“Watching the football in Corfu town”
Review of Brown Cafe

Brown Cafe
Ranked #17 of 26 Coffee & Tea in Corfu Town
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 1 October 2016

Quaint street side cafe with tv for sports. Staff friendly. Offers drinks and snacks like toasties and sandwiches and deserts. Nice position to watch the sports.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

We just wanted somewhere to sit and have a lunchtime drink, but found it was an excellent place to watch the world go by. Everything I had was OK, but didn't look like the menu photos :-)

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Ordered coffee, beer, ice cream.

Coffee tasted like dish water (didnt drunk it) and ice cream not good (it was actually sorbet which my son said was horrid).

Requested bill numerous times - eventually lady came and told us price. We asked for bill as sounded expensive. Refused to give us one ...... I still had menu so went to check, she said what we had wasnt on menu. Also said we had 2 ice creams (not sure where she thought we had hidden the bowl!).

Wouldnt recommend. Visted lots of lovely places - unfortunately this wasnt one.

Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

Walking around the old part of Corfu Town by the docks, an area visited a lot by people off the cruise ships, I came apone what looked like a delitfull tavern. Small but inviting. My partner and I ordered a Greek Coffee and a Milk Shake and waited. A Greek couple came and sat at the table next to us and within a few minutes there order arrived. Eventually our drinks arrived and where DUMPED on the table by a young woman more interested in the conversation she was having with her 3 friends inside the cafe than looking after us. A little later I tried to get the bill but had no joy so I went into the cafe to find a man laying across the couch area, our server sitting in a corner seat by his feet and her other friends sitting at the bar obviously more into each other and not the business. When I eventually got my bill it was made very obvious they felt upset that I was disturbing there private party. I have been going to Corfu for 36 years, some of which living and working and I have found the people very freindy and willing to ensure you enjoy your vacation.
BUT GIVE THIS ONE A MISS.

1  Thank Tony R
Reviewed 29 August 2015

Lovely little cafe to stop and watch as people browse the near by shops. Had a very nice Baileys coffee to wash down my Baklava and ice cream.
We also popped back here a week later for a drink before flying home.
My daughter enjoyed watching the cartoons on the TV outside, we enjoyed it because it was pictures only, no sound.