29 people are viewing this hotel
eDreamsUS$477
PricelineUS$370
TravelocityUS$469
14,890 results
All reviews martini bar health bar santa fe swim up room k team sand bags fuentes pool la isla pool greenhouse tour casitas section wine pairing outdoor shower culinary theatre jo jos spot restaurant d'italia casitas personal concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited in February 2021 for our 8th Anniversary and of all the traveling that we've done, this was hands down the best yet! From the moment we arrived, the staff was friendly and courteous, willing to help with most anything and everything! Our Casitas pool bar server, Jovany, was awesome!! We had one small blip, not a big problem really at all, but the maître d' was there in an instant to make it even better. Amazing! Sure, it was a bit windy at times and the giant concrete blocks in the water leave a bit to be desired, but absolutely beautiful nonetheless! From start to finish, this was A+. All restaurants were open, easily booked if necessary and food exceeded expectations. I sure as heck hope we can go back again!

Room tip: Work out an upgrade to the Casitas, you'll be happy!
Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Where do I begin? Starting at check-in, I knew that this was going to be an extraordinary experience. I only have two negative remarks regarding El Dorado Royale, 1.) They don’t have liquor for the minibars in the rooms 2.) The Mojito that was brought to me during check-in was awful. Everything else was above and beyond outstanding.
-My Concierges were Carolina and Jacob, who went above and beyond to make sure that my stay was incredible. I mentioned my dissatisfaction with no liquor being in my swim-up room and Jacob got me a bottle of Don Julio.
-Pedro at Martini Bar makes a mean French Connection, which I was grateful for. Martini Bar has an incredible chill vibe and all of the staff there are incredible.
-La Isla Restaurant has the best breakfast in Mexico! Don’t @ me! The French Toast tasted like Cinnamon Toast Crunch...INCREDIBLE!!! Roberto’s service was impeccable. As soon as he saw me walk in, he brought me mimosas.
-My main man Ortiz over at the La Isla pool swim-up bar...He is the man! His absent was immediately noticeable on the day he was off. The bar didn’t feel the same. Ortiz makes the best Chocolate Martinis! He also let me make up my own drink, that I named El Dorado. It consists of Kettle One Vodka, Tanqueray, pineapple juice, and a splash of seltzer.
-Victor at La Isla pool made sure that all of the pool volleyball games were competitive and fun.
-The food at Santa Fe Restaurant was incredible! The ambiance was great. The layout of the restaurant was really cool, with a wine cellar positioned in the middle of the restaurant dining room.
-I loved how the golf carts were coming around every 15 to 20 minutes and they had designated pick-up areas...almost like a bus stop for the golf carts.
-Fuentes...OH MY GOODNESS!!! Singlehandedly the most INCREDIBLE dining experience of my life...First of all...I want to talk about the fact that they had a decorated chef AND a Sommelier! It was a 5 course meal dining experience with incredible wine pairings for each dish. The show was unlike anything that I’ve ever witnessed in my life! So much fun!

I did not want to leave. I’m trying to convince all of my family and friends to experience El Dorado Royale at least ONCE in their lifetime. I told them that they are welcomed, in advance.

I will DEFINITELY be visiting El Dorado Royale again...but only if swim-up rooms are available. Without question, the best and most enjoyable vacation that I’ve ever taken!

Room tip: Do yourself a favor and get a swim-up room.
Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This place does not disappoint once again. Every year we travel a few times and staying there. Top-notch customer service, beautiful grounds, caring staff. Excellent overall.
Huge thanks to our battlers Candido, Adriana and Gabi from Presidential Villas. You made our stay feel like home! Every detail, every request were met with a smile and "of course we will make it happen":) We miss your attention and your friendly smiles. So much looking forward to see you again soon.
Esther in Palms - what could be better then a cup of latter brought by you with your smile in the morning:)
And all other people who make the resort absolutely exceptional place - Thank you!

Date of stay: March 2021
Karisma Hotels, General Manager at El Dorado Royale by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hola! Dear ON4Ever,

Thank you so much for rating us with the 5 stars award and for taking the time to write such a nice review of your experience at our premises.

It feels really good to acknowledge, through your words, that all our efforts to achieve our guests’ satisfaction have been worth it.

We are looking forward to welcome you back again at El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma, your Mexican Home.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The whole staff was really helpful and friendly. Always very attentive. From Aracely, Perfecto, Lazaro, Wenceslao to name a few. The resort was very clean and well maintained. I would definitely go again!

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hola! Dear Cdh7hdc,

Thank you very much for your recent visit and lovely comments on TripAdvisor.

We will address your kindly comments with all our staff.

Hopefully, we will have the pleasure of welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2021

This was my second trip to the El Dorado Royale and it was just as, if not more spectacular than my first! I just returned from my seven day visit with my girlfriend Brittany and my family; Susan, Camille, Andrea & Jeremy. We had a wonderful week, full of perfect weather, wonderful food, spectacular amenities and of course exceptional service. We enjoyed ocean-side cocktails, wonderful walks through the beautiful hotel grounds and delicious meals from pool side restaurants to fine dining at night. All of the resorts COVID procedures were incredibly accommodating, comfortable and professional. And while all of this was to be expected, I needed to leave a review this visit specifically to thank our butlers, Alvaro and Alfredo. These gentlemen went above and beyond all week to tend to literally EVERYthing that Brittany and I could have wanted or needed. From fresh flowers in our room, to room service breakfast delivered promptly every morning. All of our reservations and excursion plans were booked perfectly and they were in constant contact all week. It would not have been the same without their continued accommodating kindness and their attention to detail. Cannot wait to go back hopefully next year! Never wanted to leave!

Date of stay: April 2021
Karisma Hotels, General Manager at El Dorado Royale by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear tarynelise324
Thank you for your wonderful review of your experiences at El Dorado Royale Riviera Maya, a SPA resort by Karisma , it was a pleasure to host your vacation and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your Karisma experience.

There is nothing more rewarding than to receive the praise from our valued guests and we will certainly share your experiences with our employees. We are very happy to hear that the staff mentioned had such a positive effect on your visit and they will be rewarded for their efforts.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to the El Dorado Royale Riviera Maya, a SPA resort by Karisma