“chaotic pool area”
Review of Elena Apartments

Elena Apartments
Reviewed 11 July 2017

booked in for a week with friends, The manager gave us just what I asked for, quiet room nicely upgraded in a quite area over the road, great. Biggest problem is you cannot get a sun bed and the pool area is so small that you are literally falling over everyone. nice bar staff and snacks. Went to the beach most of the time. overall I was really pleased with the accommodation but disappointed with the pool area. The Elena is however in a great spot but there are much better places nearby,

Room Tip: If you want a sunbed ask for a pool view room but if you do you may hear the disco until the early h...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Me my husband and 3 kids are just back home from these apartments. We stayed in the suites across the road from the main building. I can't fault them at all. They were very modern and had everything we needed for self catering. The maids cleaned our rooms every day and we got clean towels every day. The apartments are very central and close to everything. The beach is a 5 min walk away the same with the pubs and restaurants. We will definitely be back

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Barbara-Anne M
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

We have just come back from 5days in Lanzarote, staying at the Elena apartments, only critism is there is no air con however you can hire fans for €10 each would defo recommend you do this as rooms can get very Hot we hired 2, we requested a room at the back of the hotel that was quieter as we had read it gets pretty noises, the reviews weren't wrong due to the night club going until 7am, plenty of bars and food places near by, we hired a car for 7days from plus car with no issues a d very cheap

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Just returned from the Elena Apartments where we stayed for a week with our 2 young children, who are 6 years old and 7 months old. Also my parents and aunt and uncle. Firstly, we could not fault the location of the Apartments or the cleanliness. Our towels were changed regularly and the apartments were spotless and had all mod/cons needed in a self catering apartment.
As I mentioned, we were a family of 4 and with another 2 couples, yet our apartment was half the size of the other 2 which seemed crazy when we had double the people. My aunt and uncle had a studio apartment which was enormous and had a separate kitchen, I would definitely recommend this.
A major issue was there being no air conditioning, especially with 4 of us in 1 bedroom. My eldest daughter was supposed to sleep on the sofa, but it did not change into a bed, it was just a plain sofa so not exactly ideal!
Remember we also stayed in June, I have no idea how people would cope with the lack of air conditioning when the temps continue to rise into July/August!!
As I also mentioned the location is perfect as it is literally a 2 minute walk to the main strip where there is plenty of pubs/restaurants...HOWEVER...it is also across the road from a disco and music blasts from 12 until 6am and then you usually have loads of drunks singing at the top of their voices until 6.30am as they leave! This is not an issue if you are in one of the Apartments to the rear but if you are towards the front do not expect to get any sleep unless you can sleep through anything or can turn your hearing aid off ha ha!!! My poor aunt and uncle never slept for the full week!!
Sun loungers can be a bit of an issue as people actually take them and hide them at their apartment but we did manage to get them every day!
The big pool is pretty deep but there is a small pool which is perfect for younger children, the bar area is also lovely and very welcoming!
All staff were very friendly too!
I would definitely return to Puerto Del Carmen but I personally would not return to these Apartments which is a shame as they are lovely just not ideal with the noise at night and the lack of air conditioning!
Ps. If you do stay here, drop by Adelante (the bar across the road). Drinks are very reasonable, Ellen the owner is so nice and amazing with the kids and it's a lovely place to relax and chill out on holiday!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jill G
Reviewed 13 June 2017

The location is one of the most central you can get. There is a small supermarket across the street and many restaurants nearby.

The only problem is that at night when trying to get to or from the apartments you are hounded by the guys trying to get you into their bars. Its one aspect of PDC I cannot stand and I don't appreciate the harassment. So having no choice but to go through them each night wasn't something that excited me very much.

The room we had was a corner apartment with our balcony overlooking the ramp leading up to the bars and clubs. You appreciate the base and loud music while sipping pre-drinks before heading for dinner, but at 3AM it can be a little annoying.

The pool area is quite small and there aren't many loungers so be prepared to be out there at 6AM to claim your spot. Many people do this then go out for the day only returning after lunch (which is a little rude) so there is usually a sea of towels and no people on them!

But the pool is clean and well maintained and the staff friendly.

All in all a pretty decent place. But wouldn't be my first choice due to the annoying people in and around the club complex trying to pull you in!

Room Tip: If you're in a room "club side" it can be quite noisy!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple