Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$167
US$190
US$410
US$384
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$167
Hotels.com
US$740
US$308
US$255
US$238
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$392
US$329
  • Breakfast included
Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa(Playa Maroma)
US$475
Kin Sol Soleil(Playa Maroma)
US$350
US$314
5,575 results
All reviewsiberostar paraisowave poolseafoodla marinalazy riversnake barla geishasuperior suitelindo buffetel tapatioprivate poolstar friendskids clubspecialty restaurantsfrench restaurantfamily vacationother resorts
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Many pools in the premises are not cleaned or maintained
A/C in room very nosy and stop and starts too frequently
we had over 300 rooms taken by our group, could not get an extension of 1.5 hrs. in check out
food was plentiful, variety huge but not really exciting

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
2  Thank Yoram_22-7-52
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Paraiso Maya to spend your recent vacation.

It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the flavors and the variety of our gastronomic offer.

On the other hand, we would like to mention that before our guests’ arrival, housekeeping and maintenance departments verify that everything is working properly and that everything in the room is in optimum conditions; the same procedures are followed with the pools and the common areas respectively, as we work under the highest quality standards. We offer you a sincere apology if you founded any mishaps during your stay, and thank you for bringing this up to our attention.

It is worth to mention that our rooms work with motion sensors in order to save all the electricity as possible according to the Green Globe program that we are glad to be part of. These sensors allow the AC to stop when the temperature is appropriate, however, we kindly ask our guests to call the building concierge so they can assist with any special request and to make sure the AC is working properly.

We hope you can give us the opportunity to host you once again in the near future and provide you the excellent service that characterizes us.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We stayed at the Maya after the original hotel we were visiting closed due to a sickness outbreak.

Pros:
Gorgeous large rooms with whirlpool bath and minibar stocked daily.
Staff are all lovely - from the Maids to the waiters/waitresses/bar staff. All very friendly and genuine smiles and always working hard.
Pools are all a good temperature and plenty of them so lots of room
Wave pool was a huge hit with the kids
Japanese restaurant food was really good and a some great show cooking (we had an early booking so were served first) I know other guests had a later booking and felt that they had to wait to long to get there food so bare this in mind if you want to catch the show that evening.
Seafood restaurant was fab (had to wait a while but I didn't mind when the food was served red hot) and we were constantly supplied with drinks.
Beach was beautiful and clean and the water was lovely and warm. Never had an issue getting a sunbed.
LOVE LOVE LOVE the wildlife and how they are widely accepted by the hotel. They made my sons holiday.
The hotel is stunning and the details breathtaking - lovely to walk around with all the high ceiling and water features.
Branded drinks and always bottled water available
Towels changed whenever you wanted

Cons:
Food :( We have done the past 5 years with First choice holiday village all over Europe/Tunisia all inclusive and have never had an issue with the food. However the food at the Maya was cold/luke warm most of the time unless you had the meat/fish cooked fresh.
Very basic choice in the buffet. I know there is a lot on offer but we have been used to having big theme nights and lots of different dishes/stir fries etc.
Kids usual favorites i.e nuggets and fish fingers were gross. Fish fingers were almost ALWAYS cold and the nuggets could smash a window they were that hard. The kids lived on chips the entire time - which 7/10 we had to wait for as they always seemed to go empty with nobody there to manage refills. (there was only a small tray to begin with).
We attended the Mexican restaurant which had a lovely atmosphere but even the food they served was cold and had to be sent back (they weren't even busy- maybe this was the problem).
The room service was exciting to us as it was 24/7 but every time it came it was again cold :( after 4 days you get sick of complaining so give up. After a week I was just put off eating anything other than salad/chips
They ABSOLUTLEY need more staff to manage the restaurants and a manager or sub chef who can monitor the food that is out and/or being served. This is a 5* after all??
The pools started getting really dirty after the first week, debris everywhere including empty water bottles (very off putting when swimming underwater with goggles so you can clearly see what is in there).
I did see guys around the pool with nets but again they need to concentrate more staff to keep this in check.
The Jacuzzi's in the main pool stunk - went in once and didn't go back - they were always empty ( this should of been a clue not to try them)
PRICES: $5 for crisps in the onsite shop and $5 for bucket and spade for the kids. As you cant go to a local shop this was shocking to us.

KIDS CLUB - considering my sons have spent the last 5 years loving the kids club at previous holidays, they didn't attend once. Seemed very unorganized and not much fun for the older kids (10-12). The times were always messed up so we would attend beach soccer to find it wasn't on and the table tennis tournament turned out just to be a couple of games - no effort put into keeping scores etc. I wouldn't of left my kids anyway if they were younger. Maybe we have just been spoiled with previous holidays.

All this said we did have an amazing holiday, I think this was down to us going with other members of our family as I think I would have been more disappointed if our company wasn't so good. I wanted to leave an honest review.
As this is a destination/hotel where you plan on spending most of your holiday they really need to improve the food and kids clubs. Maybe then this really could be a holiday you would want to return to.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Msladywells
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Paraiso Maya to spend your recent vacation.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed the kindliness of our staff, our beautiful facilities and the exotic wildlife roaming around the resort. Your comments are really important to encourage our team to keep on the good work.

On the other hand, we regret to read that the food was not of your liking. Our Chefs are always in a continuous research to provide our guests with the ultimate culinary experience and it is with great concern that we read we were not able to achieve this during your stay. Our Executive Chef daily supervises that the food is being prepared with the highest levels of hygiene and quality according to standards, with fresh disinfected ingredients, since the moment it is prepared to the moment we deliver it to our guests, nevertheless, we do not take your comments and observations lightly and we will forward them to our Food and Beverage department.

We appreciate you have shared your feedback with us, as it is are our most reliable source of information and it help us to be aware of the areas were we need to improve.

It will be an honor for us to welcome you and your family once again for your next holidays to the Riviera Maya.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

We are a family of 7 - 2 adults and 5 kids who are 12, 11, 8, 5 and 1. We stayed at the Maya Oct 1 - Oct 12. We have stayed at this resort numerous times, both at the Maya and the Lindo and as always had a phenomenal time!!

First, I need to give a shout out to Frank who runs the kids club. My little guy is pretty shy at best and doesn't make friends easily. Frank became his "bro" for our time there and my son smiled more than I've seen in a long time. The kids shows have also changed and they are way more fun and exciting!!!! THANK YOU FRANK!!! For making Noah's week - as well as making all of my kids smile. We will return again, and likely sooner than we would have because of how much fun they had with you guys. .

Our concierge - Nestor was also great!!! We had an issue night 2 and he was right there and SO sweet, helping take care of things quickly. Always friendly, smiling, and making sure we had everything we needed.

The food, as always was great!!! Gabriel, from the buffet on the maya side was also great. He knew what he needed before we did. My little baby can be a bit of a messy eater, and I always felt bad. Gabriel always had a smile and an "its ok miss!!"

Pools and beach - also always beautiful. We had no issues with the chairs and people reserving. The wifi was the best it's ever been. The rooms were always clean and our made Rosario was always there, making sure everything was cleaned and restocked first thing.

We love this resort. Lindo is always nice, we prefer the maya, it's worth the upgrade. But no matter where you stay, they always make you feel like family, like you're at home and that is priceless. We have stayed at other resorts, and have been to Atlantis in the Bahamas but we always come back here because we've never found a place to make us feel more at home. Thank you Iberostar Family, and we will be back, soon!!!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Robynf22
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing IBEORSTAR Paraiso Maya to spend your vacation.

It is a great honor to read that our hotel is now your second home, we truly appreciate your kind loyalty.

Thank you so much for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us, we are so happy to read that the efforts of our colleagues, Frank, Nestor, Gabriel and Rosario made you feel like you were at home. Your comments encourage us to keep doing our best to make sure that our guests will have the best vacation experience.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon at your second home IBEROSTAR Paraiso Maya.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Long but hopefully helpful....My husband and I vacationed at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya Oct. 7-14, 2017. Since we were celebrating our retirements, I contacted the resort to request a building and the first two nights a la carte restaurants. I received a lovely email that they would do their best to accommodate our request for building and was given my restaurant reservations for the first 2 nights. We booked with our travel agent at Trip Surfer Vacations through Apple.

We were met with cool drinks at reception. Building 60, as I requested, with bell boys to take us and our luggage in a golf cart. The gentleman who took care of us (Damiani?) explained where we could get food as we were so hungry. Our room was ready which was wonderful! We ate at the buffet near the pool which was ok. Our concierge for most of the week was Marie, a true gem! She booked the rest of our dinner reservations for us, arranged our room temp to be lowered, checked on our room cleaning, and answered every single question with sincere desire to be helpful. We also were assisted by Karen and Oscar as concierges for our building 60. They all made us feel as though we were their only guests! Anytime we wanted to go anywhere, they called for a cart, which came within minutes most of the time.

We ate at the steakhouse, El Rancho, that night where I met the chef and asked him about sugar free dessert options. Chef Giovanni Acosta became my dessert guru! Anywhere I ate, all week, he created a special sugar free dessert for me (Chef Yazmin covered two days he was off). I was so touched to receive such genuine attention for my dietary needs! Never have I ever been catered to like this!!

We ate at El Rancho twice, Japanese hibachi, La Marina twice, Jumbalaya Cajun at the Lindo, and the French gourmet. Wonderful food, fantastic staff, interesting choices...I could go on and on. Hands down, favorite foods were the lobster tail/tenderloin combo at the steakhouse and the blackened grouper at Jumbalaya. Anywhere I could find grouper, I was in heaven! Again, every dinner was topped off with a special dessert presented by Giovanni! Yummy!!

Our room was wonderful! I absolutely loved the huge bathroom complete with Jacuzzi tub and separate standing shower. Always plenty of towels! Since there was a door separating the main room from the bathroom/entryway/closet area, I could get up early get around without disturbing my husband. I frequently got up before sunrise to hit the beach. It was very safe for me to walk there (within 5 min) and I was comfortable watching the glorious sunrises under a palapa on a lounger.

Breakfast buffets were open at the lobby and out by the pool. Ate at both, more options near lobby, but our proximity to the pool end buffets was a no-brainer (2 minutes). Eggs, omelettes, bacon always a winner. My husband also enjoyed French toast, waffles, pastries as well.

We loved the Snake Bar and our favorite bartender Jose! He made us feel like friends from the start. We met lots of new friends there and enjoyed before and after dinner drinks. Most of the Maya restaurants are located just off the Snake Bar. There's a nice shop by there, a coffee cafe with pastries, all located right off the Maya lobby. Very easy to navigate!

The pools were amazing and fun! Lots of loungers available under palapas or not. Entertainment starts late morning into early afternoon, then a break, then revved up late afternoon with wild games for kids and adults. Exercises in the pool were so fun. Congrats to Sam for his first water aerobics class with our group of ladies. He did great! Ricardo hustled at the swim up bar to make great drinks quickly. Elizabeth was a poolside waitress who was very sweet and took care of me with a smile every time.

The beach took my breath away from day one to the last moment. Soft sandy beach, very clean with beautiful turquoise waters! Thee first couple days the surf was very strong with undertow, but it calmed down and was wonderful. Other resorts may have calmer waters, but the Maya's beach was probably the nicest we have seen in the RM. Loads of lounger and palapas, beach bar, food available (hot dogs, burgers, nuggets, potatoes, and sometimes tacos or jambalaya prepared on the beach). You can walk quite a ways on the length of beach.

We enjoyed the spa for a bit. You are allowed wet areas included with Maya. The different temperature Jacuzzis were pretty cool with jets in some and in water concrete loungers. The indoor pool was nice but with the outdoor pools, it wasn't a place for us to hang out very long. Very kind staff there, quite helpful!

We did a little shopping at the plaza which was not busy at all, surprisingly. Several shops, a taco place, ice cream (foods included no cost).

Our room was always cleaned beautifully with lovely towel art and curtain art! Yes, it's a thing!! If we wanted our room cleaned at a certain time, our concierge would make a call! The mini fridge was stocked with our requested beverages. When the first fridge broke down, it was replaced within the hour. Then that one was also not working so they put a third one in (We never knew the second one was faulty, the maids discovered, took care of it and the concierge told us).

Overall, the Iberostar Paraiso Maya moved to the top of my list for our all-inclusive vacations. The number one reason? Staff! Hands down, BEST group of people I have ever encountered on vacation! They all seemed to truly enjoy doing what they do and making sure our vacation was perfect in every way.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Nancy S
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Paraiso Maya to spend your recent holidays.

It is fulfilling to know that you had an amazing time and that we were able to create a memorable experience for you through our friendly service and exquisite gastronomy.

Your words motivate us to continue improving and keep contributing to our guests' happiness. We will make sure to share your comments with our team especially with ones you mentioned who were an important part of your fantastic holidays.

We look forward to see you again at your second home in the Riviera Maya, IBEROSTAR Paraiso Maya.

Best regards,

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Had a great time here mid October. First arranged transportation thru Best Transfers (TA reviewer) which was very reasonable for 7 of us and great service. I needed a mobility scooter which was rented thru playa mobility. Excellent service with scooter waiting for us at the Maya. Check in was a breeze but I felt staff neglected to tell us of the benefits of staying at Maya as you can use the spa, the many dining
Options available & the use of other resorts. It is extremely important to book specialty restaurants on arrival as reservations impossible or nearly on daily basis. The buffets are mediocre but plenty of choices, good service and clean. Towels are issued on daily basis in pool area but was told also on beach but I never found it there. The beach is gorgeous but as said before loungers are hard to get unless very early or late afternoon.Rides from area to area are plentiful & drivers super friendly. Our parties stayed in 60 &61 which had jungle view & room was very clean & well stocked. I loved the place. I enjoyed the mall & the tacos the best! I have never stayed at an all inclusive. The drinks not so good if mixed but beer was cold. Higher premium liquor at Maya.There was a 3yo who liked the wave pool & lazy river. In addition 2 kids area. At night (630p) in the mall a carousel, bounce house, play area along with ice cream, crepes & cotton candy all inclusive. We wished we had stayed longer! Would I go back yes!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jedeye66
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Paraiso Maya to spend your recent vacation.

It is great to read that you and your family truly enjoyed your room and facilities at the shopping center, such as the Taco restaurant. Thank you for sharing all your nice comments with us.

On the other hand, we would like to mention that we do have a towel center at the beach located next to the Beach Club area with white cabanas. We apologize if you did not receive all the information about all the services and extra benefits that our guests can enjoy, during your check in process our Front Desk mentions this information, however our Concierge can gladly assist you at all times with any questions or requests you may have during your stay.

Nevertheless rest assured that we will share your feedback with our Department Manager in order to keep improving our services.

We are happy to know that you will return and we will be waiting to see you back soon.