Flamingo Beach Mate(Costa Adeje)
US$130
US$102
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

US$161
US$121
Trip.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$154/night.

US$89
US$85
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

US$224
US$179
Baobab Suites(Costa Adeje)
US$273
US$231
Bahia del Duque(Costa Adeje)
US$1,083
US$379
US$267
Orbitz.com
Iberostar Anthelia(Costa Adeje)
US$237
US$232
iberostar.com
GF Gran Costa Adeje(Costa Adeje)
US$1,343
US$1,295
TripAdvisor
3,484 results
All reviewslevel guestsblue loungelevel receptioncasa nostralevel servicelevel experiencecocktail hourmain restaurantpool areaseparate poolhalf boardlovely hotelpremium roommain poolsea viewspecial thanksall inclusive guests
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Stayed here for a 10 day break at the end of July
We booked a double room - The Level - all inclusive
The Hotel itself is on a hill split over various levels - beautiful sculptured gardens and masses of palm trees which added the to spacious feel of this site.
On arrival we were taken to the 'Level ' reception to be checked in,-we had missed dinne,r but food was arranged to be taken to our room - which was a nice touch .
We were offered drinks whilst we waited to be checked in which took about 10 minutes.
Our room was no 519 - which had two single beds made into a double with a sofa bed.
Facilities included , TV , WIFI, Air Con , Iron,Ironing board , telephone, kettle , Nespresso machine ( teas and coffees replenished daily ) wardrobe with drawers , safe , walk in shower with amenities , mini bar -(prices comparable with the main bar ) 1 bottle of mineral water ( replenished daily ) table and two chairs .
Our room opened via patio doors onto the 'Level' pool area .
There was only 4 coat hangers and 4 trouser hangers - but after contacting reception we were given more hangers within 5 minutes !
Service of the room was good however there were times amenities were not replaced. ( small gripe !) towels were changed daily and bed could be changed by leaving a card on the bed .
The beds were very comfortable with a choice of pillows if required .The shower had two attachments and water was constant in temperature.
Breakfast was served for us in in the ' Level lounge' which had options for cooked to order items and a buffet selection - the was a seating area inside or outside which was very nice indeed.
Lunch and dinner options were in the main restaurant which was buffet style , lots of options available here - with many foods cooked whilst you waited -drinks were served to your table .lunch time was much quieter than in an evening, however there were always tables available and you had the option to eat outside .The outside eating space was lovely and gave outstanding views of the resort and sea.
There are two pools at this Hotel , but we only used the Level' pool that was exclusively for 'Level ' guests.It was very relaxed with plenty of sun beds available and no sun bed hogging ! Ramond was our service attendant and made sure everything was just right every day around the pool area ( Thank you ) Sunscreen was also available to use if you needed it .Bali bed packages were also available too. Every couple of hours we were treated to a fruit shot or fruit water which was a nice ce touch .
As an all inclusive guest we were able to have drinks - very large selection available of good branded drinks were on offer including cocktails. This was a very welcome change to what we have experienced previously in other Hotels.
The staff without question were the best of any Hotel I have ever stayed in - very helpful , obviously very happy and you got the feeling that nothing was too much trouble here.
The Blue lounge bar that was a stones through away from the 'Level' pool was exceptional .
Evening entertainment was very good with different singers and groups on every evening - with different styles - lovely setting as this was done on the terrace outside.
Location wise you are on a hill which had many advantages of even in very hot temperatures there was always a very nice breeze.Outside the road to town is very steep and it took us about 30 minutes to get to the good beaches.( by taxi - outside the total a few minutes 3.50 euros ) The Hotel offered a free bus to the beach at 10.00 , 11.00 and 12.30 with returns available at 13.00 ,16.30 and 18.00 .
Newspapers are available in reception , the 'Level' lounge and at the 'Level' pool.
I can only speak from my ' Level' experience , but I would highly recommend this Hotel to others and will definitely be returning in the future .
The things that could be improved would be to offer 'Level ' guests a dinner option away from the main buffet restaurant , possibly in the 'Level' lounge area - this would truly transform the option .The mini bar in the room would have incurred us an extra charge if we had used it - which was strange as most of the items were included from the bar in our all inclusive package .I would have preferred a fridge filled with water or a fridge filled with items we could consume as part of our package .
There was an a la carte restaurant but it was not the best sadly -and we could have dined here every night on the all inclusive option if we so wished - food was much better in the main restaurant.
We needed a late checkout room as our flight was at 21.15 - we were allowed to keep the room until 14.00 as a 'Level ' guest and we paid 36 euros to keep the room further until 5pm which suited our pick up time .Although this option was not available to book until the day we were leaving .They also offered other facilities that could be used to freshen up if you didn't want to keep the room - and offered luggage storage too .Drinks and food fully available until you left the hotel even after checkout.
No surprises when checking out ( no extra charges )
To sum up a very good quality Hotel with stunning views and outstanding levels of customer service .

Room Tip: 519 - 524 rooms are best for the 'Level' - sunny on afternoon ,with direct access to pool
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
9  Thank Tracey t
Ruth P, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Melia Jardines del Teide, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Tracey t,

Thank you so much for choosing Meliá Jardines del Teide for your holidays in Tenerife and for share your comments with all the Trpadvisor users.

We are so glad to read such a good comment of our hotel and to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in your second home in Tenerife

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I am here copying and pasting exactly the experience I received as I wrote it in an e-mail to the hotel:-

Upon arrival the staff were most unhelpful as to advising the whereabouts and the amenities we were 'allowed' to use, due to the 'level guests' having their own private swimming pool etc. I asked questions regarding the hotel and the staff were not willing to help or answer the questions I had. We were shown to our room, which brings me to my next point; for the price we paid being over £2000 I would've expected a lot more. We had a ghastly view of the car park and the bins, the stench that came from outside once opening the doors was unbearable; the smell of hot rotting food due to being so close to the bins and the street, the room also lead out, from the door to the 'level pool' which is situated over the other side of the hotel from the pool we were not allowed to use, which I think is disgraceful. My partner explained all this and courtesy of the hotel we were allowed to, on your behalf reluctantly move rooms. I asked more questions regarding the food area, Italian restaurant etc. and the staff completely disregarded me once again. This was all on DAY ONE and I felt very disheartened about the time ahead of us; bad first impressions is an understatement. I could not contain how I felt as I wanted things to improve for the price we had paid, so that evening I expressed my concerns to 'Carolina' of whom was extremely rude and in complete denial, very reluctant to pass my feelings onto yourself (the manager); so much for 'the customer is always right'. I finally spoke to yourself the next day, I had hoped things would have improved but as the days went on they deemed to get worse. You also promised a 'do not disturb' and 'times to come in' door hanger would be brought to the room, which we did not receive.
Whilst on the subject of 'Level' we were not told about this optional service upon arrival, nor were told that we could buy this for ourselves. This service itself I feel is very divided of the hotel and very discriminating, basically rubbing it in the faces of those who can't afford it, making the people who aren't part of this 'special group' not to be involved in everything, I think is disgusting.

The second morning of the second day (26th July) we were not seated and so we took it upon ourselves to sit down, one of the staff took our drinks order of coffee to which they never arrived, I had to ask 3 TIMES before receiving our drinks, this reoccurred nearly every meal we had baring in mind we were all inclusive so we had many of meals at the hotel. We were also in a rush so we were most certainty there at 8am on the dot, as we were visiting Jungle Park, so there was no excuse on the staff members' part. This kept happening but even after expressing that we had to be on the coach again on a separate visit Loro Parque at 8:40am on 29th so we were again the first ones down for breakfast. I can empathise that it gets busy but most times we were one of the first couples to sit down, so I can only think this was negligence on the staff members part. I also understand that is self-service, so there should not be a table service of drinks if the promise of a drink is not fulfilled.
Throughout the week we brought lunch and dinner out regularly as it got so bad that we did not want to spend any time in the hotel, we should NEVER have felt like this, especially as we were supposed to have three meals a day being all inclusive. One night we decided to join the evening entertainment 'Saturday 29th', this was the summer party; we had formed an orderly queue just like every other individual, it was very busy that night so I can appreciate we would be waiting a while for a drink. To our horror a lady pushed to the front of the queue and was served before us and all the people that had been waiting in front of us; we were both disgusted. The fully suited member of staff did not care, even after expressing our anger, he claimed 'you have to be waiting in a line' WE HAD BEEN FOR THE LAST 10 MINUTES, he served her as she was a lone woman; disgraceful. He was so very rude to us, after we FINALLY got our drink we left due to the appalling way we had been spoken to by one of your members of staff. We did not join in the evening entertainment after that disgusting experience.
On Sunday 30th we had made a reservation for the Italian restaurant, when making the reservation we were not informed of the 'dress code' the only reason we found this out is looking on the BACK of the booking slip we were given just before we were due to go down. I had called down to reception as my partner, funny enough did not have 'a long sleeve top and long sleeve trousers', ironically he did not think to bring this items of clothing in the boiling hot weather. He claimed and I quote 'specifically no swimming shorts, open toe shoes, shorts or short sleeve tops, nothing that is worn by the pool'. The receptionist I called down to, claimed we may not be able to attend the dinner due to not having the correct clothing; how very disgraceful! He said he would call back and ask the restaurant if this would be acceptable, he called back and claimed it is not 'the norm' but they would accept on this occasion. At this point we did not even want to eat there due to this ridiculous 'rule' of clothing 'regulations'. We arrived and to our disgust every single male had SHORT SLEEVE TOPS, SWIMMING SHORTS AND FLIP FLOPS, I could not believe my eyes after the huge fuss the receptionist made and the note on the back of the booking slip, nobody had followed this code and the staff in there were not bothered in the slightest. I felt like the elephant in the room as I had dressed up and for what? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Myself and especially my partner felt most uncomfortable eating there; not only this but the pizza cutter was DIRTY and had pizza on from the previous guests, but the pizza was exactly the same as the vile pizza that was served in the buffet! What a poor experience! I was appalled, so I again went to speak to the member of staff that told me about the dress code and how poor of an experience we had the whole time, he said you were going to contact us the next morning, which did not happen!

Our time at the hotel was horrendous, and to top it all off, when we were checking out we were accused of taking a 2 euro bottle of water out of the fridge; we had brought our own juice from the shop down the road so we didn't have to take anything from the mini bar. What a way to top off a terrible week at the hotel! Accused of taking something that we hadn't!!
I feel people that are wanting to stay should be made aware that the customer service skills are poor, and being polite and waiting in a queue gets you nowhere. We will never return to this hotel and I have made everyone aware as to the less than acceptable experience we had. I regret spending so much money on the hotel as the decor does not match up to the way the staff treat you. The last time we stayed in Tenerife we stayed in a three star hotel up the road and were treated very well. I also regret booking time off work, I did not enjoy one day at the hotel.

Room Tip: Overpriced, rude staff
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Carina W
Ruth P, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Melia Jardines del Teide, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Dear Ms Carina W,

Thank you so much for chosing Meliá Jardines del Teide for your holiday in Tenerife and for sharing your experience with all the Tripadvisor users.

We have been already in contact by email for your issues

We are very sorry to read that our hotel did not completely fulfill your expectations, as we always wish. Please, be assured that all your comments have been taken seriously in order to improve the experience of our guests.

We hope that you give us another opportunity to welcome you back on a future occasion and enjoy the new facilities and service that we have at the hotel.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Love this hotel, 2nd year here and it's even better! Gorgeous rooms and facilities, very clean, lovely food and attentive friendly staff, excellent service especially pool side waiter Miguel. Will definitely be returning again cannot fault anything.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Rlf7992
Ruth P, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Melia Jardines del Teide, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Rlf7992,

Thank you so much for choosing Melia Jardines del Teide for your holiday in Tenerife and for taking your time to write and share your experience with all the Tripadvisor users.

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay and that our staff contributes to provide you a memorable vacation.

We are already looking forward to welcome you one more time to your second home in Tenerife.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Friendly staff,whiling to help you any way they could,what a lovely stay my self and family had...recommend 100%..the food was excellent and the service at the Level was great,the temperature was good every day around 27 to 30 degrees just right.

Room Tip: get a room facing the sea.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jama735

Dear jama735,

Thank you so much for choosing Meliá Jardines del Teide for your holidays in Tenerife and for share your comments with all the Tripadvisor users.

We are so glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us, specially the service of our The Level staff.

We are looking forward to welcome you again to your second home in Tenerife.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from a weeks stay for our wedding anniversary in a deluxe sea view room.

This is definitely one of the best hotels in Costa Adeje in terms of the wonderful grounds & the staff. It's a little out of Adeje (about 5€ in a taxi to Adeje) but there's a 24 hour shop within a 2 minute walk.

The pool is huge and sun beds are always available, but quite a few are reserved before 9am. Pool towels are provided, so no need to bring them. I'd suggest having an inflatable / float for children, as there's no shallow end in the pool and it's very deep.

In terms of the rooms, they are all decorated in the modern white / grey. Our first sea view deluxe room was above the restaurant; the noise was too much first thing and late at night. In my opinion, these shouldn't be in the "deluxe" category. However, when we complained, we were moved to a much better room with a huge balcony.

In the rooms are a small fridge, double wardrobe, a safe (ask at reception as it's a €10 deposit), kettle and a TV, but limited UK channels. The cleaners will provide clean towels, and make your bed each day if you leave the card on the door.
On arrival, we had a bottle of cava and macaroons - a nice touch. However, it would be good to have water replenished in the fridge for all inclusive guests.

The food options are the main restaurant for breakfast - lots of options, but it can be very busy and noisy at peak times - better to sit outside. Then for lunch, the beach bar and the restaurant. We had good / ok experiences. In the beach bar, you can either have the buffet or order from a menu with some dishes 50% discounted and others included in All Inclusive. Drinks service was slow. There needs to be more staff to ask for orders when you're sat by the pool. Most 4*\5* resorts do this, and it shouldn't be a "Level" privilege.

In the evening, there's the BBQ by the pool, the main restaurant and the Al a Carte. The best food we had was the al a carte (but we paid extra for fillet steak) and the BBQ was also good, but the service was slow as the staff were so busy. If you're there for a week or longer, you will probably want to eat out a few times.

The Blue Lounge was great for drinks in the evening - we loved the sangria! There are amazing views of Adeje and some great entertainment - singers, a saxophonist and great bands. The waiters are also great - Salem was always very friendly & professional and service was very good.

I haven't given 5 stars, as we had to move rooms and even though we'd arrived at 12:30, our room wasn't available until after 3:30pm - after the official check in time.
We also didn't book the level as it's no longer adults only, and as all-inclusive, it wasn't worth the 30€pp per day to use a different pool.

However, if you stay here, you'll have a fantastic holiday - it's a wonderful resort and the staff work very hard. We would definitely return!

Thanks Melia Jardines del Tiede.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Char_L_Kyle_M
Ruth P, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Melia Jardines del Teide, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Char_L_Kyle_M,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking your time and write and share your experience at Meliá Jardines del Teide with all the Tripadvisor users.

We are really glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay and we have taken note of the small niggles that you explain on your review in order to keep improving our services day by day.