“Great meal”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 November 2016

We visited yesterday for lunch and enjoyed a delicious meal. We had:- foie gras entree, prawn risotto main, chicken roulade with bacon main, and apricot and pistachio tart (simplified descriptions of each dish). If you visit, you will be assured of delicious food and great service.

2  Thank Graham C

Reviewed 23 October 2016

We had a lovely meal at La Licorne. The food was delicious and service was great. The restaurant has a casual atmosphere (which is a bit at odds with the quality level of the food) As mentioned by other reviewers, the value for the quantity and quality of food you receive, is excellent. I had the lamb shank, which was the best I have ever tasted. The meat was perfectly seasoned and fell off the bone. The only glitch in our meal, was a delay in my husband's dessert, as the macarons were not done baking. When it came to the table, the presentation was somewhat affected as the chocolate in the middle had melted and the macaron had fallen over. My husband said it was still delicious!

Reviewed 19 October 2016

Lunch time, checked TA, and no2 was just 2km. away.
Would never have chosen this place by the look, but what a surprise.
We had 4 times the menu of the day for just 16€, and upgraded two desserts, by recommendation to the Tiramisu.
The food was worth "bib gourmand" in Michelin style, but to half price.
A small place, one prof servant and "the old chef". Waiting time could occur, but if, it's worth every minute.
If ever around, don't miss it.

1  Thank Niceview-dk
Reviewed 22 September 2016

I've noticed this little place for years but largely due to the fact that it overlooks a car park, and is in the middle of a row of shops, I've never been tempted to pay a visit. However, a friend of mine recently mentioned how great the chef is and the fact that he'd previously worked at the Martinez in Cannes or the perhaps it was the Negresco in Nice??? And so I decided to drop by for lunch. When I saw the prices, I thought I'd got the wrong place. €12 for the plat de jour? Surely can't be the same place... I ordered three courses for €16 and as soon as the first course arrived I realised I'd stumbled upon a 'gem'! Fabulous food, great service and a totally unpretentious chef. Ignore the surroundings and GO VISIT! Best value on the Cote d'azur!

2  Thank juliehfrance
Reviewed 18 September 2016

A really nice restaurant with easy parking (municipal car park opposite!). The outdoor area (next to the car park), is not ideal, albeit we ate indoors on a very wet evening. A limited menu, but all cooked and presented really well. The starters of scallops (perfectly cooked) and the mixed grilled vegetables were delicious. Mains were fish (St Pierre) and lamp shank, also excellent, washed down with local carafe of very acceptable rose wine. Highly recommend the restaurant.