“Slow service and poor food”
Review of The Royal

The Royal
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish, Steakhouse, Salvadoran
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

When I ordered my food the waitress asked if I wanted broccoli or coleslaw. I said yes please. She said either or not both!
The place was about a quarter full and our food took an hour to come. My steak was inedibly tough and very rare when I had asked for medium, though I admit I didn't complain as we had waited so long. The pizzas were dry and had little topping. The waitress was surly and abrupt.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We visited the Royal last Tuesday for a friends birthday dinner. We arrived at 8pm, our order was taken very quickly and drinks arrived quickly. However it took over an hour for food to arrive. There was no wait staff who came over and apologised for the delay. When it did arrive we were very disappointed. The Canarian potatoes were undercooked and had no sauces. My friends tomato soup was cold and the garlic bread very dry. We were not the only ones who had to wait a long time. We just paid our bill and left!! Which is a shame as we have visited this restaurant before and always enjoyed the food.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

We booked a family birthday for 15 people. The staff were so helpful and just made it so special. Nothing was a problem to them and they even sourced a beautiful birthday cake and candles with the staff singing the birthday song. The food was delicious and we were looked after with speed and the whole group got to eat together. We were served the birthday cake for dessert and the cost was just the price of the birthday cake which we thought was so reasonable and unexpected. Lovely seating inside or out and a lovely ambience. Plenty of choice and all tastes catered for.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

There are dozens of restaurants on this strip and we chose this one at random without expecting much. So we were surprised and pleased to get an excellent, great value meal. I had a cheese and onion omelette with chips, all very tasty. My husband had a sirloin steak which came with really good saute potatoes and coleslaw. The charming waiter brought mustard at once when asked. The steak was tender and well-flavoured. Beer was brought in the proper way - in a glass which has been in the freezer. With two bottles of sparkling water and two large beers, the bill was an incredible 20 euros.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

My family had 2 dinners here on our recent holiday. Both times meals were superb as was the service. The steaks were fantastic as were the fish dishes lasagne and pizza.