US$259
Michalis Studios & Apartments(Psalidi)(Great Value!)
US$44
US$227
US$192
US$159
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$178/night.

US$234
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
1,032 results
All reviewsanimation teamplenty of sunbedskos townthe busdeluxe roommini golfboth breakfast and dinnerswim up barhalf boardmini barjacuzzi bathevening entertainmenttennis courtsparadise beachhired bikeslovely hotelwater polo
Reviewed 18 September 2017

We stayed for a week in September our first impressions of the hotel were promising set back from the main road and looked like a large castle. Check in was smooth and porters take your bags for you. We got upgraded to a family room which was a nice touch as this room had more space. The room was nice with a nice terrace clean and comfy apart from the aircon which was hopeless we were at the back of the complex so fortunately the room didn't get that hot. 2 very large cold pools to chill out in 1 with a large jacuzzi which was nice to sit in swim up pool bar and seperate snack bar for lunches etc. Food in the main restaurant was very good if a little lukewarm at times with plenty of choices for every taste, Breakfast was particularly good all meals have waiter service and for the most part are friendly however 1 young male waiter never spoke or looked at you direct all the while he was on service which I think is rude.Reception staff were very friendly if they were female however some male reception staff were very unhelpful and aloof.So onto the worst part of this hotel is they charge for absolutely everything and i do mean everything Towels,Sunbeds on the beach,Tennis court use bring a fat wallet with you. They don't like you using their fridge in the room so expect you to pay £2.40 for a bottle of water when down the road it is 50p scandalous ripping off of the tourist so be warned take plenty of money with you to pay for things that should be included in your price. 1 point to note if your in block 5 is that the garden sprinklers come on at 5AM and soak your terrace so don't leave anything out to dry overnight as it will be soaked. Having stayed all over the world i would say this hotel is 4/5 marked down only for the blatant charges for things that should be free and some rude staff and poor aircon.

Room Tip: Avoid block 5 due to garden sprinklers
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mp3god
Reviewed 17 September 2017

We returned to the Platanista for a second year two week holiday and were not disappointed. We paid the extra for a Deluxe Room and feel that it was worth it. On our previous visit we had got married in Kos so returned for our First Anniversary. We had an amazing welcome from hotel staff with a special mention for our cleaners in block 660 - lovely ladies. Maria could not do enough for us and welcomed us like family on our return. The Pool Bar Taverna serves amazing food with friendly welcoming team. I loved the free taster massage but felt that the prices were quite high although the lady from the Spa tried her very best each day to encourage guests to join them. The drinks are a little pricey which meant we frequently left the hotel for lunch with a small Taverna at the bottom of the hill offering much better value for money on the drinks. We will return to Platanista as we love the hotel, the welcome and the fantastic offering of food each day - you can't fault it if you look past the price of drinks.....x

Room Tip: We upgraded to a Deluxe room and were not disappointed = Room 660
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank C5350YMsueh
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I am still on holiday at Platanista hotel, I usually post a review when I get home in my lunch hour at work, but felt compelled to write it now whilst sitting on the balcony watching the sun rise.
My review is a mixed bag. First, this is classed as a 4.5 star hotel, in my opinion the cleaning of the rooms, pools and hotel grounds are 4.5 but everything else is 3 star.
The dining room deco is clinically white and has zero atmosphere. I have three more days here and to be honest I wish I could eat for the rest of my stay in a small restaurant with a smiling waiter and not feel like an ant scurrying back and forth gathering my drink/bread roll/milk for my cup of tea/fruit/toast - you get the picture.
The food is nice, just nice. This hotel feels like it wants to extract as much money from you at every turn. I understand you have to pay for a game of tennis (mis-used or lost racquet could be expensive to replace) but a charge for mini-golf? Really? How sad at a 4.5 star hotel. Pool towel €3.50, what? €5 for a sunbed and umbrella on their "private beach". (Which actually looks un-inviting and rundown ) come on Platanista!
Now for my day one mini-bar story. It was well stocked but as I was not intending to drink alcohol, eat the nuts or pay the inflated prices for a small bottle of water I removed these and put them on the shelf next to the fridge. I put my purchased water (from the local shop) some yogurts and my emergency ration of chocolate in there. Wrong! The mini-bar Police were on to me (they check the fridge every morning apparently) and left me a note to "see Reception" where I was told off and made to remove my items and replace the alcohol. I asked because I don't drink, if these items could be removed, but the computer said "No"! In my defiance, the yogurt and chocolate is squeezed amongst their cans of beer and their nuts are still on the shelf!
Daily activities are plentiful, the team ask if you would like to join them and do not badger you to say yes. Evening entertainment is not that good, but my daughter and I entertained ourselves with card games, downloaded films etc.
The hotel location is ok, bus service into Kos town ok, rooms ok, overall experience ok. Just ok on about everything to do with the hotel. Thomson rep was unenthusiastic and seemed disinterested, she divulged the fact this was her first season in the job so maybe in time she will fall in love with the area and Kos itself then this will show in her welcome presentation.
Trip to Zia and Kos town worthwhile. Although it was sad to see the devastation caused by the recent earthquake.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank 66Seahorse66
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Just returned from 11 nights at the Planatista and thoroughly enjoyed it. Good food (if a little predictable) and well presented. The hotel is very clean and well staffed, the pool areas have plenty of beds with no need to reserve. The animation team is superb, they work extremely hard and when not involved with one of the many activities, intermingle with the guests to great effect. There are four bars of which two are open in the evenings. The outdoor bar, where the main entertainments take place, is run by Spartak, an excellent guy who works his butt off. The indoor bar is run by Dimitrios who is one of the funniest barmen I have had the pleasure to meet, he keeps his customers well entertained with his humour and his ability to remember names is exceptional. The horseshoe bar he runs is well attended and once he has met you he remembers you. When new customers arrive he tells them the names of all present, pointing you out around the bar. He is assisted by Nicolletta who is an absolute delight to speak to and has a beautiful welcoming smile. The service in the restaurant is good with an excellent team waiting on your every need. I have only one small criticism of the Platanista. We like to retire to the room in the hot afternoons for a glass of wine or the like. The television has about 16 channels of which German has the predominance. They have films, news and the two main German channels ARD and ZDF (like our BBC1 and ITV). The only channels in English are news channels, I mentioned this to reception but with a blank response. This does not detract from what otherwise is an excellent hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank MajorTom515
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

The reason I called this review don't go is because I am English
If you are German or Dutch this is the hotel for you.it is run like a Amy camp yes everything is spotlessly clean and tidy but when it comes to dinner the maitre d' is like a drill sergeant and the Constant back and forth to the buffet is like being on a fair ground rides constantly trying to dodge each other to me this is not how a five star hotel should be dining in the hotel should be a enjoyable relaxing part of your holiday not a military exercise.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple