My family and I (husband, inlaws, and our 4 year old son) recently returned from a wonderful 7 night trip to the Paraiso Maya! My husband and I have stayed at the Iberostar Paraiso Beach several times and love it, but decided to upgrade to the Maya for this trip, mainly because we were taking our son for the first time. I wasn't convinced the upgrade was worth it in the beginning as we loved paraiso beach so much, but in the end we decided that we will return to the Maya.
Differences over Paraiso Beach: everything was just grander and more elegant over all. We also loved being able to eat at a restaurant every night, as we do tend to get tired of buffet food after a few days. The Maya and Lindo pool has a children's pirate ship/water park area and our son really enjoyed that. Also, the beds were much softer and more comfortable on the Maya side
Food: We much preferred the buffet at La Marina (near the lobby) for breakfast over the buffet closer to the pool (El Fogon). For restaurants we went to: Steakhouse, Seafood, Japanese (twice), Brazilian, and Gourmet. All were wonderful; however, I think my favorite meals of the trip were from the taco shop at the Shopping Center. The crepes at the shopping center are phenomenal as well! We also enjoyed having more premium brands of alcohol staying at the Maya.
Entertainment: I was pleased to find the entertainment was overall much better than our last visit in 2012. The staff work so hard at organizing activities throughout the day, and we enjoyed heading to the theater after dinner.
Service: One of the main reasons we keep choosing this resort! Service is always impeccable, all of the staff are extremely hospitable, everyone we encountered from the concierge to the grounds keepers was friendly and greeted us with a smile. It's a large resort, but people will remember you and greet you by name, and even remember your drink order! (Federico at the pool bar is wonderful and so hard working!)
Cons: Really the only downside to the Maya for me were that they didn't have the large covered palapa beds that they have by the pool on the Beach/Del Mar side. Obviously not a huge deal because we still had access to that part of the resort, but we thoroughly enjoy the palapas and wished we had them on the Maya/Lindo side as well.
I know this resort has had some negative press recently, but we have been here several times and have had nothing short of wonderful experiences each and every time! In fact, we are leery to even go anywhere else because we know we are guaranteed to have a perfect vacation at Iberostar! We can't wait to return next year, and started planning our return trip on our way home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of Playa Paraiso (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Mexico - Riviera Maya