“Lunch in Little Italy”

Ranked #21 of 252 Restaurants in Corfu Town
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: In the heart of the old town of Corfu, we like to suggest you the Italian restaurant and pizzeria Aglio e Olio Da Giovanni. During your holidays on Corfu island you can't miss a visit to the old town, amazing during the day and romantic during the night. Right in the center of Corfu old town, near the Liston and the "Spianada" you can find the Italian restaurant pizzeria Da Giovanni. Placed just next to the famous Kavalieri Hotel, the restaurant will offer you the choice to eat inside or to seat under the trees having your meal surrounded by the city park. Da Giovanni in Corfu island is a traditional Italian restaurant where you can taste all the most famous dishes of the Italian gastronomic tradition such as spaghetti alla carbonara, alla matriciana, lasagne and a good variety of risotti. If you like to start your dinner with a particular starter, at Giovanni restaurant, you will find a selection of Italian salami and prosciutto, traditional Italian bruschetta and a delicious plate of ham from Parma and melon. Here Da Giovanni Aglio e Olio you can choose between a wide choice of Italian wines or you can have a nice cold beer eating your home made pizza. There is also a large variety of sweets as ice cream, panna cotta or the home made chocolate souffle, The bread is made every day fresh, the limoncello is home made and the staff is always friendly and polite.
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We stopped here as close to hotel for a late lunch. We shared pizza and salad with a half carafe of local rose. Very good food and great staff. Only 4 stars because quite close to traffic. Top end of the Spianada near the Old Fort.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

In brief, we had great food in Da Giovanni. The pizzas are amazing, they even have vegan and gluten-free options which is quite something for Corfu.
The owner' s attention to the clients is always something to be appreciated. So, thank you, Giovanni for a lovely meal.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had wonderful pizzas at Da Giovanni! We were looking for a place with vegan options, and we found it here. True Italian pizza, and we know it as we’re Italian. ;)

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We came on the recommendation of taxi driver, certainly not disappointed!

We sat on the balcony sun setting, birds flying over head with a view of the water. We had some lovely food, wine, very nice location and good service. Would certainly recommend!

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

I love pizza, but are disappointed most of time visiting different places around . I met owner when I passed by earlier
In the day. I told him about my issue and he invited me to try the same evening. I did and was satisfied.
I tried the pizza Daviolo. Perfect . Thin, crispy around the edge and not a "lake" of sauce in the middle. Just enough hot for my taste. Love it.