My husband & I stayed at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya 11/3/17 – 11/10/17. This was our 14th visit to the IB Paraiso. I have several longer detailed reviews about the Maya on TripAdvisor from our previous stays. This one I will try to keep short.
Why do we keep returning? The service, amenities, lush grounds, beach area, restaurants and most important the warm and caring staff.
Foam Pool Party – We are in our 60’s and this was fun, fun, fun!
Gourmet L’Etoile – Salmon & Lobster Timbal for me. Husband loved the duck.
La Marina dinner buffet – Salmon stuffed with seaweed, duck, crab claws, prawns, & almond vinaigrette
La Marina ala carte – Lobster for me and husband had the lobster & steak
Breakfast at La Marina – fresh made omelets. Jazmin the egg lady remembered my preferences! Banana milk, coconut mango bread, fresh fruits & fresh fruit juices
Lunch – Lindo buffet or the poolside restaurants – guacamole, fish, fresh fruit, tomato chicken. Husband had a pork chop each day and he said it was very tender.
The food is very good and a big variety. I do not eat red meat and there were plenty of fish and veggie dishes to choose from. Husband had pork, beef, duck, bacon, Mexican sausage, carved turkey and he said all were very good.
Room – cleaned daily, bed comfortable, A/C great, Wifi in room too. Turn down service each night. For husband’s birthday there was a huge towel art cake and balloons. A few surprises during the week too. Nice touch!!
Pool & Beach – clean and no problem finding loungers. The wave pool area is quiet. Good for a nap or reading or just relaxing. The towel cart came around each afternoon by a StarFriend. Enjoyed talking with the StarFriends too! Shout out to Cristina, Gabi & May.
Special thanks to management for the birthday surprises and kindness!!!! Enjoyed meeting the new management and visiting with the ones we met prior trips.
Special thanks to Jose at the Maya StarCafe for the smiles, Chef Giovani, servers Manual & Jonathon at La Marina dinner ala carte, egg ladies & servers Jazmin & Christabella, Concierge Israel & IT specialist Jose. Always a pleasure to see and speak with Victor the manager of El Tapatio. Enjoyed catching up with Laura in PR, a very kind person.
There are so many of the staff that I would like to thank personally, but do not have everyone’s name. I can truly say all staff went out of their way to make our vacation special. Getting ready for visit #15!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of Playa Paraiso (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Mexico - Riviera Maya