“Tapas”

La Carmencita del Puerto
Price range: US$4 - US$30
Description: What is “going to tapas”? “Going to tapas” has nothing to do with the size of your dish, it has to do with what is in your dish and how you eat it. “Going to tapas” means sharing; slow food; not eating everything at the same time and having different drinks depending on what is your tapa… …And that is what we are offering, the ultimate tapas experience… You will discover the real Spanish way of eating, new wines from the island and the peninsula and different tastes of food that you will never get at home...and do not forget, now you are entering a Spanish way of life, we want you to laugh, talk loud and have a lot of fun…with your shirt on!!! WELCOME!!!
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Spent 2 nights here while on holiday with my husband, daughter and her boyfriend. Food was amazing, pork cheeks, meatballs, codfish etc all very good as was the sangria. Lovely staff, very friendly. Will definitely be returning on our next visit to Puerto del Carmen!

2  Thank Jayne R
There are newer reviews for La Carmencita del Puerto

Reviewed 21 June 2017

BRILLIANT FOOD
BRILLIANT ATMOSPHERE
BRILLIANT HOSTS

what more can you ask for?

and keep ringing that bell !

love you all

Stan...xx

2  Thank Stan M
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

A very nice place with fantastic food, fantastic wine and enthusiastic people. - nice real Spanish experience in a very touristic area. A must-visit!!

2  Thank Ralf V
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Very busy and friendly place but there really is no need to ding the bell and cheer every time a tip is given.

So annoying!

1  Thank L19jubilada
Alvaro M, Propietario at La Carmencita del Puerto, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Those bloody noisy Spaniards!!!

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Wow! This restaurant is truly wonderful. I can't believe I haven't tried it before. We didn't know which wine to get so we sampled some of Lanzarote wine which was recommended to us. Amazing wine. And the food was outstanding. I wanted to try every dish. The flavours of each dish was perfection. This was easily the best meal I have had in a very very long time. The staff/owners are really really beautiful people who are so passionate about the island. It is lovely to listen to them explain the food and wine. We had booked early and were the first in the restaurant. It felt like we were in their own home as they sat with friends who arrived. It was special. I've been to Lanzarote a good few times and I have to admit, I was getting a bit fed up with the island but this restaurant and staff/owners have reminded me of how much I love the island and the Spanish people. I will be definitely returning. Thank you La Carmencita. See you soon.

2  Thank Rkl666