so that:
- you hear a lot of animals in the night
- you have the excrements of animals in the living room in the morning
- there can be little snakes in your bathroom
That's all not really a problem, but - I know that I repeat myself - you expected something else if you pay around 170-180 € per night.

Restaurant is overpriced and not very special.

Service, especially at breakfast, was not very attentive. And that really means something in Thailand!
There did not seem to be a manager who ensures that the place is properly run.

Good thing:
Bikes and kayaks are for free.
So if you borrow a light, you can simply take the bike and go to one of the other restaurants, which are not so far away.

The excursions are extremely expensive. Better to book a trip somewhere else, they'll also pick you up at the beach in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 0997da

Dear Guests

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our Resort.

I am the recently appointed General Manager, reading your review with interesst and want to take this opportunity to thank you for pointing out both the positive and negative things you experienced.

The resort with its open air concept is very exposed to the elements and although we try to keep the the resort maintained to the highest standards, we do appologise for not living up to your expectations on this occasion.

As we constantaly strive to improve, we have recently upgraded several areas and rooms in the resort as well as placing great emphasis on staff training and are currently reviewing our activities on offer.

I am happy you enjoyed our complimentary bikes and had the opportunity to explore the lovely Island of Koh Yao Noi

Thanking you again for your review

Reviewed 9 June 2012

This is one of my favorite places in the world. I stayed here in October 2011 with my boyfriend after spending some time in Phuket and Bangkok. It's a secluded island where you can see the real Thailand. From the moment we arrived to the pier we knew we were in a paradise. The service provided by the entire staff, the food, rooms, massages, yoga class, etc, all magnificent and the location is breathtaking!!!! As soon as we arrived to the hotel we were welcomed by the receptionist and the manager with a cold drink. The rooms do not have keys or windows, and every detail in the decoration is rustic and beautiful. There are just 18 rooms (or villas) that make them perfect for a family or romantic trip. I cannot say enough good things about this place. There are a lot of places on my bucket list around the whorl that I want to visit, but I'm definitely coming back to Koyao Island Resort in the near future.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cesteva
Asianbuzz, General Manager at Koyao Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Dear cesteva,

It has been a great pleasure being your hosts at Koyao Island Resort and we would also like to thank you for taking the time to put your comments in TripAdvisor. Please do stay in touch, the whole Island Team was delighted have been of your service and we look forward to welcoming you back in not so distant future.
Hopefully till not too long!

Best regards,

Paradise KohYao
#4 of 8 in Ko Yao Noi
16.2 km away
Santhiya Koh Yao Yai Resort & Spa

Been to Koyao Island Resort? Share your experiences!