“Lovely spot”

Ranked #22 of 240 Restaurants in Corfu Town
Price range: US$21 - US$47
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: In the heart of the old town of Corfu, we like to suggest you the Italian restaurant and pizzeria Aglio e Olio Da Giovanni. During your holidays on Corfu island you can't miss a visit to the old town, amazing during the day and romantic during the night. Right in the center of Corfu old town, near the Liston and the "Spianada" you can find the Italian restaurant pizzeria Da Giovanni. Placed just next to the famous Kavalieri Hotel, the restaurant will offer you the choice to eat inside or to seat under the trees having your meal surrounded by the city park. Da Giovanni in Corfu island is a traditional Italian restaurant where you can taste all the most famous dishes of the Italian gastronomic tradition such as spaghetti alla carbonara, alla matriciana, lasagne and a good variety of risotti. If you like to start your dinner with a particular starter, at Giovanni restaurant, you will find a selection of Italian salami and prosciutto, traditional Italian bruschetta and a delicious plate of ham from Parma and melon. Here Da Giovanni Aglio e Olio you can choose between a wide choice of Italian wines or you can have a nice cold beer eating your home made pizza. There is also a large variety of sweets as ice cream, panna cotta or the home made chocolate souffle, The bread is made every day fresh, the limoncello is home made and the staff is always friendly and polite.
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We came on the recommendation of taxi driver, certainly not disappointed!

We sat on the balcony sun setting, birds flying over head with a view of the water. We had some lovely food, wine, very nice location and good service. Would certainly recommend!

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

I love pizza, but are disappointed most of time visiting different places around . I met owner when I passed by earlier
In the day. I told him about my issue and he invited me to try the same evening. I did and was satisfied.
I tried the pizza Daviolo. Perfect . Thin, crispy around the edge and not a "lake" of sauce in the middle. Just enough hot for my taste. Love it.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Visited the place with my family (wife & 2 kids) an evening in late July. Not very crowded when we got there so no problem on settling on a table - staff helpful to accommodate us.
We ordered a pizza (good), pasta with squid ink (average), pasta with tomato sauce (indifferent) and a mushroom risotto which was the worse risotto we ever tasted! we had to give the plate back after having a very small taste of it. they didn't care to even ask what the problem was with the specific dish, let alone offering not to charge us for it.
we paid for the whole order (slightly on the high side I would assume but i would guess within the reasonable range for the city center which can be very busy). by the time we left late in the evening the place was almost packed and the staff was struggling to manage - we had to wait 15'-20' to get our check. don't think I will visit again.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Nice atmosphere and delicious pizzas,spaghettis and starters with a nice wine.There is a very nice garden outside and balcony with 3 tables outside.very nice place to eat lunch or dinner must seen

1  Thank paradisos65
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

very good resurant! great stuff and tasty food! we ate pizza and pasta and it was wonderful. also arived quickly.