1,638 results
All reviews half board old town steep hill pool area on arrival breakfast and dinner lovely hotel whole complex plenty of choice purple turtle great holiday air con pool towels remote control bus stop place is spotless reception staff
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Fantastic from start to finish! This place is a little hidden gem. Lots of returning customers every year and you can see why. We were half board and the food was fabulous! So much choice. Nightly entertainment for everyone and kids disco nightly from 9-9.30pm. Astro turf pitch very popular and very family orientated. Kids club daily 2.30 to 4pm. Rooms very clean and cleaned daily. It really was the best spot we have ever stayed in. Staff were so friendly and nice and I can safely say we will return next year. Staff work so hard here and nothing is too much bother. We have stayed in bigger apartments but the 1 bedroom does provide everything you need. The girls looking after the kids a club Cassie and Angie were fabulous and reception staff fefi and Co. were always on hand to help. Beaches nearby great fun and jumping off the peer in the old town was a favorite with our children.

Date of stay: August 2018
4  Thank Eilish D
Arteta A, Director General at Gloria Izaro Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear Eilish D,

As General Manager of the Gloria Izaro Club Hotel, I want to tell you that I am very proud to hear that your stay with us was brilliant.
Thank you very much for sharing it with us.
I am glad to know that our staff helped you at everything that you needed.
I can assure you that your comments and my congratulations will be communicated to them.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 14 August 2018

We had a wonderful stay at the Gloria back in April. The reception staff gave us a lovely warm welcome and were friendly throughout. Rooms were really nice, clean and spacious. Beds nice and comfortable.
The housekeeping was excellent with all the ladies taking the time to speak with us during the day.
Pool was lovely and we used it every day.. lovely and clean .. the massage fountains were lovely. !l
Restaurant was lovely with wonderful staff willing to help with anything you need large variety of food available and all delicious ( depending on tastes obviously)
A lovely cake left for us on the wife's birthday... What a lovely surprise..
All in all can't wait to go back

Room tip: Best views and peace and quiet is at the back of the pool away from reception
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jonchubbock

Dear jonchubbock,

As General Manager, I want to personally thank you for have selected the Gloria Izaro Club Hotel as a base for your visit to Lanzarote.
I am proud to know that the staff helped you in all that you needed. This is the reason why we are here, to provide our guests with the best hospitality services possible. Thank you again for your comments.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Just got back from 11 nights from this hotel. Check in was great with very cheerful staff and we were given a glass of prosseco for the adults and a glass of juice for the children. The room was spotlessly clean with a large lounge and kitchenette fully equipped with a fridge, toaster, microwave and kettle. Two bottles of water, and dish washing package was provided. Air conditioning was available, which was welcome during our stay. Our rooms were cleaned every day bar Wednesday. My Daughter, Son in law and grandchildren were in the room next to us as requested. We had also asked for extra bedding so that the grandchildren could have a sleep over at ours this was granted with out question. It was also my wife's birthday and we came back to a cake and birthday card off them. A lovely personal touch. The food was great with sometimes too much choice hence a few pounds have been put on . None of us ever felt that there was nothing to be had. Fresh made omelette, pancakes, waffles as well as toast, fruit, yogurt, croissant, and full english was available. Evening meals always good a choice of meat, pasta and fish dishes with plenty of veg. Pizza and chips, soups and salad as well all fresh. Too many deserts to mention. The entertainment was ok with my grandchildren loving the mini disco. The swimming pool was spotlessly clean as was the children's paddling pool with a first aider/ lifeguard on standby. Sunbeds were difficult to get if you wanted one first thing in the morning as people were up before the sun to put towels on sunbeds. ( A pet hate of mine. ). We always managed to get sunbeds in late afternoon which was better for us as it was cooler for the children. Staff were very helpful and pleasant and loved the fact that we were teaching the grandchdren a little Spanish. The only draw back to this hotel is the hill it sits on but to be fair we were pushing two buggies with two children and some shopping up the hill and we could have got a taxi if we wanted to. There is a supermarket less than 10 mins walk away which has everything you could need. We hired a car for a couple of days and the hotel provided underground car parking for €2.50 per day. All in all a great holiday.

Date of stay: August 2018
4  Thank bonsai2654

Dear John W,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review the Gloria Izaro Club Hotel on TripAdvisor.
I am most proud of my team and it really is without them that nothing could be achieved and we wouldn’t have the pleasure to read such wonderful reviews like yours. The staff is highly motivated by great service though with added sincerity. I believe this is what makes The Gloria Izaro Club Hotel more of a home than a hotel and I’m pleased that you felt extremely comfortable.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit and thank you for staying with us.

Warmest wishes,

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Room tip: Ask for iron and board from reception as it's not advertised
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
Arteta A, Director General at Gloria Izaro Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

We went with my daughter as usually for a week break. Very big advantage was the distance from the airport. Just around 20 Euro with a Taxi. If you want to rent a car or book a Taxi I suggest to do it through the reception as it's few Euro cheaper. Very nice ladies will help.The room was very nice with a big dining area where you could find comfortable sofa,TV, kitchennete with all needed kitchen utensils. If you wanted to go self-catering the supermarket was a 5 minute walk towards the Playa Chica. We went halfboard which was good decision. Lot's of good food. Variety of cheeses, cereals with different seeds and grains, English Breakfast and their tradditional calamary. Free Cava included if you are morning drinker. The dinner was same good. The house wine was sold per glass. I especially liked their El Griffo wine which you could purchase on the Canary Island Day. As I have been recently in Sicily in 4 star hotel I can confirm again that Spain is cheaper.The entertainment was not bad at all. I maybe laid next to the pool one time as we prefer the sea to the pool. On May the sea water was cold but it didn't disturb me to snorkel and see nice grey fish.The one of the downside was horrible Caipirinha served in the downstairs bar. I must admit I was spoiled in Marseille in restaurant L'horloge where I had it very nice with even nicer meal. Nevertheless you can get nice Pina Colada prepared by girls in the swimming pool area.The other con was manager's attitude begging me for a few pence for changing the towel into fresh after I used them on the beach. As later it occurred the policy was changed and you didn't have to pay for changing the towel into fresh. I rented the car via reception ladies and explored few Lanzarote attractions on my own. I highly recommend the Vulcanic Cave. You can purchase the tickets next to the attraction. The guide lady has a very nice surprise for you. Altogether we had a nice stay.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Arteta A, Director General at Gloria Izaro Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear Agnieszka J,

We are delighted to read that your stay at the Gloria Izaro Club Hotel was most enjoyable, as we appreciate and value your continued support.

Warmest regards,