“Distinctly average”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Everything about this place was distinctly average. The food was edible but that’s probably the nicest thing I can say. The staff were slow and uninterested, we had to ask three times for the bill! They weren’t even busy!
There are so many better places to eat in Corfu, if you’re at all into your food don’t waste one of your meals here.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

While going around the old streets of Corfu ,we stumbled upon this small restaurant . The location and service was good but the food was just average . I ordered a traditional greek dish #Souflite which was very saulty and i ended up eating only the cheese plater & bread . Very disappointing and overpriced.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Very tasty food and friendly staff. When we were here, the temperature was 43 degree celcius (in the shadow) and I was a little ill in the heat. The friendly staff brought me some watermelon to feel better.

Thank you for fantastic service!

Reviewed 24 January 2018

My wife and l have been in Corfu for a few nights in the last week. We found this place by chance when walking round at lunchtime. It was one of the few restaurants open in Corfu Town in the middle of Winter. Once inside - you do not want to sit outside in January! - it was obvious that this restaurant has history. The main dining room is spacious and airy. It is decorated in an older style with large mirrors and heavy frames. The tables have table cloths and heavy cutlery. It is a place that makes you think of tradition and stability. We were the only non-Greeks in the room. It wasn't busy but the other diners appeared to be regulars. This is always a good sign. Our waiter spoke enough English to make up for our poor Greek. He was very good. He told us the bread was very nice and baked on site. We tried some with melitzanosalata (Aubergine dip) It was more than nice. Crusty, fresh and with an amazing flavour. (5 stars for the bread alone!) The first meal was so good that we had a second lunch there 4 days later. I can recommend it all. The house red, the saganaki, the calamari, the penne carbonara....everything. If wine is not your thing, they serve a selection of the wonderful Corfu Beers. Some of the local regulars were in there again when we returned. The restaurant claims to be the oldest in Corfu Town. Long may it continue.

1  Thank PixAl
Reviewed 18 November 2017

My husband and I enjoyed a delicious dinner here. I rate their Spanakopita as the best I have ever tasted and is so generous one could enjoy it as the main dish, instead of as a starter. Their tuna salad was elegantly prepared and again copious. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive and easy to converse with. My husband loves to practice his Greek, which, I think they appreciated even though everyone here seems very adept at English. Also, from our table, it was fun to people watch from our table situated under the arcades looking onto the large square where all of Corfu town parades in the evening.